The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

satyamsit

Broken In
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: April 2013

Please avoid Alcatel as its not VFM.

For battery life & dual sim support - lenovo p770
If you want a mob from established brands then L9 or wait for sony xperia L.

L7 II is very overpriced

Xolo Q800- I would better stay away from such company who do not even disclose the service centre list.

thanks a lot .. L9 looks like a good bet .. xperia battery is not at all great as i got the several feedback from my friends. anything else i can look at in your opinion??

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Can anyone tell me where can i buy huawei fones in kolkata from. i will buy from flipkart if no shop sells, but before that i wanted to hold and feel the fone. i have called up most of the shops mentioned o the huawei site, but they dont have huawei fones !!!:shock::shock: can anyone plz help?? any help is greatly appreciated..

check here
Huawei Device India - Retail Shops | LFR: Reliance Digital, Croma, eZone

Same is the situation in Mumbai. 2 weeks back I went to croma, ezone & Reliance Digital but could not find it they were having Honor, a very old model. I even could not found G330 for my cousin In dec 2012
When I went to reputed mobile shop & asked for HUAWEI the reply was.."Sir ye toh Chinese brand hai hum nahi stock karte , Micromax le lo Samsung ke level ka hai"

Kiss

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S4 is out on Infibeam...

Samsung Galaxy S4 Price in India, Buy Samsung Galaxy S4, Reviews & Features, Samsung Mobiles India - Infibeam.com

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@aila if you have used Android before than go for the Android phone. Some restrictions of Windows Phone might cause trouble for you.
BTW which Lumia phone you talking of?

aila

Broken In

@aila if you have used Android before than go for the Android phone. Some restrictions of Windows Phone might cause trouble for you.
BTW which Lumia phone you talking of?

this will be my first smartfone. i have no problem with technology however. the more difficult the better. but my budget is 8k , whereas the cheapest window 8 phone lumia 520 comes for 10 k. please suggest. huawei y300 and lg l3 e435 are also on my radar. any others i shud be considering ?

valkeno

Right off the assembly line

Hey guys after lot of waiting & R & D finally have decided to go for Xperia SP :) ,This is goin to be my first phone from my salary and my first android phone :)..switching from nokia c3 to Xperia SP :p ....Just confused which color should i go for ....nyways i wanna ask is it worth getting a mobile insured? I had nokia 5530 2 yrs back ...which i lost :( & din had it got insured ....

Rohit Moharana

which one : galaxy grand or lumia 720

Guys I need your advice to buy a phone.

I wanted a phone that is fun to use and one that I never get bored with...
I have lumia 720 and galaxy grand in mind.

The point is that lumia:the phone itself is very fun to use and has a lot of nice features at this price.
1) supersensitive screen
2) awesome camera / Carl Zeiss optics
3) Design is awesome as well
4) windows phone
5) light weight and ideal size.

But the problem is that it has 512 MB of RAM is a bit of a con. Also windows phone is new so not many fun apps and games.

Galaxy :the phone is not that fun but the OS is. The phone lacks certain features like supersensitive screen and it has a MASSIVE size so feels a little uncomfortable.

So keeping in mind all these should i buy lumia or galaxy? Is windows phone app market ever going to increase ? please answer me ....

Re: which one : galaxy grand or lumia 720

Guys I need your advice to buy a phone.

I wanted a phone that is fun to use and one that I never get bored with...
I have lumia 720 and galaxy grand in mind.

The point is that lumia:the phone itself is very fun to use and has a lot of nice features at this price.
1) supersensitive screen
2) awesome camera / Carl Zeiss optics
3) Design is awesome as well
4) windows phone
5) light weight and ideal size.

But the problem is that it has 512 MB of RAM is a bit of a con. Also windows phone is new so not many fun apps and games.
r-uiop
Galaxy :the phone is not that fun but the OS is. The phone lacks certain features like supersensitive screen and it has a MASSIVE size so feels a little uncomfortable.

So keeping in mind all these should i buy lumia or galaxy? Is windows phone app market ever going to increase ? please answer me ....

If u never wanna get bored of ur phone, then get Android with good custom ROM support. I'll suggest u to get Xperia SL(compact, 4.3" screen) or Xperia ion(4.6" screen)

Rohit Moharana

If u never wanna get bored of ur phone, then get Android with good custom ROM support. I'll suggest u to get Xperia SL(compact, 4.3" screen) or Xperia ion(4.6" screen)

Thanks Anupam

Last edited:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent

you are the person on this forum, i think is a true geek.. (maybe one of them)
cuz just buying a good phone is one thing, even a rich noob can do..
but thinking like this.. its awesome..
i'have always been bored by those phones, cuz atmost you can get a new theme..
i'm getting that as my signature man..

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In

When will Xperia L be out, there 0 news about it :(

Xperia L is out on flipkart @Rs18990 Sony Xperia L - Buy Sony Xperia L Online at Best Prices in India - Sony: Flipkart.com

Can Kindly anybody tell me which one's a better buy Xperia L or Galaxy Grand Duos
I mean which one is better?= Xperia L's Qualcomm MSM8230 Snapdragon or Grand's Broadcom Cortex A9
Also Adreno 305 Vs Broadcom VideoCore IV

Thanks in advance.

shreymittal

Being Human
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: May 2013

Xperia L is out on flipkart @Rs18990 Sony Xperia L - Buy Sony Xperia L Online at Best Prices in India - Sony: Flipkart.com

Can Kindly anybody tell me which one's a better buy Xperia L or Galaxy Grand Duos
I mean which one is better?= Xperia L's Qualcomm MSM8230 Snapdragon or Grand's Broadcom Cortex A9

Thanks in advance.

Obviously bro Xperia L
isme puchne wali konsi baat hai lol

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Grand is a giant brick. nothing else.

Qualcomm MSM8230 is better than any processor found in sub 20k mobile. same for GPU.

Top Bottom