The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

rohit0571

Journeyman
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: February 2013

Pls suggest me 2 phones, budget for 1st phone is 4500 and second is 6000 each. Out of the list for the 1st phone I found Byond B54, Micromax A30 Karbonn A2 and Karbonn A5+ in my budget. For the 2nd phone I liked Lava A500, Karbonn A15 and videocon A30.

Pls help urgently....

Sam ji, Pls help me out....waiting for your comments

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@Sam I had previously started a thread about a new phone under 9k for my dad. He is a cdma user.
But just came across a HTC One V @ 8990:shock:
It it a good buy ? HTC One V-4GB - Black CDMA Smartphone|Sealed in Box | eBay

BRAND NEW BOX PACKED IMPORTED MOBILE
this may mean no warranty. better ask the dealer.

How is the Huawei Ascend G330 ? Or should I go for a different phone around 10k ? I saw a deal on an HTC One V for around 11k on ebay.Was thinking about it for its looks and dev support.

One V's market price is 15k+ that means the mobile won't carry any warranty. Secondly i think One V lacks the magnetometer (no compass and maybe no navigation). I have used G330 (just a hands on) and it is worth the price. On a downside, currently there is no custom rom and you'll have to stick with stock rom only.

Sam ji, Pls help me out....waiting for your comments

If you can live without 3G, B54 is the cheapest of all of them. And for the second, you may like to wait for Micromax Ninja A59. Its not on sale yet but should be the cheapest dualcore mobile out there.

pratyush997

Inactive

@SAM I'll be getting 2(Another for my friend) Pantech Burst in the end of the month from either Ebay.com (via ishopinternational.com) or directly by ibhejo.com. Which one will be cheaper and reliable? Is there anyone in your contacts who owns this and have any issues with it!
Thanks!

anky

Youngling

Hello frnds, I have bought sony xperia go yesterday its specified ram was 512 mb but now in phone when I saw it was around 350-

rohit0571

Journeyman

@SAM I'll be getting 2(Another for my friend) Pantech Burst in the end of the month from either Ebay.com (via ishopinternational.com) or directly by ibhejo.com. Which one will be cheaper and reliable? Is there anyone in your contacts who owns this and have any issues with it!
Thanks!

How much is it costing you after all charges?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Thanks!

all my friends are Samsung fanboys :(

rohit0571

Journeyman

Yet to request qoute from ishop int!
it should be around 7.8k

The link which you have given is not a unlocked phone, but it is AT&T phone and it needs to be unlocked before getting it in India. Unlocked phones are quoting for Rs.178$ on ebay.com. So it will be nearly 9600/- which is more than ibhejo.com
(pls correct me if I am wrong)

If you got the quote from ishop....? Pls share...

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive

The link which you have given is not a unlocked phone, but it is AT&T phone and it needs to be unlocked before getting it in India. Unlocked phones are quoting for Rs.178$ on ebay.com. So it will be nearly 9600/- which is more than ibhejo.com
(pls correct me if I am wrong)

If you got the quote from ishop....? Pls share...
Unlocking ain't problem!
We ain't Americans so it ain't illegal
and I got Unlocking tool ;)

rohit0571

Journeyman

Unlocking ain't problem!
We ain't Americans so it ain't illegal
and I got Unlocking tool ;)

So what type of phones should be bought from US, either they should be locked under contract or locked/ unlocked without contract etc....

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Mobile Reference Guide: January 2012

Did anyone notice this ??
seems too good to be true.

you doubt it is fake? ;)

3MP cam without flash, normal TFT display and may lack a few of the sensors. Final price is 6k which is just fine.

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Mobile Reference Guide: January 2012

Did anyone notice this ??
seems too good to be true.
I think it is: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/169297-micromax-company-run-satan-himself.html

pratyush997

Inactive

So what type of phones should be bought from US, either they should be locked under contract or locked/ unlocked without contract etc....
Unlocked ones!
Many got unlocked from ibhejo.com | just download the unlocker just in case the device comes locked :D

Top Bottom