The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
And now the roll out for the nexus line up begins. My friend N10 got the OTA today.

I still havent got it :( :confused:
roll out system is poor,they arent very organised like Apple and Microsoft who list update releases on Region,Variant etc
Google does it randomly

$hadow

Geek in making
I still havent got it :( :confused:
roll out system is poor,they arent very organised like Apple and Microsoft who list update releases on Region,Variant etc
Google does it randomly

The rollout is generally 1%. On a later stage mass rollout begins. Though I always flash the image.

chitvan

Journeyman
I think WP is good buy,

lollipop is bit slower than KitKat on my Moto G,
But Android has better customization options.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
hey guys

flipkart is having a sale on mobile with 10% off direct and 10% off with Axis bank card

which one is good from belwo

Spice Dream Uno @ 3999 - 10% off with axis bank card final price 3600
Huawei Honor Bee @4499 - 10 % off with axis bank card = 4050
Huawei Honor Holly @6299 - 10 % off with axis bank card = 5670

I am very much tempted for Spice Dream Uno, it will cost only 3600

today is last for offer, so please suggest asap

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I am very much tempted for Spice Dream Uno, it will cost only 3600

today is last for offer, so please suggest asap

go for it. AFAIK VickyBat has the same phone. my aunt, friend have Android One (Sparkle V & Canvas One) and have excellent build for the price.

hitesh

In the zone
Just bought Lenovo A7000 for 8.1k. Sweet deal !

I just hope that heating issue people talked about is exaggerated

Last edited:
A

amit.tiger12

^ heating is not an issue, more power means more heat... there is no proper way to dissipate heat in mobile... even computer heats up...

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Going to buy a smartphone soon. (~7k). Was looking at Moto E 2015, but that thing apparently has a potato camera.

My needs :
Camera should be able to photograph text (from a book, newspaper, etc).
Should run all day at 100% battery (some wifi usage. no gaming. minimal videos, may be lots of image viewing).

My wants:
Really want to root it, install TWRP with Multiboot. But if no device in this range offers this, I am willing to settle.

Need to get this device in the first or second week of June.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Under that range Redmi's camera is arguably the best out there. I'm too much satisfied.

I don't need the best camera out there. I just need that bare minimum camera, and the ability to root it, flash it. (although, if you can couple a good camera and the root/flash ability, that would be perfect).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I don't need the best camera out there. I just need that bare minimum camera, and the ability to root it, flash it. (although, if you can couple a good camera and the root/flash ability, that would be perfect).

You have got the best cam (rear and front, both) + ability to root (of course, and very easy process) + huge support @ XDA ( PA + CM and lots of other ROMs are available).

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Yes, and it's no more available.

Hardware specifications have improved in the v2 (Redmi 2), can't say about dev support.

Flipkart says registration open every Tuesday at 2 PM ?

Mi Redmi 1S - Buy Mi Redmi 1S Mobile Online at Best Price in India - Flipkart.com

Save you date and time

As the clock strikes 2PM on Tuesdays, the traffic on Flipkart reaches heights. Therefore, stay glued in front of your system and make sure you buy the Redmi S1 on time. If not, you will have to wait for a week long.

Top Bottom