The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
intel SoC is completely different from mediatek & snapdragon.it may not be as battery user friendly but quality seems to be on par with that of snapdragon & definitely better than mediatek.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have 2 Redmi 1 S in my room, 4 in my family, and uncountable in my friend list, and none, I repeat, none have reported any such issues.

The only downside is battery back up which I'd agree but in 6k what do you accept ?

My roomie has Zenphone 5, and believe me, it heats more than my Redmi 1S.

I am so much overwhelmed by this phone that the logic of spending 20-30k over a phone really makes me think thousand times.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have 2 Redmi 1 S in my room, 4 in my family, and uncountable in my friend list, and none, I repeat, none have reported any such issues.

The only downside is battery back up which I'd agree but in 6k what do you accept ?

My roomie has Zenphone 2, and believe me, it heats more than my Redmi 1S.

I am so much overwhelmed by this phone that the logic of spending 20-30k over a phone really makes me think thousand times.

How??? :shock:
They haven't even launched it here yet.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

same here,its a one time purchase and if you lose it/break it ,all 20-30k goes down the drain when repair cost is so high now
i would rather buy a mid ranger (<20k) and change my phone when it breaks/gets outdated etc instead of buying a flagship to stick around with for 3-4 years

$hadow

Geek in making
true dat! my friend sold his G Nexus and bought TWO Redmis(one for CM,one for MIUI,dont ask why :p :D)
hes quite unhappy and all his friends are like we told you so :D :p
still id take a chance with Xiaomi than Samsung anyday ,ive had worse experiences with samsung

Yeah Sammy is certainly not in the battle for that budget phone scenario. I would like that battle between Moto e and somewhat MS 400 series phones.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Yeah Sammy is certainly not in the battle for that budget phone scenario. I would like that battle between Moto e and somewhat MS 400 series phones.

yeah Im still one of the believers that cheap and midrange WP and BB10 phones perform better than their android counterparts especially since Lollipop(even 5.1 is still sluggish) (CM phones such as Yureka and One Plus One are exceptions)
If stock devices itself are soo slow,i cant imagine whats gonna happen to other handsets

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
yeah Im still one of the believers that cheap and midrange WP and BB10 phones perform better than their android counterparts especially since Lollipop(even 5.1 is still sluggish) (CM phones such as Yureka and One Plus One are exceptions)
If stock devices itself are soo slow,i cant imagine whats gonna happen to other handsets

I agree. WP phones are the best buy in under 15k budget,

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for many ppl the flexibility & app support matters more than camera picture quality or few sec lag time & for such ppl android is the best option.

redmi has better hardware but poor after sales support compared to motorola & just like the above example for many ppl that matters more.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
im sorry i dont agree that android is flawless about load times,ive seen more load times on my Nexus 5 than on my 820 despite the 820 having literally half the specs(quad vs dual,2gb vs 1gb)

as for apps,all major apps except snapchat are present on WP and are well designed and supported(except whatsapp which is anyways sluggish and poorly designed and coded on all platforms)

as for flexibility,you wouldnt need to "tweak" every minor aspect of the os,if it was properly optimised,coded and if the hardware-software were built with each other in mind(ill give you an android example itself in case im coming across as a fanboy/arrogant person here- One Plus One :) )

my point being WP is certainly very very undervalued and people blindly hate the platform but ive used it for 2.5 years now on my 720 and i fell in love with it soo much i picked up another 720 when my old 720 broke and i also bought an 820, a Nexus 5 and a BB Z10 later on , because I got excellent deals on them and I love experimenting with new technology etc(including android and ios)

If people really got around to use WP properly and give it a fair chance,im sure they will fall in love with the design etc in which MS has take great pains,it also doesnt slow down older hardware and infact is faster and better with each update regardless of hardware

sorry if this seems like a rant but i feel WP is very massively underrated and android is overrated atleast for me after using/owning stuff from all 4 major platforms
hope you didnt take offense :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have not used either android or WP.i have some experience with iOS & i liked its interface & various apps.by flexibility i didn't mean tweaking but rather future possibilities & no. of apps available as you never know what you might need in future.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i have not used either android or WP.i have some experience with iOS & i liked its interface & various apps.by flexibility i didn't mean tweaking but rather future possibilities & no. of apps available as you never know what you might need in future.

Thats true i guess!!
Windows 10 will help deliver more on this hopefully! :)

$hadow

Geek in making

I don't know but sometimes I feel that shifting form dalvic to ART didn't come as good as was expected by google. MS is just required to move to a better hardware at a good price point.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I don't know but sometimes I feel that shifting form dalvic to ART didn't come as good as was expected by google. MS is just required to move to a better hardware at a good price point.

very true
ART was infact better on Kitkat when enabled through Developer Options,so its kinda ironic
they also refuse to accept there is a serious issue with lollipop and beat around the bush

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
very true
ART was infact better on Kitkat when enabled through Developer Options,so its kinda ironic
they also refuse to accept there is a serious issue with kitkat and beat around the bush

But I have to say with 5.1 they fixed most of the bugs and Iam very much satisfied with it.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
But I have to say with 5.1 they fixed most of the bugs and Iam very much satisfied with it.

btw I made a typo in the quoted post and wrote kitkat instead of lollipop in the last line

as for 5.1 I cant comment on it yet for Nexus 5 but Ill try it and then see if they really have improved it

$hadow

Geek in making
btw I made a typo in the quoted post and wrote kitkat instead of lollipop in the last line

as for 5.1 I cant comment on it yet for Nexus 5 but Ill try it and then see if they really have improved it

And the animations also do look a bit more polished. I heard they pushed OTA for N5.

Top Bottom