The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

masterkd

Padawan
get hands on with a Xiaomi device first. some people can't handle MIUI and felt it as a bloat instead. If you are fine with the UI change, grab one.

I have seen redmi 1s. Personally I like stock UI way more. Also update and community support for redmi will not be that much as moto e. Only thing pulls me back from moto e is hardware. snapdragon 200 is old.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Don't get moto E buddy crap rear camera,no front Cam,Old processor,rooting will void your warranty,rooting moto phones are difficult lastly no updates till now(lollipop).

Get Redmi 2S better screen,better processor,2GB Ram,good front and real cam.

I am a moto E user and i can't even do a video call.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moto E 2nd gen has front cam(even if a mediocre vga one) & i agree that hardware wise it is well behind redmi,lenovo & yureka but it seems to have the best reliability & after sales support which is the main deciding factor for many buyers.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Friend bought a Xiaomi and it cracked in his pocket due to heating. Now he has bought a Nokia X series. So I also dont trust Xiaomi anymore. Moto anyday over it.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^Don't get moto E buddy crap rear camera,no front Cam,Old processor,rooting will void your warranty,rooting moto phones are difficult lastly no updates till now(lollipop).

Get Redmi 2S better screen,better processor,2GB Ram,good front and real cam.

I am a moto E user and i can't even do a video call.

not entirely true,Moto E has got Lollipop....
Lollipop slowed down every device it touched,everyones downgrading to Kitkat or Cm

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Friend bought a Xiaomi and it cracked in his pocket due to heating. Now he has bought a Nokia X series. So I also dont trust Xiaomi anymore. Moto anyday over it.

+1
i haven't used it but all those known to me who have bought a Xiaomi mi3 or redmi are crying saying its pathetic (users of over 5-6 months). initially they all were very happy to get it.

amjath

Human Spambot
not entirely true,Moto E has got Lollipop....
Lollipop slowed down every device it touched,everyones downgrading to Kitkat or Cm

Lollipop never slowed my device, its still butter smooth
CM can't do much in terms of source code based issues, if android is broken so does CM

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ Not true,Stock Lollipop is the worst android yet
CM is actually running parallel slowly and is moving away from google
CM12 is miles ahead of google android
despite having similar kernel etc,it still outperforms google
Im not gonna buy any more androids unless its CM backed

- - - Updated - - -

+1
i haven't used it but all those known to me who have bought a Xiaomi mi3 or redmi are crying saying its pathetic (users of over 5-6 months). initially they all were very happy to get it.

yeah xiaomi devices in my honest opinion are a fad,they are priced cheap,have good specs but the poor design,build quality,lack of premium feel and no source code add to the cons

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
10 of my friends (2 Mi3 and 8 Redmi 1s) are still happy with their phones on stock rom.
I've flashed PA 4.6 on my dad's Redmi 1s (bought in the first flash sale) and he says its way smoother than before.

There are no overheating issues here at my end. I've underclocked the processor to 1.3 GHz as it doesn't affects the performance considerably. Plus greenified all user apps. Gives ~2 days of battery life.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^that is why it is called luck/chance.the probability of getting a faulty/not reliable device from the likes of redmi,mmx etc is more compared to the likes of motorola,sony etc.you may & people do get faulty devices even from apple but the ratio of people getting faulty devices vis-a-vis fine devices is much lower for top tier companies.e.g.say 10%-15% of mmx/yureka & xiaomi devices are faulty & given the user base & demand here that translates to roughly thousands of such units.who is to say you won't be that one in thousand to get such unit?next argument is even more critical.say your luck is bad & you got that one faulty unit among tens of thousand from motorola or even apple but still no worries as you will get reliable after sales support.now compare that to pages filled with horrible experience of mmx service centres(we even have one here by [MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] titled something like company run by Satan) & non existent after sales service/support of redmi.

$hadow

Geek in making
You could have been lucky. I know 3 of my friends who have redmi 1s and none of them is happy with the phone.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
You could have been lucky. I know 3 of my friends who have redmi 1s and none of them is happy with the phone.

true dat! my friend sold his G Nexus and bought TWO Redmis(one for CM,one for MIUI,dont ask why :p :D)
hes quite unhappy and all his friends are like we told you so :D :p
still id take a chance with Xiaomi than Samsung anyday ,ive had worse experiences with samsung

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

strangely, 2 Moto G (1st gen & 2nd gen) in my place are running smooth with stock Lollipop. 3 of my friends have Motorola (1st gen, 2nd gen and a 1st gen E) are too running fine without any slowdown or any kind of error. But the Moto G fanpage in Facebook is overflowing with complains about slowdown and errors. So its like randomly 50% of motorola G users are having issue after lollipop update.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
as long as it is not mediatek it is fine.for now moto e 2nd gen & asus zenfone 2 seems to be the best choice for ~7k budget when reliability & after sales support is the main factor & not hardware.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
strangely, 2 Moto G (1st gen & 2nd gen) in my place are running smooth with stock Lollipop. 3 of my friends have Motorola (1st gen, 2nd gen and a 1st gen E) are too running fine without any slowdown or any kind of error. But the Moto G fanpage in Facebook is overflowing with complains about slowdown and errors. So its like randomly 50% of motorola G users are having issue after lollipop update.

you are right,only Moto G(both 1st and 2nd gen) users have mixed reactions
i feel its poor optimisation and coding on googles part
strangely my friends Moto G1 was running faster than my Nexus 5 and 7 and even my friends Nexus 6
CM Lollipop seems immune to this for some reason(my friend has a nightly build on his One Plus One)
whereas my cousin is going crazy with poor performance and battery life on his Moto G2
what is shocking is he isnt really a "smartphone person" and his previous phone was a wave 525 and he doesnt really have any apps installed on his Moto at all

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I dont like the sound of Mediatek zenfone 2
even if they do, I hope they price the mediatek variant dirt cheap and price the intel/qualcomm variants a bit higher

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
10 of my friends (2 Mi3 and 8 Redmi 1s) are still happy with their phones on stock rom.
I've flashed PA 4.6 on my dad's Redmi 1s (bought in the first flash sale) and he says its way smoother than before.

There are no overheating issues here at my end. I've underclocked the processor to 1.3 GHz as it doesn't affects the performance considerably. Plus greenified all user apps. Gives ~2 days of battery life.

even i am very much satisfied with my redmi 1s , best 6k ever spent.......

it heats up when charging or using gps + 3g

else it works fine with wifi on , typical battery is 1 day.......

- - - Updated - - -

well i dont trust them either , they said to release the miui 6 update android 4.4 like 2-3 months back till now nothing is there..........

Top Bottom