The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I like the complete list but is it just the OP's opinion or is the list a general vote of agreement?
I don't want to buy a device by the spec sheet.
help!

my own view. and its based almost entirely on specs (hardware + OS). and looking at the insane registration for K3 Note (half a million) it'll be extremely difficult or say impossible to grab it on the first few sales. you can always go for 2nd or 3rd slot. Or check and pick your own from the list. just try to avoid the one with red marks.

devil'sdouble

Broken In
Is the Galaxy note 3 still a good buy for 28k? what else is comparable to the note 3 at 28k?
At 28k can't say, especially when Note 4 sells around 32k or something. But at something like 24-25k it's great.

Which other phone is comparable? Don't know, don't care. Have been more than happy with mine, so no need to look at other stuffs.

rohitshakti2

In the zone
my own view. and its based almost entirely on specs (hardware + OS). and looking at the insane registration for K3 Note (half a million) it'll be extremely difficult or say impossible to grab it on the first few sales. you can always go for 2nd or 3rd slot. Or check and pick your own from the list. just try to avoid the one with red marks.

Sir,

Will customised ROMs be available for Lenovo in future or any of the phones upto rs.10000/- bracket with proper xda page.

regards

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sir,

Will customised ROMs be available for Lenovo in future or any of the phones upto rs.10000/- bracket with proper xda page.

regards

Please don't be so formal. I am just one guy helping others.

Most Lenovo phones are not well supported. Mainly due to their chipset of choice (mediatek) and secondly being mainly not widely available outside Asia. There mayn't be long time support, say no Android M (custom rom) for most Lenovos. If you are still going for a new phone and want updated OS, Motorola looks to be best choice.

nav18

Broken In
With Amazon Freedom Sale. The Sony Xperia Z1 is available at 14450/- (After additional 15% discount on HDFC card).Should I consider this phone over mi4i or mi4 ?

I'm having heating issues on my Redmi 1s.The battery capacity is good (on paper at least). I don't want another phone with similar issue though.

Please suggest a better alternative at price range.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
With Amazon Freedom Sale. The Sony Xperia Z1 is available at 14450/- (After additional 15% discount on HDFC card).Should I consider this phone over mi4i or mi4 ?

I'm having heating issues on my Redmi 1s.The battery capacity is good (on paper at least). I don't want another phone with similar issue though.

Please suggest a better alternative at price range.

Z1 over Mi 4i any day. However, seeing that it was launched in 2013, it would be wiser to wait for Moto X Play.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Planning to buy an iPhone6. Is it safe to buy from sites like snapdeal and shopclues (they have the best prices) , do they give a manufacturers warrenty. Want to do an EMI as well.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Planning to buy an iPhone6. Is it safe to buy from sites like snapdeal and shopclues (they have the best prices) , do they give a manufacturers warrenty. Want to do an EMI as well.

Have read a few bad online experiences for people buying phones from SD. I'd say stick with Amazon / FK for a phone costing this much. That said SD lists these:

1 Year Brand Warranty
11.93 cm (4.7) Touchscreen
A8 Chip with 64-bit Architecture and M8 Motion Co-processor
16 GB Memory
8 MP iSight Camera and 1.2 MP FaceTime HD Camera
Wi-Fi Enabled
Bluetooth Support
Full HD Recording
iOS 8

So yeah, I guess it does include manufacturer warranty as you asked.

A

amit.tiger12

nexus 5, purchased in jan 2014, working fine till now... should i upgrade my device??? buy new device comparing nexus 5??
or should i wait for next nexus???

nexus is working fine, nothing wrong with it... just asking... do i need to upgrade???

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
nexus 5, purchased in jan 2014, working fine till now... should i upgrade my device??? buy new device comparing nexus 5??
or should i wait for next nexus???

nexus is working fine, nothing wrong with it... just asking... do i need to upgrade???

if you feel the hardware is showing its age, then you may but i feel despite its age Nexus 5 is still a solid smartphone. If you are planning to jump, wait for Snapdragon 820 based devices to show up (Moto X 2016 or next year's Nexus). Current nexus will be powered by Snapdragon 808/810. And no matter what they show/shout in PR, it'll suffer from overheating heating like any other device with same processor.

And let this QHD/UHD hype settle down a bit.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
One query guys, planning to sell my Z1 compact and get Oneplus One / Redmi 2 Prime. Now, can I use these mobiles in USA? I mean, are the 4G bands supported by these phones compatible with what is available in US?
I was checking the frequency directory provided by GSMArena, Here.
These are the bands supported by Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Bands.
Checked the same for Oneplus One too, the information provided in amazon is not clear enough, OnePlus One.
Could any one please clarify?

pgcp

Right off the assembly line
Planning on buying Motorola Moto X Play. All the specs look but i am a little skeptical about the 2 GB ram. I planning on using this phone for atleast 3 years (I know its a long time & i cant xpect top notch performance for the whole duration). But still, how is the performance going to be? No hardcore gaming to be done but a lot of multitasking will be done. My first choice was OnePlus2 but the availability is a bummer.

How much performance difference will it have in comparison to Moto X Style (I know its not launched yet & there is going to be a price differnce of about 10K) But i am concerned only about basic performance & multitasking (Smooth functioning without lagging)

tkin

Back to school!!
Planning on buying Motorola Moto X Play. All the specs look but i am a little skeptical about the 2 GB ram. I planning on using this phone for atleast 3 years (I know its a long time & i cant xpect top notch performance for the whole duration). But still, how is the performance going to be? No hardcore gaming to be done but a lot of multitasking will be done. My first choice was OnePlus2 but the availability is a bummer.

How much performance difference will it have in comparison to Moto X Style (I know its not launched yet & there is going to be a price differnce of about 10K) But i am concerned only about basic performance & multitasking (Smooth functioning without lagging)
Perfect in every way, but it does not have Gyroscope. I finalized this for a replacement for my LG G2, scrapped the idea just for the lack of Gyroscope.

Top Bottom