NikhilVerma said:
ISP: Sikkanet
City: Lucknow
Plan Name: 256 KbPs Unlimited
Speed Offered: 256KbPs
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): Unlimited
Price: 600/Month and 3500 Installation
Comments:
+ Install their own tower at the top of your house... So no cable laying chakkar!!!

- Shared Connection so speeds slightly slow during daytime
3500 for just installation? That's too high , sify here in delhi charges only 1000 and mtnl rs 800!!

B'coz they are having wireless intallation !

BTW.. delpiero what to u think ?? what technology they might be using ?
I m here planning to build a LAN among my free computer freak friends (my follower) :D

So if that technology is not much costly then we can go for it !

chinmay

Journeyman
Broadband

Hi...this is chinmay from gurgaon...here is my form ;)....

ISP: CN'C Cable Net
City: Gurgaon
Specific Areas: Palm Vihar, Sector 22, 23 n others
Plan Name: Unlimited Plan
Speed Offered: 256 Kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): Unlimited
Validity: 1 month
Price: Rs. 810
Comments: I usually get a speed of 96 Kbps in the peak time i.e 11:00 am to 9 pm...speed can accelerate easily upto 320 kbps when using at night or on weekends...an average speed of 256 kbps is truth...i download around 30 gbs per month and got no problems...i consider it superb in comparison with the other connections mentioned here....the only problem is lines stop workin durin rains

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^ no pradeep, still i get only 14-16kBps on p2p only...earlier i used to 29-31kBps.

Just curious , how u check ur speeds? (at wht speed u r connected)

mamba

In the zone
Ricky said:
mamba said:
hey
got a problem
i m able 2 surf n download things frm web sites , but aint able 2 download through other software eg . kazaa , bitorrent , warez p2p , n all other p2p clients . VOTS UP ???????
REPLY SOON , NE1

Oye yaar.. may be this is late reply ..

But sify guys have strict firewall to block all those stuff.. but still no one is perfect..

You try to use emule .. it is the only one p2p who is able to go through my ISP's firewall :D

:lol:
u took some time dude :lol:

btw , i used 2 call up sify n create some serious ' BAWAAL ' :lol: . had them give me kindda ' full access ' , meaning no ports blocked . since then every thingz working fine here . whenever m not able 2 connect , give them a little demo of that ' BAWAAL ' , n they have their delhi tech firewall team call me within coupla hrs .

so if u exp ne suchh kindda probs , dont hesitate 2 give them a peace of ur **** . :twisted:

[lokesh]

Journeyman
pradeep_chauhan said:
Guys I think the problem is over (low spped one on Data One) I am back to 255Kbps.

I am still stuck with low speeds only..but yesterday the same time i had download speeds of 27-30 kBps. I think there is a backup connection for Dataone which has low bandwidth, and that's why our connection is not fully out and we get some transfer...and sometimes when the traffic is less, we get boosted speed.

khandu

In the zone
Hey raaboooo...

can we get a poll here too ??

cause goin thru 17 pages is makin me mad..

like that we can have a bit better idea..

khemkarahul

Broken In
I guess BROADBAND actually means speeds anything above 256 kbps which is not commonly provided by most of the ISP's.
All these ISP's cheat ppl in the name of BROADBAND by providing a mere 40 to 64 kbps
I'd definitely go for the BSNL Data One only if it didn't have any download restrictions/limits.
I'm waiting till anybody strats providing 24hrs 256 kbps with unlimited downloads at an economical price.

Vyasram

The pWnster
I have a dial up connection 33.6 Kbps. When i download using DAP it gives me 3 KBps . What is the difference between Kbps & KBps.

anir551

Broken In
Vyasram said:
I have a dial up connection 33.6 Kbps. When i download using DAP it gives me 3 KBps . What is the difference between Kbps & KBps.
also tell me how to reach that 1gbps in dataone.Which plan gives that speed and how much

33.6 kbps means 33.6 Kilo "Bits" per second. 3 KBps means 3 Kilo "Bytes"
per second. 1 Byte = 8 bits. Since your connection is 33.6kbps you should
get 33.6/8 = 4 KBps approx at peak speed.

If you really want ( if you have deep pockets) that you can get atmost 1Mbps in Home 3300 plan of DATAONE. As for 1 gbps, thats way too high
to think about for now. Infact, maybe such speed are available in top research facilities only.

See:
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

redalert5

Right off the assembly line
Has anyone tried reliance's new broadband plans, i have heard they are quite good and best of all no bandwidth limit.

mamba

In the zone
gud news 4 all sify users . i have a 96kbps connection . as u all must have experienced , afetr a download of round 70 mb after 8 a.m. , the speeds used 2 fall down 2 bout 3-4 kbps ( in my case 11 kbps - 4 kbps ) . but 4 the last 1 week or so , have been getting 11kbps 4 the whole day , even after that limit of 70mb :!: :!: gud 4 me coz i download 24 hrs a day :D

n that shitty thing that was going round , that after 150mb download per day ( ' unlimited ' users ) , each subsequent 150 mb would result in the decrease in 1 day frm ur plan , hasnt been true in my case :twisted: e.g. in the last 7 days , have downloaded bout 4.5gb n the expiry date still is 12th of april ( ya thats 2day , have got a night unlimited connection of 256 kbps :twisted: :twisted: )

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Guys
Tell me does your data one adsl modem get hot? I just happen to touch the modem after a few hours of working the top of the case was realy hot around 40-50 C i think. Do you too have this or something wrong with my modem.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
The BSNL guys at my place say that they'll begin givin connections in two weeks time. I'd registered for the connection in the first week of february. Would I be eligible to avail of their 'unlimted data transfer' offer till June 31st? Someone please help me out. It's because those people at BSNL themselves have no idea of what they're talking about.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
gamefreak.... I think that might be a double edged sword. A similar thing happened with enoonmai and hes really quite upset about it as he feels he is going to run up a huge bill. My suggestion ? get the conn sit tight for a month see what the bill is like and then take a call on it.

Top Bottom