The best broadband offers available across India

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I second Icecoolz suggestion. Prof really dug a deep grave for himself. The best thing will be to see how they charge you for the first month.

X

x822

hey guys ... heres the answer i got on the mcafee.com test thing ... is this good awat ?? :mrgreen: :D
=======================
File Size :2.9297 MB

Time Elapsed :1.011 seconds

My Speed :23.183 Mbps
(2.898 MBps)
=======================

later,
Nial.

demoninside

In the zone
R u on T1 line x822,

any way gamefreak if u hv registered before 31st march,
means if u hv paid ur installment charges before 31st then u can d/l,
other wise be tight for two months coz wht i hv hured is from june it's going to be no limit...

gauravsuneja

macaddict
which is the best broadband in delhi

can anybody teellme which is the best broadband service provider in delhi which can give unlimited hrs and unlimited downlaods at 500 rs \pm and installation of max 1000rs i have used sify 48kbps palan and hotwire but of them suck
tahnks in advance

username

Right off the assembly line
Reliance Rocks

Provider : Reliance Infocomm
Plan Name : Freedom 650
Requirements : Reliance FWP/FWT initial investment atleast 1800\- required and an extra 500\- to 1100\- for the data cable depending on quality what you take !
Range : Wireless (9km in radius of tower.network is wondefuly sustained!)
Speed : 115Kbps (It is 115 KILO BITS per second.)
Usage Limitation :1GB Monthly (Sigh, two way transfer upload & download)
Cost : 716.30\- inclusive all taxes per month (if u dont make any calls and just use it for internet and you need to take zero rental plan for it !)
Comments : Reliance doesn't call this broadband honestly but the speed is very good for browsing but playing multiplayer games is hell as you would be called and jeered as lagger! :( And the two way data transfer really sux, they shoud make it download :D :D

[lokesh]

Journeyman
pradeep_chauhan said:
Guys
Tell me does your data one adsl modem get hot? I just happen to touch the modem after a few hours of working the top of the case was realy hot around 40-50 C i think. Do you too have this or something wrong with my modem.

yeah..it happens with mine too. But it does not happen all the time, only at some times it gets heated up too much. I download 24 hours a day. Moreover i am facing a new problem. I am getting disconnected quite often, don't know why, can anybody help me out.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I have put a fan on the data one modem now the heating thing is not there. About the disconnection open the config page of the modem and check the folloing
SNR Margin: 31.0db SNR Margin: 24.5db
Line Attenuation: 21.5db Line Attenuation: 37.5db
if the val are low then get your tele line checked. Tele line problems are the major cause for disconnections.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
x822 said:
hey guys ... heres the answer i got on the mcafee.com test thing ... is this good awat ?? :mrgreen: :D
=======================
File Size :2.9297 MB

Time Elapsed :1.011 seconds

My Speed :23.183 Mbps
(2.898 MBps)
=======================

later,
Nial.

:roll: ..

Which connection you have ? how much you pay ?

Delpiero

Journeyman
I am using sify 256 kbps 700 mb package. And i am getting download speed of 31 kpbs not more than that. Is this fine?

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Oh well, it's nice to work at Digit ;)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/digit-speedtest.jpg

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Raaabo said:
Oh well, it's nice to work at Digit ;)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/digit-speedtest.jpg

Oh well.. think you got 1 mbps connection ? roughly it is giving you 80 kBps ? and then how much it cost ?

here I get actual speed of 150 kbps avg. :) .. so it cost me around Rs. 3.33 per kbps (for unlimited downloads).
So what i am asking .. hw much ur connection really cost ? is it better value for money ?

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
New update..
The edge connection is now no longer EDGE from last day. It is now giving speed of a simple GPRS connection but sometimes get back to normal.

Man why everything never goes smooth here ! :(

avdhut_s

Broken In
ISP: HATHWAY
City: MUMBAI
Specific Areas: WADALA
Plan Name:pLAN 128 ( NIGHT PACKAGE)
Speed Offered: 128 KBPS
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 3 GBPER MONTH
Validity:
Price:750+TAX = Rs826

Comments: WHAT CAN I SAY ABOUT THIS....SERVICE REALLY SUCKS...
I KNOW ITS KIDA STRANGE , BUT I NEVER GET CONNECTED ON TIME ( AROUND 8'O CLOCK i.e.)......FREQUENT DISCONNECTIONS......STABILITY IS POORER THAN MTNL CONNECTION.........
IS ANYONE ELSE HATHWAY CUSTOMER HAVING SUCH PROBLEM? PLZ LET ME KNW.........
AND YES I TRIED CALLING THERE CUST CARE BUT THEY KEEP ON GIVING ME SOME FUNNY SOLUTIONS SUCH AS DISCONNECTING AND RECONNECTING MY MODEM, WHICH NOT TO MENTION, NEVER WORKS......
I CANT EVEN DISCONNECT THE SERVICE AS I'VE ALREADY PAID Rs.3000 FOR THE MODEM........
PLZ PUBLISH THIS IN UR MAG AS NO ONE ELSE IN FUTURE WILL HAVE TO SUFFER THIS........

santosh_sa

Broken In
ISP:Airtel
City:BAngalore
Specific Areas:Bannerghatta .Road
Plan Name:Combo 550
Speed Offered:256Kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb):Night usage Free and day Usage 10Hr/month
Validity:Don't know
Price:750/pm
Comments:

daj123

Journeyman
In search of true broadband...

Interesting read:

*www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3578

What do you guys think? Have you used any of those ISPs he mentioned? Please post your thoughts/reviews/experiences.

Edit: I meant to start a new topic! :lol:

mamba

In the zone
avdhut_s said:
ISP: HATHWAY
City: MUMBAI
Specific Areas: WADALA
Plan Name:pLAN 128 ( NIGHT PACKAGE)
Speed Offered: 128 KBPS
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 3 GBPER MONTH
Validity:
Price:750+TAX = Rs826

dude , that sux bigtime :!: :!: a 3gb limit on a night usage n that 2 at Rs 826 !!!!!!

i got a sify night unlimited 256kbps connection . it costs me Rs 650 + Rs 100 to the local cable guy = Rs 750 .

n every night i download 1.1 GB of moviez , gamez ..... nething i can lay my hands on . that means a minimum of 33 GB per month :twisted: :twisted:

ok sify has its own problems , but my advice is that u dump that hathway connection of urs . n there is no connection problem with sify

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
This post is for people who have used Exattnet or who live in South Mumbai:

I'm coming back next month and am in the search for a broadband connection. My cablewalla gives Exattnet connections. I saw their plans and their 256kbps unlimited plan sounds like a good deal. My question is whether or not this plan is good. Also, I want to know about their uptimes, customer service, etc.

Top Bottom