The best broadband offers available across India

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
A glimpse of what i do :D
*img42.exs.cx/img42/4747/untitled2vc.png

Still i feel, it's some 10% less than what i used to be...

devilhead_satish

In the zone
ISP: Sify Broadband(huh?)
City: Mumbai
Specific Areas: The whole of it
Plan Name: 128 kbps
Speed Offered: 128 kbps(duh!)
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 150MB/day
Validity: 6Months
Price: 2500
Comments:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@drgrudge and pradeep_chauhan: Thanks, guys. I am heaving a HUGE sigh of relief. Already, I downloaded over 600+MB and I was scared that if I continue this, I would end up being on the top-ten billers list again, like when I had to pay 8k+ for my phone bills. :D The transfer rates are between 28 and 32 kbps for downloads, is that right, or is anyone getting more? If you are, any tips/hacks on increasing the speed would be welcome. :)

abhinav

Journeyman
ISP: sify
City: dELHI
Specific Areas: Harinagar
Plan Name: -------------
Speed Offered: 48 kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): unlimited
Validity: 1 month
Price: 450/- including taxes
Comments:Not good as i cant donload movies,MP3,etc.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
[lokesh said:
]Hmm...i thought everyone in BSNL dataone gets 1 Gbps connection speed..:?:
whaT????! GBPS???
if only i had such a connection.
if only any home user had such a connection................
that wud be better than heaven itself.

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
Hello friends ,

any one using bsnl broadband & living in kolkata pls provide me his username and password to me for two days.

Actually my broadband connection has been installed but the exchange guy said that i will get my user id after 2 or 3 days .

so i request anyone using datone to lend me his user id for two days

Please pls pls pls pls........

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
hello friends

dont need the user id any more

i got my own today ,

amazing speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man

i am getting over 256 kbps.........................

DataOne Rulz..................

A

andareil

Can any one please tell me if the registration on the web is enough or do you have to deposit a form in your nearest bsnl office. Cause I had registered on the web in late feb but I have yet to get even an acknowledgement mail from bsnl.

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
In my city online registration is not enough, i have to filled up a fresh form for broadband registration in my telephone exchange

i think you should also go to your nearest tele exchange and enquire the officer present there for the broadband registration................

[lokesh]

Journeyman
sagar_coolx said:
[lokesh said:
]Hmm...i thought everyone in BSNL dataone gets 1 Gbps connection speed..:?:
whaT????! GBPS???
if only i had such a connection.
if only any home user had such a connection................
that wud be better than heaven itself.

It's not 1 GBps it's 1 Gbps, i mentioned it correctly, how come you were mistaken.
*img142.exs.cx/img142/7436/dataone6yj.jpg

By the way guys, does anyone know how to find out how much upload/download has been made in BSNL Dataone ?

duckhead

Right off the assembly line
ISP: Hathway
City: Mumbai
Specific Areas: Lower Parel
Plan Name: Liteway-1 Xtra
Speed Offered: 256 kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 7GB/month
Validity: 6 months
Price: Rs. 3,000/-
Comments: Hardly any downtime. Plus somedays your downloads end up being not counted. trick is to know which days :wink:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
hello guys
Data One in bangalore (ulsoor Exchange area) down to a crawl for the past three days. Is any one else also facing the same hardship?

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Yes that problem is there overall India for the past 3 days...the international cable that provides BSNL dataone got cut due to some problem...that's why we get very low speeds and no transfer at some times. Seems like it will be fixed soon.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
mamba said:
hey
got a problem
i m able 2 surf n download things frm web sites , but aint able 2 download through other software eg . kazaa , bitorrent , warez p2p , n all other p2p clients . VOTS UP ???????
REPLY SOON , NE1

Oye yaar.. may be this is late reply ..

But sify guys have strict firewall to block all those stuff.. but still no one is perfect..

You try to use emule .. it is the only one p2p who is able to go through my ISP's firewall :D

[lokesh]

Journeyman
drgrudge said:
Hmm..., i get 1-2 kbps speeds only for the past 4 days and if i am lucky i get 4kBps :D

lol...i was lucky...i got 15-30 kbps yesterday..but now again it's down i get only 2-4 kbps...

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
babumuchhala said:
Well sify today launched 128 kbps fr Rs 995(Rs 500 fr Mumbai) but heres the catch and i quote frm the site:
Sify Broadband said:
Further, this product will also help to cater to the needs of the Small Office Home Office (SOHO) segment and even some of the SMEs. However, this product CANNOT BE USED BY CYBERCAFES. If the usage exceeds 150 MB in a day, then a validity reduction of one day will be made per 150 MB of extra usage in that day.
And the other package is night plan (usage 9pm - 9 am) fr Rs 650.
Link: *www.sifybroadband.com/newul_pack.htm

Well sify has also started USER ID - IP ADDRESS- MAC ID BINDING. Any way to override this thing bcos every Sundays i use my cousins id(Sunday free fr hourly users) which gives 64kbps dedicated compared to my 40 kbps shared
Link: *broadband.sify.com/bb_security.html

Reading this thread !!
Seems to be that SIFY guys are the most concern ISP about its bandwidth !
And this is the problem for costly internet in India.. ie costly bandwidth..
Now TRAI is trying to deduct bandwidth rate for backbone about 75% lesser.. hope then we could have fast yet unlimited internet everywhere :!

Top Bottom