The best broadband offers available across India

VampireBat

Right off the assembly line
pradeep_chauhan said:
Hey guys i have heard that in view of the new declaration from TRI the download limit may continue to be unlimited for the year end Dec 31. Its a unconfirmed news told by some BSNL guy to me today.

err.. then what about the people who has signed up after March. will they be also eligible ?

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
See guys this news is all "word of mouth" may turn out to a total gas bag so please wait let us see what BSNL comes up after 31 June. Also i have no way to authenticate / support this rumor.

Prajith

Broken In
ISP-BSNL
CITY-PUNE
SPEED-256Kbps NEVER GOT ABOVE 215 kbps
LIMITATION - 1gb (REALLY SUCKS)
COMMENTS-guys great thing is i get 80 Kbps(average) download speed with Internet Download Accelerator.

I think your distance from the tel xchange also matters as i was told

I am lucky!!

I can easily break the xchange's window pane
with a small stone that too
FROM MY BALCONY !!!!!!!!

How Great is That ???????

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
pradeep_chauhan said:
Hey guys watch out i got a bill of Rs 2546/- for the data one connection(active 8Feb05 till 01Mar05) i have no idea how and will go tomorrow to fight it out. BSNL is taking me for a ride.

It is possible that some spywares are installed in your system which also download other worms and dialers. these dialers dial ISD calls without any input from the user. Just check your startup for these dialers

third_rate

Right off the assembly line
hey i am on dataone for the last 4 days and i've already d/l data more than 4 GB...if they charge me 3/- per each MB more than 1 GB...I think i need to use my calc.

But the connection rocks !!! It's too fast. No disconnections or fluctuations or whatever... :D

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmm, I am a bit worried now. I registered my Data1 a couple of days back and I am still waiting, but this news of overbilling is turning me stone cold with fear. I definitely dont want a repeat of my dial-up bills. I thought they were not gonna bill anyone for exceeding their download limits until June. :? Has anyone downloaded more than their limit and still gotten a bill of 500 for the connection charges? Anyone?

demoninside

In the zone
yes praddep wht happen,
coz i asked about it from my uncle,
he said there shouldn't be this type of prob,

i guess ur bill include,
modem charges+security+tax

it's not the d/l bill

or is it??????????????

nd yes pls tell us wht happened when u went to BSNL office------------

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Oh sorry i forgot to update Well i went to bsnl and they said that the bill is for the period 08 Feb to 30 April and the breakdown us as under.
Modem Deposit 500
Modem Inst 500
Broadband feb 370
Broadband Mar 500
Broadband Apr 500
Modem rent Apr 100
Modem rent Mar 100
Modem rent Feb 100
Total Rs 2670/-
I think its better to buy the modem and have given an application for the same. Modem Cost Rs 2000/- and i have paid Rs 500+100+100+100=800 already.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
ISP: Sikkanet
City: Lucknow
Plan Name: 256 KbPs Unlimited
Speed Offered: 256KbPs
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): Unlimited
Price: 600/Month and 3500 Installation
Comments:
+ Install their own tower at the top of your house... So no cable laying chakkar!!!

- Shared Connection so speeds slightly slow during daytime

Delpiero

Journeyman
NikhilVerma said:
ISP: Sikkanet
City: Lucknow
Plan Name: 256 KbPs Unlimited
Speed Offered: 256KbPs
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): Unlimited
Price: 600/Month and 3500 Installation
Comments:
+ Install their own tower at the top of your house... So no cable laying chakkar!!!

- Shared Connection so speeds slightly slow during daytime
3500 for just installation? That's too high , sify here in delhi charges only 1000 and mtnl rs 800!!

rajeev86

Broken In
enoonmai said:
Hmm, I am a bit worried now. I registered my Data1 a couple of days back and I am still waiting, but this news of overbilling is turning me stone cold with fear. I definitely dont want a repeat of my dial-up bills. I thought they were not gonna bill anyone for exceeding their download limits until June. :? Has anyone downloaded more than their limit and still gotten a bill of 500 for the connection charges? Anyone?
yes, even i had read on their website that they r not going to bill anyone for exceeding download limits till june, but when i called up customer service, they told me that they had not received any such information. i am not having a very good time with this connection, the surfing speeds r slowing down, the customer service doesnt seem to have any technical info whatsoever. i have described my few experiences below:

i had registered my data one connection on 27 jan,2005 and got the connection only on 17 march. and they had given me an user id and password which dint exist at all(i found this out after i messed around with the CPE settings, so i reset to default settings and then entered the user id and password which they had given, the connection dint work at all). i registered a complaint and they got back to me the next day and they asked me to check my id and password,well, it wasnt what i had entered, i got my real id and pass then.

i wanted to play aoe2 online for which ports 6667&1720(more on this in the QnA section), had to be open, so i called them up, they dint have any idea about it at all.

i have another friend near my place who got the connection a few days back and they gave him some manager`s id and password, asking him to call back the next day for his real id & pass. when he did that, they told him to use the manager`s id itself.
so all who r going in for data one, be warned!

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
u can well go to a consumer court, u have every right to put up a case and u can surely make the people at BSNL give what they have promised to give

[lokesh]

Journeyman
enoonmai said:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry....

I registered and finished all the formalities on 22 february and still i haven't got my connection...and also from the comments from you guys about the ports..user id,password..etc.....i am sweating a liitle bit...I think i will mostly cancel the registration and goto Airtel broadband if they don't provide me with the connection before April 1.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
@ennonmai,
hmm... i registered on jan 25th and got it on feb. 12th . I was lucky, just because i live in chennai also their was a hell out connection in my area.

And i download almost 1GB a day and still not 662rs. bill only.

vwad

In the zone
this is sick limit of 1 GB.

I hate that !! :(:(:(:(

& dont expect any improvements from BSNL in this department, because they simply can not go beyond this.

This really sucks man !!

its like you have 256 kbps and 1 GB limit. It feels like Haath Ko Aaya Aur Muh Na Laga Saka !!

Total Phalatugiri from BSNL.

Saala in Pune area, in my area there is absolutely nobody providing broadband and also my cable op is another version of lousyness. :(

Prajith

Broken In
Hey Guys Listen up to this -
I got a download speed of 412 Kb/s on 256 Kb/s
dataone connection by BSNL.

This was while i was downloading a 34 MB file on shareaza.

I have taken a screenshot of the shareaza download graph showing a speed of 311 Kb/s
(I could not take a screenshot when it was 412 Kb/s.)

I guess this is a new record.

How to attach the jpeg screenshot ????????

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, I got my DataOne connection today. So, as drgrudge said, he doesnt have any problem with the connection and billing. Does anyone (especially in Bangalore would be great) else have a problem with excess billing for their DataOne connection. Because I've already downloaded around 450MB and I dont want to end up footing an 8k bill again :D If anyone else with a DataOne connection has downloaded more than 1GB limit and not gotten billed for it, I will continue downloading more stuff. Please do let me know.

@drgrudge: Thanks, buddy. You're a lifesaver. :D I hope I dont get billed excessively for all that I download. :D

Top Bottom