The best broadband offers available across India

suj_engico

Broken In
Does anyone know about the latest BSNL broadband scheme. Please let me kow guys as I am willing to take a broadband connection.
Which is the best sceme availaible? Please let me know

saiko

Right off the assembly line
in europe DSL (t-online, vodaphone)has become very popular, its very cheap and gives the fast (actual 256/512 Kbps :wink:) connection through a wireless modem, is it there in india?

trivisingh

Broken In
Anybody here use the Tata or Reliance wireless terminal internet. They got a unlimited scheme for 1500.

If anybody is using it, I have a query. The connection performs ok during normal browsing and downloading but isn't so good while using P2P softwares and torrent clients. Is there any reason for this? Also Tata only provides a serial cable but I have heard that you get a USB cable as well. will using a USB cable make any difference as the max speed supported is only 115 kbps which the serial port can handle.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I use TATA. Its good on common browsing and downloading, but have not tried P2P softwares or bittorrent.

The drawback with bittorrent is that you get the speed what the host (the person who has shared the file u r downloading) has restricted to and if he is on dialup, u can never get speeds better than 1.7kBps.
And also you should allow other bittorrent users to share your files. (atleast this what i have understood).

I dont use the bittorrent or the p2p softwares because there is always a possibility of downloading a wrong file i.e. you will downloading something you think is an iso image of some software only that it turns out to something else.

Charley

Just Do It
saiko said:
in europe DSL (t-online, vodaphone)has become very popular, its very cheap and gives the fast (actual 256/512 Kbps :wink:) connection through a wireless modem, is it there in india?

We're talking abt the connections in India.........

:eek: :eek: :eek:

hpotter606

Journeyman
I think BSNL has some problem.
i have 2 connections a BSNL and sify
ofcouse sify is much faster than BSNL
e.g. i was downloading a game (which took me 14 hours) first i used BSNL . I used fresh download manager in which i could see the how data was commingin . it was like a SINE wave just going up and down.
So i used sify which was like a DC wave in straight in line . even after 1 hr it was straight!!!
sify is just amazing !!!!

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Talking about download speeds this is the dl speed i got today from a dialup line and using a vsnl.net 3 year old account. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

*img141.exs.cx/img141/7784/dlspeed8qe.th.jpg

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hmm..... me also dun know how it happened but as u can see I was dl a song out here so that song finished dl in 2 mins. :) man I was happy and hey I wont bother if it wud continue givin me same speeds from now on.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
this burst of speed genrally happens if the data you download has been downloaded recently by someone and is cached at the local server of vsnl.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Even then Pradeep practially on a dialup even if you are not on the internet the speed which one can download is max 4-6kbps. Simply because that is that the copper wires provided will support. Its a practical improbability to get a 69 kbps download with a 56kbps connection!! It might be possible if the person was downloading the song b4 and got disconnected and downloaded again and hence it picked it up from the local cache.

Top Bottom