The best broadband offers available across India

pupudada

Broken In
Ashis said:
pupudada said:
Sigh, the free night usage is being shown in their portal but the same will not be charged for :)

PapuBhai......I use DataOne Bandwidth Usages Finder to calculate...
Does that mean.....Its Wrong Because It added all the dowload between (01:59:32--to--06:21:52) :?:

Please Tell Me......Or I will Pour Petrol & burn Myself infront of BSNL office :cry:

Ashis no need to do that. The calculation by the software seems not to have trapped and omitted the usage between 2am to 8am. They will not be charged for.. Can assure you the same.. Have got a taped recording of confirmation of the same from 16004241600 ;)

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Ashis said:
Hey man I am A Home 500 plan User.

But What I can See 2day is: :x

Speed 256 Kbps--2005/09/28 01:59:32--2005/09/28 06:21:52--268445 --04:22:20

Its Showing 262.153 MB Used During 01:59:32 to 06:21:52 :(

But I thought Night 2AM-8AM is Free ??? :cry:

I use DataOne Bandwidth Usages Finder to calculate My Usages & It shows:

*img375.imageshack.us/img375/9384/faultydataonebandwidthusagesfi.th.gif

Guys, Whats Going On :x

Actually check the exclude mixed time usage option ... since u have started the connection at 1:59:32, it is not 2 am...so it did not exclude it from the total usage....

pupudada

Broken In
[lokesh said:
]
Ashis said:
Hey man I am A Home 500 plan User.

But What I can See 2day is: :x

Speed 256 Kbps--2005/09/28 01:59:32--2005/09/28 06:21:52--268445 --04:22:20

Its Showing 262.153 MB Used During 01:59:32 to 06:21:52 :(

But I thought Night 2AM-8AM is Free ??? :cry:

I use DataOne Bandwidth Usages Finder to calculate My Usages & It shows:

*img375.imageshack.us/img375/9384/faultydataonebandwidthusagesfi.th.gif

Guys, Whats Going On :x

Actually check the exclude mixed time usage option ... since u have started the connection at 1:59:32, it is not 2 am...so it did not exclude it from the total usage....

No, even if one starts using after 2am and closing the connection before 8am, the portal will still show the usage during that period. When the bill is prepared, the usage between 2am to 8am (yes even if one logs in before 2am and logs off after 8am) will be discarded. I had a talk with the `Help Desk' of `BSNL' and the entire episode starting with the dialling of the number, the voice prompts to `Press 2 to contact Officer', including the talk with a lady who told me that the usage between 2am and 8am would not be calculated... have all been recorded by me :)

pupudada said:
neerajvohra said:
Just Shifted to sify for 256unlimited for 1095,and its worth,but a limit ......u can download 150mb in day time,after 10pm to 8am its unlimited......getting constant speed more tht wht they told.........

Any url of their website where I can see the rates please? TIA :)

here is the link to check the plans......having some awesome plans,before sify i was using w3c service,but was so much disconnection and problems tht i shifted to sify,i was paying 1100 for 128kbps unlimited,and now just 100 rs extra and 256kbps,so it is great for me......well i dont trust sify service till now,as one of my friend was using it and was dissatisfied,
still me trying my luck n shifted to sify,well three days and the speed is good,
*broadband.sify.com/showplan.php?id=18 link u want............

Ashis

In the zone
Thanks Guys,
But Aren't there any software that do a perfect calculation?
What Kind of Website R these BSNL people Running...That even doesnt calculate all aspects?

pupudada

Broken In
They are using a Chinese-designed website... check out the page-source for yourself. If you want to have more fun, try to get them chinese text translated into english online (google works fine) ROFL ;)

Retro

Journeyman
@ Neeraj, It's 1GB per month, the same that everyone else provides. Guys, after 24 pages, don't you think it's time to rate the ISP's based on
1) Schemes & Prices
2) Customer Care
3) Other Features

So, why don't you give your Top 7 and reasons too!
1) BSNL
2) Tata Indicom Broadband
3) Sify Broadband
4) Airtel Broadband
5) Iqara Broadband, Hathway (It's a tie)

Give your ratings and rantings here.

devil666

Broken In
Well even i'm using Sify Broadband 256kbps Night Unlimited connection for the past month. It seemed really good. The speeds are consistent, there were some odd disconnections due to rains and stuff. But otherwise it was quite good.

Retro

Journeyman
Sometimes Rains affect your service. There was this rain here and my LAN card stopped functioning and the technician said that it was due to the rain, and since the Modem was kept in the terrace. Services like BSNL keep their modem nearby and that's sometimes advantageous.

cancer10

ClubHost.in
ISP: Sify Broadband
City: new Delhi
Specific Areas:All India
Plan Name: 64 Kbps Family pack
Speed Offered: 8 KBPS
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 150 MB/day
Validity: 30 days
Price: 550
Comments: The most crappy broadband in the world.

godzi_85

In the zone
Retro said:
@ Neeraj, It's 1GB per month, the same that everyone else provides. Guys, after 24 pages, don't you think it's time to rate the ISP's based on
1) Schemes & Prices
2) Customer Care
3) Other Features

1) BSNL
3) Sify Broadband
4) Airtel Broadband

1) Mtnl triband - night plan .. 590 + 80(modem rent) ... 12-8 free :D... can do anywhere between 0-900 Mb in 8 hours :p :p ..
2) CC--- crappy....
the worst in the world... nah sorry.. there aint anything like mtnl CC:p
3) very good , stable conection.. zero downtimes :D..
to say about MTNL -- loll corrupt, and useless ppl :p

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
ISP: Hathway
City: Mumbai
Specific Areas:not sure
Plan Name: many different broadband plans available. dunno the name of mine as its not listed on their site (I think this one is only for current users to upgrade).
Speed Offered: 256 Kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): unlimited
Validity: n/a
Price: Rs 1200 p.m. inclusive of modem rent of 100 p.m. and service tax of 10.2%
Comments: Pretty cool plan cos i get the claimed speed more or less. I got a very high usage some GB's per month cos i download a lot. Being a unlimited download offer helps there. I have only had a downtime of 1 day in past 3 months of usage which is many times better than the old plan of shared connection where i had downtime of atleast 2 days p.m.. Would like to upgrade further if I get a better plan for 512 kbps unlimited for not too high a price.

godzi_85 said:
Retro said:
1) Schemes & Prices
2) Customer Care
3) Other Features

1) BSNL
3) Sify Broadband
4) Airtel Broadband

1) Mtnl triband - night plan .. 590 + 80(modem rent) ... 12-8 free :D... can do anywhere between 0-900 Mb in 8 hours :p :p ..
2) CC--- crappy....
the worst in the world... nah sorry.. there aint anything like mtnl CC:p
3) very good , stable conection.. zero downtimes :D..
to say about MTNL -- loll corrupt, and useless ppl :p

i think u had a bad experience with MTNL . I dont seem to be having such problems. Customer Care to say the least has vastly improved. My complaints if any(i faced problems twice since i got my connection) have been resolved with 15 - 20 minutes. I just call there helpdesk number i.e. 1504 and register the complain. I get a call back from the concerned exchange within 5 minutes max 10 and they would resolve the problem within 15 - 20 minutes.

Retro

Journeyman
Hmm...Though both MTNL and BSNL are run by the government, there is a big gap in their prices. BSNL is a lot cheaper. But I can't say much about MTNL as I don't live in Mumbai.

One More thing, BSNL CC seems to have improved. I mean, they are polite and their engineer's come at a good speed.

Retro

Journeyman
Hmm...Though both MTNL and BSNL are run by the government, there is a big gap in their prices. BSNL is a lot cheaper. But I can't say much about MTNL as I don't live in Mumbai.

One More thing, BSNL CC seems to have improved. I mean, they are polite and their engineer's come at a good speed.

godzi_85

In the zone
hmm ... i only called em up once when my triband wasnt working.. and they said they`d look into the matter and nothing happened for two days... that was the only downtime i had.. and well it seemed as if only i had a downtime.. so i gues there was a problem which mtnl could have fixed i think.. other then that i never really had to call them up anyways...
and well ya i hope the Cc has improved .. which is good news..

anyways nothing has gone wrong with mtnl triband as yet ... for me.. billing is ok, np with it.. downloadin speeds consistent.. so that is good news too :D..

i like triband for its stable connection.. and wouldnt go for anything less then this..

chitta

Right off the assembly line
ISP: Global Network Solutions
City: Mumbai
Specific Areas: Mulund
Plan Name: Plan 40
Speed Offered: 40 kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): Unlimited
Validity: 1 Month
Price: 193 per month
Comments: seriously usefull ! though plan is 40 kbps it is much more than that !! i downloaded itunes 6 in just half hr !!! :D

Retro

Journeyman
godzi_85 said:
hmm ... i only called em up once when my triband wasnt working.. and they said they`d look into the matter and nothing happened for two days... that was the only downtime i had.. and well it seemed as if only i had a downtime.. so i gues there was a problem which mtnl could have fixed i think.. other then that i never really had to call them up anyways...
and well ya i hope the Cc has improved .. which is good news..

anyways nothing has gone wrong with mtnl triband as yet ... for me.. billing is ok, np with it.. downloadin speeds consistent.. so that is good news too :D..

i like triband for its stable connection.. and wouldnt go for anything less then this..
Meh, I was talking about BSNL's CC. I don't know about Triband.

BTW, does anyone know of tools that measure the exact amount you've downloaded for any ISP and not just Dataone alone.

Top Bottom