The best broadband offers available across India

gaurav_018

Broken In
hi i am using the home 1000 plan from dataone. i thought i'd add my optimization data.

download cable nut.
use these settings
DefaultReceiveWindow = 49152
DefaultSendWindow = 16384
DisableAddressSharing = 1
InitialLargeBufferCount = 200
InitialMediumBufferCount = 480
InitialSmallBufferCount = 640
LargeBufferSize = 81920
MaxFastTransmit = 64000
MediumBufferSize = 15040
PriorityBoost = 0
SmallBufferSize = 1280
TransmitWorker = 32
FastSendDatagramThreshold = 1024
EnableFastRouteLookup = 1
EnablePMTUDiscovery = 1
IgnorePushBitOnReceives = 0
GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize = 8472
MaxFreeTcbs = 8000
MaxHashTableSize = 16384
MaxNormLookupMemory = 5000000
SackOpts = 1
SynAttackProtect = 1
Tcp1323Opts = 0 (set to 1 if TcpReceiveWindow is 65535 or higher)
TcpLogLevel = 1
TcpMaxDupAcks = 2
TcpMaxHalfOpen = 100
TcpMaxHalfOpenRetried = 80
TcpRecvSegmentSize = 1460
TcpSendSegmentSize = 1460
TcpTimedWaitDelay = 30
TcpUseRFC1122UrgentPointer = 0
TcpWindowSize = 8472
MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server = 20
MaxConnectionsPerServer = 10
DefaultTTL = 64
DisableUserTOSSetting = 0
TcpMaxDataRetransmissions = 6
DefaultTOSValue = 240
test you speed at *www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/.
i was getting around 202down and now getting 303 minimum and shoots up to 400+ at night.
also my mtu is a low MTU = 1452. now in xp you can change these values, but they don't affect the adsl router so, anybody any sugesstions?

Ashis

In the zone
Hey the DataOne plan 500 says it is Rs 500+Tax :-(

What is the tax man ? How much Tax Will I have to pay now ? :'(

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Check Airtel's new tarriff's. They have revised their rate plans. You now get a 256KBPS unlimited for 999. I just upgraded my plan ;)

chinmay

Journeyman
While I am posting this message, the Airtel guys are installing the phone line for the plan you mentioned above :p .. i should say it must be one of the best plans offered in India :lol:

gaurav_018

Broken In
hi i have 2 urgent strange problems. ive been to *10.240.16.195/, and have discovered.

1.my plan is home 1000 with a speed of 384, but the listing says speed@256.is this a typo? any of you guys have a home 1000 plan?

2. i noticed a bod test button. it said bod test1 and bod test2, when pressed my speed shoots up to 1mbps. now this by itself is not distressing but what is distressing are the fact that it is not mentioned what are the charges involved. anyone of you guys have any idea?

pupudada

Broken In
yes, i too have seen the same along with a 10M button (which btw does not work)... any details regarding the same would be highly appreciated :)

gaurav_018

Broken In
i spoke to the bsnl guy(i ilve in a small town, so believe it or not he knew me by the sound of my voice), he said that it doesn't work properly yet and theres no extra charge as of now.

by the way any of you having a home 1000+ or a buisness1200+ plan can tell me what speed the *10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp site tells you?

pupudada

Broken In
More feedbacks are needed... How many of you are using the same? The inputs will be greatly appreciated... As most of you will know that the VOD (video on demand) has been removed from the menu... Do hope to hear more feedbacks :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
help !
I cant see my records online, i get "Error on page" in IE and both Opera and FF dont even show that leave aone the site

I can login fine but when i clik service records nothing is shown :(

Like a dead link :(

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
hey !
the problem's been since 3 days,
i m using a tool to check my usage now (some old tool mentioned here long ago)

geekhead83

Broken In
Well, here's my experience with Iqara.

I live in Bandra West. I have Iqara as an ISP. Even the torrential rains last month, where half of mumbai was flooded till the first floor did not stop my internet connection. It didn't go down for a minute even! I have a 256 Kbps plan and i get between 30 to 35 (steady) KByte speeds.

Also, I think 500 MB per year is ridiculous, but for, say my in-laws, who use the Net very sparingly, checking mail once a week, and no surfing. This is an amazing plan. I also had a friend who went abroad for 7 months, and came back to still have his internet connection working... no bills, no disconnection, no reconnection charges, nothing!

So yes, though it is pointless for me and 99% of other people, at least Iqara is offerring that 1% minority an option of very low usage, long term scheme.

PS: Their helpdesk sucks, and the women there don't know a thing. Though I must confess to not have too many complaints thus far

I have downloaded about 100 GB in the last 5 months on my iqara connection, mainly software for the Digit DVDs and loads of game demos!

Though I do agree that it's about time people started offering unlimited 512 kbps connections for 24 hrs at reasonable prices.

Raaabo

Hey Raabo,

I too have an iqara connection. I stay in chembur. My connection is 64 kbps unlimited and 750 bucks per month. Isnt that a bit costly?
The speeds I get are great...i mean i constantly get around 6.5 kbps.
Are the other plans from Iqara good? How much do they charge you for unlimited 256kbps?

Regards,
Geek.

rakhunathan

Broken In
Got a bill for Rs.7000/- and odd.Immedietly surrendered my Dataone (BSNL) Home 500 . Moved over to Airtel 999 unlimited.Got it fixed in a day.It works great. I am sure it will give me peace of mind.Don't have to worry about limits.

Ashis

In the zone
Hey man I am A Home 500 plan User.

But What I can See 2day is: :x

Speed 256 Kbps--2005/09/28 01:59:32--2005/09/28 06:21:52--268445 --04:22:20

Its Showing 262.153 MB Used During 01:59:32 to 06:21:52 :(

But I thought Night 2AM-8AM is Free ??? :cry:

I use DataOne Bandwidth Usages Finder to calculate My Usages & It shows:

*img375.imageshack.us/img375/9384/faultydataonebandwidthusagesfi.th.gif

Guys, Whats Going On :x

Just Shifted to sify for 256unlimited for 1095,and its worth,but a limit ......u can download 150mb in day time,after 10pm to 8am its unlimited......getting constant speed more tht wht they told.........

pupudada

Broken In
neerajvohra said:
Just Shifted to sify for 256unlimited for 1095,and its worth,but a limit ......u can download 150mb in day time,after 10pm to 8am its unlimited......getting constant speed more tht wht they told.........

Any url of their website where I can see the rates please? TIA :)

Ashis

In the zone
pupudada said:
Sigh, the free night usage is being shown in their portal but the same will not be charged for :)

PapuBhai......I use DataOne Bandwidth Usages Finder to calculate...
Does that mean.....Its Wrong Because It added all the dowload between (01:59:32--to--06:21:52) :?:

Please Tell Me......Or I will Pour Petrol & burn Myself infront of BSNL office :cry:

Top Bottom