The best broadband offers available across India

aceman

Broken In
Sify night unlimited 256Kbbs is the best(In Chennai) I have tried in a long in a long,long time,Gives on average 20~21Kbbs, and in the morning go to office :lol: .

pupudada

Broken In
this is my first post and do not know how well it will be accepted by others. but this is how i summarize up the broadband scene in india..

`aaj bhi pakre hain hum umeed ki dori,
never have hope is the moral of the story!'

:cry:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
hmm, well it will surely take a lot of time for a broadband mass coverage at good rates coz we dont have enough junkyard geeks here neither good govt emps to think about it...

FasTrack

Journeyman
aceman said:
Sify night unlimited 256Kbbs is the best(In Chennai) I have tried in a long in a long,long time,Gives on average 20~21Kbbs, and in the morning go to office :lol: .

But i gotta bunk the college in the day :(

LoL :lol: :lol:

pupudada

Broken In
QwertyManiac said:
hmm, well it will surely take a lot of time for a broadband mass coverage at good rates coz we dont have enough junkyard geeks here neither good govt emps to think about it...

and what with `tata' and a few other players (2-3) who are holding the bandwidth and demanding insane rates. unless bsnl gets its own pipeline (yes they have to dig into their pockets with this one time investment) or reliance (did i say the taboo word) does for broadband, what it did for mobiles, happy days are yet far off :cry: pupudada

googleforum.in

Right off the assembly line
sify broadband

256 kbps

24hrs usage

150mb per day limit

price : 795 rs

night 10 - morning 8 unlimited bandwidth usage

location mumbai

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
googleforum.in said:
sify broadband

256 kbps

24hrs usage

150mb per day limit

price : 795 rs

night 10 - morning 8 unlimited bandwidth usage

location mumbai

how are the speeds?is it unli dwd from 10-8?and perday i can dwd 150 mb i.e from 9 am to 10 pm.how is the customer service? and are p2ps blocked r sumthing?

Retro

Journeyman
thegame_rulez said:
how are the speeds?is it unli dwd from 10-8?and perday i can dwd 150 mb i.e from 9 am to 10 pm.how is the customer service? and are p2ps blocked r sumthing?

Sify is not really that fast compared to others especially at 256kbps. If speed is your factor, then I would suggest going for Tata Indicom. They have decent schemes at good speeds or BSNL which offers speed upto 2mbps (buisness plans only).

BTW, I have a doubt. I was looking at *tataindicombroadband.in yesterday and what is the real price of their schemes. Is it the price mentioned first or the last one. ie, For 1st scheme is it Rs.375 or Rs.425?

Also, Can someone point out other Broadband ISP's in India
1) BSNL
2) Hathway
3) Sify Broadband
4) Tata Indicom
5) Airtel Broadband (Touchtel)
6) MTNL
7) Reliance Broadband

Which in your opinion is best and why? Also, is there any place where the tariff's of Reliance Broadband can be viewed?

~ Adios

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
ISP: Tata indicom VSNL
City: Madurai
Specific Areas:
Plan Name: infinity 64
Speed Offered: 64 (but i get 200-256kbps)
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): unlimited
Validity: na
Price: 882
Comments: the trick is to go for 375 plan..then after 1 month i changed to unlimited plan..they havent changed my speed..but it is still unlimited access..;-)

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
Retro said:
BTW, I have a doubt. I was looking at *tataindicombroadband.in yesterday and what is the real price of their schemes. Is it the price mentioned first or the last one. ie, For 1st scheme is it Rs.375 or Rs.425?

they have 2 branches of plan..
prepaid which is available in metros ( starter plan 425 pm)
postpaid available in all major cities(starter plan 375 pm)..but one the CSA told me that the plan has been scratched recently..check it out

chinmay

Journeyman
Well, I applied for a new connection today :)

ISP: Airtel Broadband
City: Gurgaon (New Delhi)
Plan Name: Home 999
Speed Offered: 256kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): Unlimited
Price: Rs. 999
Comments: Well, people in my area are getting around 400kbps speed from last three months. I'll post when it will be installed on Tuesday :p. I think it is real bang for buck

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
ISP: Hathway
Ciy: Goregaon, Mumbai
Plan Name: Freeway(yeah, right :|)
Speed: 256 kbps
Actual Speed: 50 kbps
Usage Limitation: Unlimited but they block everything.
Price: Rs 999
Comments: NEVER NEVER IN YOUR LIFE GO IN FOR HATHWAY :|

kato

Karthiksn
ISP: Dataone
City : Chennai
Time taken to recieve Connection: 1 month
Dowload speeds: Starts at 30kbps reaches 14kbps after some time
Plan : Liberty Plan(Same as the home plan with landline connection free)
Speed:256kbps(ha ha ha)
Downloads:1GB
Price:500
Comments:cant not gr8 for me does it purpose

pupudada

Broken In
ISP: BSNL
Ciy: Kolkata
Plan Name: 256kbps (Home)
Speed: 256 kbps
Actual Speed: 32-40kBps
Usage Limitation: 1GB datacap (free usage between 2am to 8am)
Price: Rs.600 (including Rs.100 for modem rental)
Comments: Mind-Blowing speeds.. Wish the Helpdesk ppl were more knowledgeable

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
ISP: Imran Bhai
City: Hyderabad
Plan Name: Miya Bhai
Speed: 50-60 Kbps Download (Nite 12-7 Am)
Actual Speed: 8 Kbps Download
Usage Limitation: Daily I download Nearly A Gb
Price: 500 Pm :D
Comments: Maaaku Khaon Mamuu :oops:

am not kiddin..its cos my isp is 5 months old having 6MB speed from some vendor...and no dedication but shared bandwidth so ;)

chinmay

Journeyman
Oh My Gosh .. how can an ISP be 'Imran Bhai' and the plan name be 'Miya Bhai'. Do you live in some underworld area or what. Hope you dont have you motherboard brand as 'Anna' and Processor of the brand 'Teja' :lol: :lol:

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
chinmay_d said:
Oh My Gosh .. how can an ISP be 'Imran Bhai' and the plan name be 'Miya Bhai'. Do you live in some underworld area or what. Hope you dont have you motherboard brand as 'Anna' and Processor of the brand 'Teja' :lol: :lol:

omg..rofl..nice one there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
lmfao hahahahahahahah @ Anna......

lol not in that sense....actually the isp owner is my childhood friend..lives opp to ma home and ya they have bakra, respected, bla bla categoried users so miya bhai is one of them :D

Top Bottom