The best broadband offers available across India

prasathvishnu

Broken In
U r all lucky....
Being in a city got ur Data One very quickly n enjoying.

My place is a small town near coimbatore.
My place is listed in BSNL for Broadband in online Registraion forum.
I registered as soon as the Data One scheme was announced. I thought that i will get by Feb or March.

But the officials said the realistic answer that it will take 4 or even 6 months for Broadband to come to small towns.

LOL the unlimited scheme ends June 2005.
Then, why should they provide online registration forum. 4-6 months is too much i think.

:(

-Vishnu-

wORm

Journeyman
Ok so as predicted, launch of BSNL/MTNL broadband is now resulting in slashing of prices on private ISPs.

Exatt, an ISP in Mumbai is the first one to slash rates. Their 256k "proper broadband plan" looks delicious, I'm going to upgrade from my 128k to 256k soon and am actually going to pay 200 rupees less than what I pay now (Rs. 1200 p.m. - 128k, unlimited bandwidth)

ISP: Exatt
City: Mumbai
Specific Areas: Bandra, Andheri, Chembur, Vashi and many other places.
Plan Name: 256k CLUB UNLIMITED
Speed Offered: 256 kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): None
Validity: 1 Month
Price: Rs. 720 (my cableguy who is a franchisee of Exatt is giving me the same package after charging commission for Rs. 990)
Comments: Have been an Exatt user for almost 2 years. Good speed, hardly any downtime.

Exatt's full listing of packages on offer: *www.exatt.net/schemes.htm

mamba

In the zone
what the ****

sify ppl dont cease 2 amaze , do they

yesterday i got a call that i could daily download/upload only 150mb on my 96 kbps " UNLIMITED " pack :shock: :shock: :shock:

votz the " UNLIMITED " STANDS 4 :?: :?: :?:

SIFYZ PURE ****

prasathvishnu

Broken In
I have planned to go for Airtel Net. Bcoz it will take at least 4 months for DataOne to reach small towns like our places.

Plz give details about Airtel Net thru Cell (i think GPRS)

I heard that its giving 128 Kbps Unlimited Downloads for Rs. 600/

Wats the real Perfomance? Wats the maximum download speed one can expect?

Does the download speed depends the cell phone being used?

Which is the good cell phone to get good download spped in this Airtel Net.

What other things do I need for this other than PC and cell?

Plz help me!

Thank you.

-Vishnu-

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
DATAONE , Chennai users : whats the waiting period for chennai users to get the actual connection after registration to DATAONE ? is it city viz or area viz priority / waiting list ?

BSNL GPRS : odd , was discussing gprs service from airtel with a friend and he said even bsnl is offering gprs service for around Rs.349 per month unlimited as opposed to airtels Rs.600 . anyone using using bsnl's gprs service ?

few qs :
- why is gprs so cheap for unlimited ?
- the modem for using Dataone , is it available in the market too by any branded company ? if so cost
- can i reuse the bsnl D1 modem for any other ISP , if i decide to switch from D1 ?

*www.bsnl.in/bsnlnews.asp?intNewsId=42509&strNewsMore=more

Charley

Just Do It
Do any of'all BSNL dudes have any firewall or such software installed in ur system.... I'm talking abt those who use the modem 2 connect directly 2 internet not any 3rd party softwares.....

:wink: :wink:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
klinux said:
DATAONE , Chennai users : whats the waiting period for chennai users to get the actual connection after registration to DATAONE ? is it city viz or area viz priority / waiting list ?
Hmm, i just waited for 20 days before i got my connection...
I applied (online) at around 20th jan and got after 20days.
I guess they are shortlisting the people be giving in..., i live in the heart of the city..., so may be i got early...
Where u live?

klinux said:
the modem for using Dataone , is it available in the market too by any branded company ? if so cost
Yes, it is available at ritche street...but it is costly around 2.5k, bsnl gives for 2k.
Why do u want to buy, u can ditch it if u dont like the service...

klinux said:
can i reuse the bsnl D1 modem for any other ISP , if i decide to switch from D1 ?
no, i guess
Airtel uses USB modem
Hathway uses cable USB thing
sify is also Cable

Only dataone is via ethernet card, almost like he is putting us all in local LAN (or WAN to be appropriate), so we are getting high speeds.
Now i am connected at 310kbps :twisted:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The BSNL modem has a powerfull inbuilt firewall use it and all other software firewalls are redundant. I personaly use two firewalls one is in the bsnl modem and the second is in my linux box configured as a router / firewall / hub using iptables and a front end of guard dog on gentoo.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanx Doc , send me the bill ;) . Ok so its now down to Bsnl D1 or GPRS or Airtel GPRS . any idea on which GPRS service is good in chennai .

drgrudge

klinux said:
Thanx Doc , send me the bill ;) . Ok so its now down to Bsnl D1 or GPRS or Airtel GPRS . any idea on which GPRS service is good in chennai .
Hmm.., why u want to go for gprs, when dataone is cheap?
And get Airtel Gprs, hutch sucks, if u want to get gprs only...
What connection u have now?

@pradeep_chauhan, r u sure it has firewall in it? How to check it...

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
drgrudge said:
Hmm.., why u want to go for gprs, when dataone is cheap?And get Airtel Gprs, hutch sucks, if u want to get gprs only...What connection u have now?

Got bsnl / aircell prepaid . BSNL GPRS comes to around Rs.349 for unlimited , while D1 has that 1 GB limit . My download exceeds 1 GB even with dial up :) . plus dialing more than twice to get online with bsnl is a headache .

Plus whats a good cell for GPRS ?? i checked dig old issue with ambani guy on it . Sony Ericson had a good one T230 . any good ?? which one is good for GPRS ??

drgrudge

@klinux, remember that with GPRS, u get only 32kbps speeds and with D1, u get more than 256kbps and also no capping till july...

Get nokia 6610, its good. Rs. 6k or so. If u want a mob even lesser, go for 3100/3120.

My opinion:6610

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
6610 just 6k ??? u sure ?????? man was checking prices with novembers digit . prices changed so quick ?????lol will have to check out Univercell . any site i can get latest chennai prices for cell ? plus another q : will i still receive missed calls and sms while connecting thru net with GPRS or does it work like b-fone ? . me not much into cell talk , so need some info :)

drgrudge

Klinux, univercell sucks! Buy at other place....

Yes, it costs around 6k or 6.5k only. With Cam (6610i) it costs 8k.
Forget that november issue, it has the prices which are too high..., nokia priority prices...

And remember, dont buy at univercell, they charge u more becoz of ads.

Top Bottom