The best broadband offers available across India

Charley

Just Do It
Theres a new 1 tday.... Airtel offers 256 kpbs for 319rs, lesser regitrn charges than BSNL....... Wht r they upto ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
wat about the download limit?? n moreover i think u need a EDGE enabled phone to get gud download speeds... :D so id still vote 4 BSNL data ONE!!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
huh ? the rate plan that he mentioned is for the airtel boradband one. So where doe the Edge phone come into the picture ????!!

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Guys BSNL Broad Band Help line SUCKS Big time My Data one is not working today (getting an error about server authentication) So i rang up BSNL Help line six times and all they had to offer in terms of tecnical assistance was " Sir, Please turn off the adsl modem and your computer and switch it on again"
realy the frustration i have to put up with is realy great. I am back to dial up for this post.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Man pradeep just open up any media player, like foobar/winamp play soem music then pause/keep playing it , then connect to dataone and see the difference!

mamba

In the zone
bharathbala2003 said:
wat about the download limit?? n moreover i think u need a EDGE enabled phone to get gud download speeds... :D so id still vote 4 BSNL data ONE!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
the airtel 1z an adsl sortta connection , not through ur cell

mamba

In the zone
demoninside said:
Hey Guys i hv two options in front of me

Either i go with Data-One which is starting in my city from 15th march
or go with sify
128 kbps night only unlimited
is there any catch in sify or is it realy unlimited
any user hv suggestions is more then welcome

have had sify 96kbps unlimited 4 2 weeks now n 2 tell u , IT SUX
1st i had 2 call 2-3 times a day 2 their delhi centre , 2 tell them 2 open ports 2 b used in p2p softwares
now i called up the helpline sayin that after 60-70mb downloadz everyday , my dl speed drops down frm 12 kbps 2 max 3-4kbps . n they say ur ' UNLIMITED ' connection is sortta shared 1 n if u want consistent speeds , go in 4 data transfer packages . no vot , this is ****

now they have started somethin called mac binding , in which u can access the net only through ur current LAN card , if u got an ew rig , either use the same ethernet 1 or give them some application 4 changin . they never ceazes 2 surprise do they .

4 the record after the 2months r over , m not goin 4 a new sify 1
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
achacko@dataone.in said:
dude i suppose its 1.5ghz.... I'm not sure just glanced the days paper...

:)

u mean GB!! :D

@mamba n icecoolz.. sorry about that i dint know they were having broadband type.. i tout they come under the brandname touchtel.. :D n airtel was fully into mobile service..

anyways for detailed tariff click here only 2 plans with 64 KBPS at 600/- and 128 at 900/- is unlimited..

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I'm totally smitten with Airtel's adverts. It looks too good to be true, especially 128kbps connections at 999 a month and no download caps. Does anyone here have an Airtel ADSL line? I'm pretty skeptical about DataOne, I thought I'd register after checking out how good the service actually is.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@ enoomai.. in blore there is a better one than that from zee next.. 128 K at 800.. unlimited m8!! :D am using 64K for 500.. and dude its givin 6-8 KB a sec in P2P and normal windows download gives bout 8 KB..

Charley

Just Do It
sorry, its GB...... And i have 3 cordless phones in the room ant the bsnl 1 too, when the modem is on the line has this bussing noise, when its off there is no noiise.... i chckd all the nodes, etc but still d same... Is it a cause 4 slower speed... I get 22kpbs now 4, 256plan bsnl......

:( :( :( :( :(

pkhajanchi

Right off the assembly line
BSNL Broadband Internet Connection

I am interested in BSNL Broadband Internet Connection (New Home 256kbps plan). I have checked the connection at my friends place and the download speed I found was around 30KBps :) on the same plan (256kbps home).
I wanted to know if this connection can be shared using Windows XP ICS or I have to opt for the Business plan for sharing the internet connection with my other PCs.
Please Help and tell ur experience?
Thanks in advance.

drgrudge

the sound should not come man, then speeds will be slow.

Another query: Do the net connection gets DC when u get a call?

Charley

Just Do It
drgrudge said:
the sound should not come man, then speeds will be slow.

Another query: Do the net connection gets DC when u get a call?

wht shud be done then........ i dont get disconct when a call comes.........

:( :( :( :( :( :(

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Take a ferite bead/ring and loop your cordless base station phone line four to five times through it it will cut out the buzz. I did the same for my sony cordless and no problems since then.

Charley

Just Do It
Dude, cant understand that ...... Explain me the procedure ........ Ive to get that repaired soon .......

:) :) :) :)

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Guys check this out I am getting a speed of 500Kbps (download of 60K sustained) for the past three days on a data one home connection. I checked it using *promos.mcafee.com/speedometer/test_0150.asp
i wonder how.

drgrudge

LOL, pradeep :
When i tested, it showed:
File Size: 150.005 KB
Time Elapsed: 1.482 seconds
809.76 Kbps
(101.22 KBps)

And the URL i noticed is same, when i tested, so when some other member use it changes to their speed...

I am sure the bandwidth is more than 256kbps, once i checked at c.net it showed 450+kbps and FF bandwith tester shows 400 always..., i wonder how...

Top Bottom