The best broadband offers available across India

babumuchhala

In the zone
Well sify today launched 128 kbps fr Rs 995(Rs 500 fr Mumbai) but heres the catch and i quote frm the site:
Sify Broadband said:
Further, this product will also help to cater to the needs of the Small Office Home Office (SOHO) segment and even some of the SMEs. However, this product CANNOT BE USED BY CYBERCAFES. If the usage exceeds 150 MB in a day, then a validity reduction of one day will be made per 150 MB of extra usage in that day.
And the other package is night plan (usage 9pm - 9 am) fr Rs 650.
Link: *www.sifybroadband.com/newul_pack.htm

Well sify has also started USER ID - IP ADDRESS- MAC ID BINDING. Any way to override this thing bcos every Sundays i use my cousins id(Sunday free fr hourly users) which gives 64kbps dedicated compared to my 40 kbps shared
Link: *broadband.sify.com/bb_security.html

Delpiero

Journeyman
Can anyone tell what is the disconnection rate of tata broadband and hathway? . Sify gets disconnected a lot of times. Also tell me which is better in terms of speeds and reliability , tata or hathway.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
enoonmai said:
drgrudge said:
Hmm, i get 31-34kbps with BSNL dataone

Wow, you got a DataOne connection? I didn't know they had already started setting up connections. They contacted you or did you have to hound the Customer Service Cell? Are there port restrictions on the connection?
Hmm, i guess only chennai users (and maybe b'lore) ppl get connection.

I dint hound the customer service , they just called me up and asked me to fill the form and pay money and after 4 days , i got my connection.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
drgrudge said:
Hmm, i guess only chennai users (and maybe b'lore) ppl get connection.

Hmm, I live in Bangalore and I've been hounding the Customer Service Cells for my connection to no avail. Maybe its area-specific, like how DIAS was and they're planning to rollout in different areas at different times. But how about the connection itself? Are there port restrictions?

babumuchhala said:
USER ID - IP ADDRESS- MAC ID BINDING. Any way to override this thing
There is absolutely no way around a MAC binding as its probably entered in the router's ACL and set to deny access from any other MAC address. It's crap, but that's the way most ISPs (the LAN based ones) are migrating to avoid freeloading and in some cases, using multiple computers to share a single connection at home (although this can be easily bypassed with a proxy/NAT)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
enoonmai said:
But how about the connection itself? Are there port restrictions?
Yes the connection is good and sometimes it gets DC, but even then thats less than wht i used to have with my dial up...

There are no restriction as of now...

iinfi

mekalodu
reliance broadband connection

any homeuser has reliance broadband connection ??

plz tell us ur experience ..... speed , customer service ,
is the billing system OK??

mamba

In the zone
enoonmai said:
mamba said:
(sify) have blocked some of the ports , due 2 which m not able 2 use ne p2p service...

It looks like they dont have a standard policy for security and they just leave it to the individual admins to figure it out. I run Sify Broadband (?) too (was forced to upgrade actually) but once I did, I couldn't play HL2 or any other Steam game. An Nmap run pretty much confirmed that every port on the server with the exception of 25 and 80 were closed. I wrote to them and spoke to them, but its been over two months now. Customer service isnt really their forte.

BTW, has anyone gotten the ADSL connections from Airtel?

mines solved now ( atleast 4 the moment :lol: :lol: :lol: )
been a week with sify n they have enabled all the ports i wanted them 2 , n m ore , the admin said said that given kinnda ' full access ' . m content 4 the moment .
downloadin stuff :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ankit

Journeyman
wel i think now sify is best option...even with 150 mb daily monthly usage can go as high as 4.5 gb....for 500 rs. this is not bad at alll.........

babumuchhala

In the zone
But generally we dont have a daily usage of 150 MB its like on some days of the week ur data usage goes through the sky. Fr me its weekends when all downloads are in full swing. They should probably relax data limit after 10 PM and on Sundays. This would be really usefull fr Home users

iinfi

mekalodu
has MTNL started its broad band operations in all exchanges of mumbai ..
when i called 1500 their toll free no they didnt have a clue of what was going on .... :-(

reliance says it wud giv 10GB data transfer .... but they have not started operations in my area .....

we have an MTNL Base Station Transmitter atop our building ..... does MTNL offer internet services to people living in the building where their BST is installed ?? any idea ??

bharathbala2003

why need title?
guys.. my frnd down in chennai says there is sum scheme in DATA one.. that has 256K unlimited connect. for 500.. wit 2000 deposit.. i dunno if its real.. can any1 there tell if its true.. i know its unlimited till june or sumthin.. but my frnd says its always... :?

Charley

Just Do It
Dont go in for BSNL dataone, its really lousy and slow...... They offered 256kpbs as min but the spoeed is actually ver less......

bharathbala2003

why need title?
can ny1 temme if wat i heard is true?? plz chacko dont tell data one aint good.. mayb not gud 2 u.. many in here say its rockin..

Charley

Just Do It
Dude, I've taken the connecition on Jan 20 right away and since the day 1 till tday i havent recvd speed above 25kpobs, its always been like that. It gets disconnected freqntly..... I got mine fixed an hour ago....

Soem might get it faster cos of the geograpohic loctions.....

Anyway dude tell me whether the monthly rental biling has started?

:roll:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Whats "25kpobs" ? Never heard this before. If you are bangalore come to my place and i will show you a speed of 256K (coffee included) and a down load of 32 KB. My address details are at my web site.

infernus

Broken In
@Bharathbala2003
As you know it the unlimited connect is till June only(To encourage more people to take Dataone)@ 256kbps for Rs 500 . The Rs 2000 deposit is for the modem, i think. I dont think there is any unlimited connection from Dataone yet.

Charley

Just Do It
pradeep_chauhan said:
Whats "25kpobs" ? Never heard this before. If you are bangalore come to my place and i will show you a speed of 256K (coffee included) and a down load of 32 KB. My address details are at my web site.

Dude, let me clarify that it 256kpbs which means per sec 256 kb is transf, isnt it...... But then why even between 20-25 what i get a file of 1 mb takes abt 3-4 mins to downlaod..... shouldnt it donwload within 4 secs.....

Lemme know

:)

infernus

Broken In
Ahh, there is your mistake. 256kbps doesnt meant you get a download speed of 256kbps. Download speed on a 256kbps connection is about 25-32kbps.

Top Bottom