Terminator 4: Salvation Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I saw this movie with a bunch of friends at Inox Theater today. Must say its a rather "different" experience.

Awesome sound effects and almost totally full of machines and bombings.

But I feel this movie borrows a LOT from the older movies, including the freezing molten metal part from Terminator 2, a cameo from an arnold look-alike (or was it arnie himself ?) as a villan, him attacking the hero in the nude, etc. And a lot reminds me of The Matrix Part III.

I would give it a rating of 6.5/10 mainly because it atleast manages to deliver decent performance even though most of the stuff is recycled.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Gautham
@Others ***Spoiler Alert***
Roland Kickinger as the T-800 Model 101: The first Terminator covered in living human tissue built as Skynet's newest weapon for the extermination of humankind. Arnold Schwarzenegger's facial likeness was utilized via CGI, with a mold of his face made in 1984 scanned to create the digital makeup.[29] Fellow Austrian bodybuilder and actor Kickinger, who previously portrayed Schwarzenegger in the 2005 biographical film See Arnold Run, was his physical double on set. When asked about his role, Kickinger said it's "Arnold's character in the first Terminator. That's basically my role, but 20 years before, so it establishes how the Terminator came about.

Wiki

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
The Move is good! Can't necessarily say must watch but then if you are Terminator series fan i dont see why not !
The movie has superb action and we know its Micheal Bay movie as soon as we are into half hour into movie.Though few of the scenes ,especially new terminators reminds one so much of transformers movie.One could in one particular scene enter the theater hall and easily confuse this to the the Transformers movie.But full marks to the animators.
The Graphics were awesome as has to be expected from any terminator movie.Yes the Arnie scene was rendered animation but it does takes an effort to make out if he was real, as can be seen from the previous post.So full marks there.
The story manages to just hold on and it does connects to the previous part,enough to make sense out of the movie.But then thats it.The story line i felt particularly could have been more explicit. Or was it that i was lost into the action scenes so much.

I suggest you watch it because you will want to be part of the discussion taking place in your town certainly for next few week.At least till Harry Potter hits the theaters !

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The movie has superb action and we know its Micheal Bay movie as soon as we are into half hour into movie.
Did we watch the same movie? :neutral:

Because as far as I remember, McG was the director & Michael Bay isn't even remotely connected to this movie. :wink:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
True, when I saw that movie T4, I felt like it had no direction in story. Some action scenes here and there won't make a movie a hit movie.

I want James Cameron to direct Terminator movies and not these mindless loonies!!!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
BTW - transformer Revenge of the fallen is full of ROBOTICS - last night i saw in the online with some scenes the movie is taking very fast & some adventures , The whole movie is Connected to TERMINATOR salvation !! except Optimus Prime :lol:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
It will be very hard, if not impossible, to trump a movie like T2. It was a milestone in action sci-fi.

Does anyone here know that the special effects of T2 were done with an Amiga computer with a 25 MHz CPU? (I mentioned this a long time ago in a discussion of classic computers and OSes).

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
I saw it on 26th...an excellent movie after a long time.....story was good,action was amazing, Terminator was superb and suspenseful....i think people didn't like it because of its grey&white theme......but post Nuclear holocaust world wont be colorful.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Have you seen T2. The Sarah's dream sequence....that's how it should be done....not grey!!
That was just for a brief moment. It just shows the part when nuclear explosion takes place. At that point, it's bound to have that yellow/golden tint. If you have seen the intro sequence in T2, that would given you an idea how Cameron wanted the actual night look to be sported. Cameron has never shown the daytime colour being rendered for the post-nuclear area. So McG picked his own effect.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Opps i meant McG instead of Micheal bay movie.Sorry.

Micheal bay infact made huge fun and scarcasm of terminator salvation.
Micheal Bay
“Okay it’s time to turn up the heat on Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen. We’ve waited low in the weeds letting all the summer movies get their stuff out. We’ve seen the great year end movies, and watched the upcoming clips of the upcoming summer fare. We’ve seen certain movies coming out even try to duplicate Transformer size robots in their ads. Please, come on.

Well, I promise you we will rock your world with Transformers 2. The fans wanted ROBOTS KICKING ASS - well we got it. Today we are releasing the teaser poster and soon the onslaught will continue with a steady drum beat until June 26th.

I’ll keep you informed.

Bay”
SOURCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom