Television --> Just a wastage of time.

Is TV a waste of time and is PC (internet, watching movies on it, gaming, etc)better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Back some time.... TV used to be one hell of a passtime and sometimes even addiction. I used to watch TV for 4-5hrs. but now, I just find it boring and dull with sooo many ads that I hardly watch half an hour and that too while lunch or dinner. The only shows worth watching are sports matches and Discovery/Animal Planet/National Geographic/History Channel shows and some movies. Otherwise 99% is BS. That serials are a real nuisance. Every serial has almost the same plot with lots of tears lolz. Movies cant be watched coz there is soo much ads. If I sit to have dinner and ads start, they will last till I am done with food :shocked:. Coming to reallity shows.... whats real in them ? Half of that is made up script. Talent Search shows..... sooooooo many talent search shows that you can hardly remember their names leave the participants'. So what do you guys say ? Is TV a waste of time now ? I say yes and strogly beleive that internet and watching movies on PC is much better pass time (not counting gaming as its my passion and most prolly my working feild when I grow up). But for some, gaming can too be a great pass time.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Completely agree.
Although the TV viewers may regard Gaming and Surfing the net as utter time pass(Or rather Time wastage) ... But we Digitians dont agree ...
In News also .. Only English news channels show something worth a watch .
Never ever see any Hindi news channel.(As u wil know other things other than actual news).
As technology/PC/Internet is our binding force.

So no use of Poll I think.Nearly everyone is gonna vote for PC :twisted:

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
News ? What News ? Aaj Tak shows more controversy and India TV.... well, do I have to say anything about this amazing channel :lol:

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Worst Hindi News Channel : India TV is proud Winner.

Its full of Sting Operations and Faltu news.Aaj Tak n STAR News not far behind.
BTW NDTV 24*7 is good.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Yup.

India TV's most common news :-

1) Ghost spotted [enter a location]
2) Aliens have built a base at [enter location]
3) Ghost captured in a camera for the first time (trust me, I have seen this first time for almost 20 times :D)
4) [enter name of animal] is living since [enter a biiiiiiiig number]
5) World is gonna end at [enter random typo date]

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
^^
For some people you may be talking non sense.... Television is better than wasting time on your pc. Sometimes the ads you get on tv are useful....
I would find it useless to create such threads cause no one can judge people about their thoughts for tv

Sansani!Chain se sona hai toh jaag jao!What BULL SH!T?Is a news channel supposed to show such crap?
I watch only cricket matches and some movies(some means very few,otherwise RS zindabad) on TV.Actually I get to watch more ads than the movie itself.Cartoon network has now been bombarded with idiotic cartoons,cheapo chinese ones.
There used to be a time when I used to come from school,switch on the TV and do nothing but watch TV for hours,2-4 hours!This was till I was 11-12 years old.After that all the channels ,cartoon channels which I mostly used to watch got crapped out and I switched to gaming which was and is much more pleasurable than what we get to watch on TV.
Final word-TV is just an utter wastage of time,velle logon ke kaam hain.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well i watch TV but just a limited number of channels, Discovery,NatGeo,History and all English flick channels. For news I prefer BBC and CNN and for National I randomly select between the three, Star, AajTak and Zee.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
yes surely...

look at the tv now...

they are a peice os sh%t.... except discovery / national geo etc... but even in dicsovery channel they are started to put those sh&t teleshopping thing and have made worst...

Pathik

Google Bot
I don't watch TV at all these days. Sometimes I get a peek at Times Now and CNBC and some Sarabhai vs Sarabhai reruns during dinner, but that's all.

It completely sucks these days,

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Yup. I only watch Future Weapons. Sometimes I catch up with GamerTV (they hardly air it regularly now) on TenSports or Game on ESPN (same case as GamerTV).

kumarmohit

Technomancer
The thing is that choice on PC with high speed internet is much wider than you can ever get on TV. With I have control of what i want to watch and when, something TV can not do, not yet in India atleast.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
TV is dead for me, internet = programs I want to see + at the time I want to see + in HD +no ads + news I like to read + more choices.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well the only thing that glues me to TV screen is "The Simpsons" which is hardly aired on Star World now. have to rely on Hulu.com and torrents for that.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Indian TV channel sucks man specially news channels some times i saw indian idol type singing program.I love my PC and net connection

i download my serial like

1-Heroes
2-Supernatural
3-Moonlight
4-Torchwood
5-Knight Rider
6-True Blood
7-Sanctuary
8-Doctor who

heroes & supernatural one the best sci-fi serials which i saw

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ditched TV since my PC came along. Earlier used to be addicted to it. Couldn't live without HBO & Star Movies. The only time when switch TV on is to watch my Divx movies or TV series from my DVD player (hate watching them on my PC).

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
News channels : all biased and total crap .... who wants to hear about some cricket players hair style change when there are other fellow indians are suffering from poverty !!!! News channels are total craps...

Regional Channels : Full of Sh&tty serials , which where neither created to get over by the year end nor created to send any useful message ....
and now the game shows and other things , which used have been based on G.K question , instead they are based on Cinema , Cinema , Cinema ...... What a D%ck Head !!!

Movie Channels: Watch closer , you will see the same movies repeated plenty of times.

Music Channel : just tell me when was the last time you saw a full song on MTV ??? i only see ADs and along with that we have pre planned Roadies show and other nonsense , when they should have been like VH music channel !!!!
V TV is more horrible ... , actually both Suck!!!!

Religious Channel : Should be banned !!!! makes people more ignorant !!! Should be Banned !!

this leaves with sports and educational channels... which are the ones which makes me atleast sit before the tv ... and watch .... not all programs are good... but atleast they are boredom killer...

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
excellent thread.
i have totally agreed with them.
i want this thread must be alive ever.
not only television, most of daily news papers and monthly magazines are also completely useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom