Television --> Just a wastage of time.

Is TV a waste of time and is PC (internet, watching movies on it, gaming, etc)better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
You won't. Obviously ! You shall With Time. :)

I don't expect 14yr old kid to understand. May be by 15-16 you should open your eyes. Don't be late, otherwise then competition will kill you. Your chances/probability for that dream life of yours will only decrease unless you change radically.

Everyone else who does not go by your thinking is not an idiot. Being carrier oriented has nothing to do with playing computer games. when i was in IIT coaching classes, the top ranker of my batch used to play games in a video game parlour, he is now earning more than many people can dream at a very young age.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
TV is dead. I am all for IPTV now....the only things I find worth watching on TV are shows like House & Heroes.

R2K

In the Zone
^^Yup. I only watch Future Weapons. Sometimes I catch up with GamerTV (they hardly air it regularly now) on TenSports or Game on ESPN (same case as GamerTV).

i heard abt gamer TV............actually when are they aired ...........i mean day and time

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Everyone else who does not go by your thinking is not an idiot. Being carrier oriented has nothing to do with playing computer games. when i was in IIT coaching classes, the top ranker of my batch used to play games in a video game parlour, he is now earning more than many people can dream at a very young age.
+1
Life's meant to be enjoyed, akshay. You're taking it far too seriously. Perhaps you need to switch careers or take a sabbatical to look at life from a different perspective.

chooza

Journeyman
SOme channels on TV are very useful, such as Discovery,History.It depends on you what you want to see on any media. Both are equal.

spidy333

Broken In
+1
Life's meant to be enjoyed, akshay. You're taking it far too seriously. Perhaps you need to switch careers or take a sabbatical to look at life from a different perspective.
+1
Hey common akshay, I've been listening to this crap from my 5th standard.. that life is a game you have to play it and win it blah blah.. I agree that it is a game but fair way of playing it is not taking it too seriously..

Games may suck for you.. but when your kid (if you are that old) asks which is the coolest game in the current market or whether you have played Halo or not.. You might wanna know some at least now...

Enough bashing and coming to discussion... Even after Comp/Internet provides me everything I need.. TV is the classic way of entertaining.. Star World is there for some sitcoms/action serials.. Disney is there to remind you of your school memories with its kiddy serials (believe me they are way too entertaining.. atleast for me).. and ofcourse cricket is there... occasional movies.. The thrill in waiting for next episode of any show atleast for one day and makin it at right time is great which is not present in Comp/Internet.. Both have thier advantages but TV is a winner for me in terms of entertainment but I cant imagine my life without Comp/Internet.

Last edited:

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
Me being a career/success oriented guy, games suck for me, big time waste in a make believe world. According to me then you Suck. Go die loser. Time to grow kid.
!

I made my career out of gaming and getting handsome money for it...Of course u don't need to be gaming freak for it

And also in this period of recession where other companies are giving pink slips out to their employees...my company is giving appraisals and incentives..just because the gaming world is not that affected by the recession..

amitash

Intel OCer
I dont really care either way...I prefer PC but for time pass i either chose gaming or TV...whatever im in the mood for.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Yeah Sarabhai vs Sarabhai is good.Some nice sophisticated high class comedy:D

+1 from me, I like that show too, and well although most of my time goes on comp but still i wont packup the idiot box.

Lets say about cricket match i can keep the scores update on comp but it can't beat the experience of watching it on a tv.

(I dont have a high speed connection so live streaming is out of question if you are wondering)

kanishka

In the books..Studying
I made my career out of gaming and getting handsome money for it...Of course u don't need to be gaming freak for it

And also in this period of recession where other companies are giving pink slips out to their employees...my company is giving appraisals and incentives..just because the gaming world is not that affected by the recession..

Hey,

its nice to see some person related to game as career...Please could you tell me how can i become game developer??I mean which course should I in for??

@akshay

You are right dude...Person must take life seriously..Games are just for entertainment...One has to be in real world and take care about it....

@topic

TV and Computer are 2 different..And ofcourse TV is much more entertaining then Computer for watching shows...Although I am living alone and preparing for JEE so i really foot watch TV nor do I get time for computers...

harish619

Journeyman
I love foreign channel series like

Top gear
Prison break,etc

but mostly i watch them in my comp but some times if i download a HD movie I watch it on my TV by HDMI...

so practicaly i use it only for the live sports and some times great shows on Discovery or travel and living

cyber

my name defines me
well anything done in excess is bad.i think tv too comes in the same category.it can be watched to a limit.i prefer tv over internet.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Yup it does for the most part as it is not "tuned in" to ones specific needs, so in that respect apart from watching live sports I don't watch TV... in fact I haven't watched TV for anything other than watching live sports after 2002, when I went to IIT and after that PCs have been my major live entertainer.... Books were always important to me but to tell the truth, the number of books I read per month has decreased a lot after I got "addicted" to PC based entertainment: PC games, movies, music, recorded TV shows, recorded documentaries, internet based entertainment.. etc etc etc....

As far the recorded TV shows go, I currently watch House, Lost, Supernatural, and 24. Heroes only appealed to me in its first season when it was really awesome but after that it became another load of crap. In fact, the only thing that can "force" me to watch TV apart from live sports is House/Supernatural and Nat Geo/Animal Planet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom