TDF Upgraded - Post bugs here please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am facing a bug since morning today. While browsing any thread, whenever I try to navigate away from the thread (like closing the tab, trying to subscribe), I am being confirmed, "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved."
I noticed that I am not facing this issue with Chromium.

Can others replicate this problem?

Screenshot:
*i6.minus.com/iDILXiVK991DI.JPG

Update: I noticed the Quick reply automatically gets filled by some something[ /URL] kind of thing in firefox.
And because of that text I get that a confirmation when I try to leave the page. This doesn't happen in Chromium. So my best gueses is that FF have gotten infected with some malware.
Posting this from Ubuntu. :|

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
I am facing a bug since morning today.
While browsing any thread, whenever I try to navigate away from the thread (like closing the tab, trying to subscribe), I am being confirmed, "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved."
I noticed that I am not facing this issue with Chromium.

Can others replicate this problem?

Screenshot:
*i6.minus.com/iDILXiVK991DI.JPG

Update: I noticed the Quick reply automatically gets filled by some something[ /URL] kind of thing in firefox.
And because of that text I get that a confirmation when I try to leave the page. This doesn't happen in Chromium. So my best gueses is that FF have gotten infected with some malware.
Posting this from Ubuntu. :|
something.com

I'm using FF on Win7. Not facing this problem.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
After a lot of hit and trial, I did find out the cause of the issue to be an Add on. This add on is "Sound Frost". Which suspiciously, don't have any information on its details page, except the URL: *SoundFrost.org.

*i.minus.com/jgwOsw7MtMbYY.jpg

Scan result of the URL from Virus Total reports that two scanners, Dr. Web and Sophos have identified the site to be malicious.

So beware FF users about this add on. Gave me quite a trouble. And now I am having trouble uninstalling the add on. I can only disable it. :|

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
have you tried this :
High-Quality Free Online YouTube Converter. Free Unique YouTube to mp3 Downloader.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ press the report button which is there. Much quicker to act that way for us.

I've deleted his account.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
have you tried this :
High-Quality Free Online YouTube Converter. Free Unique YouTube to mp3 Downloader.

Been busy these days. Thanks for the suggestion to uninstall from "appwiz.cpl". Never thought the add on could come from some windows softwares. Well, now the *software* is uninstalled. But I can still see the inactive add on in Firefox.
Well, I would just let it be there. No harm done if it's *inactive*. :p

(I guess. :|)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
why not uninstall FF and reinstall it again ? make sure you delete every FF folders from program files and users older. Also after uninstall do a disk cleanup using CCleaner.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Reinstalling Firefox is not needed. Just deleting your profile will be enough.

You'll lose all your bookmarks and history though.

In Windows, type firefox.exe --profilemanager and delete your profile. And then create new one.

In Linux, type firefox --profilemanager or firefox -P to do the same.

Make sure that no instance of Firefox is running anywhere before you do this. Otherwise the Profile Manager won't pop up.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
As other fellow members have noted,me too gets a wild message saying database error when i click on my UserCp.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
UserCP is working now. I was thinking whole TDF is down as user CP is in my bookmarks. :p
Posting is slow now. Quick reply is not quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom