TDF Upgraded - Post bugs here please

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's just a "jugaad".
A new user coming to the website, and not able to see the login section is quite bad.

mine works fine :

*img832.imageshack.us/img832/9735/x6w.png

on mobile opra classic works fine.

exactly..
old users, mostly have it auto-logged-in, but new users may just get frustated when they don't see the login boxes.:(

Vyom's idea is good ;-)

*img833.imageshack.us/img833/8040/bj0.png

just bookmark this page or add to speed dial.

^ but we are talking about new users. If someone doesnt have adblock installed and visits (add filled) tdf, what impression is he going to get? With those adds, its no better than some cheap file sharing site. One or two ads at top and side are fine, but what we have here- two adds on both sides, an add on top, an add on bottom, few adds flying around randomly and some windows to take survey!

Last edited:

Vignesh B

Youngling
mine works fine :
on mobile opra classic works fine.
Vyom's idea is good ;-)
just bookmark this page or add to speed dial.

^ but we are talking about new users. If someone doesnt have adblock installed and visits (add filled) tdf, what impression is he going to get? With those adds, its no better than some cheap file sharing site. One or two ads at top and side are fine, but what we have here- two adds on both sides, an add on top, an add on bottom, few adds flying around randomly and some windows to take survey! Is digit financially so bad that they need to take this way?
Exactly. Its not a problem for us or for even @krishnandu.sarkar who posted it. I login only once a week after the weekly browser data cleaning. Rest all the days it is logged in. And when I press "th", chrome auto-fills the URL of the User CP page only. But the issue is for new-comers. Searching for a login screen is the worst that it can get.
Anyway, even I can't reproduce the ad in that particular place. Might be the problem is rectified.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Damn. Big deal out of nothing. :p

Granted, there are a lot of ads. We can't really do anything about it. But users who do 'need' to post something, will register (and login) somehow. Just an ad blocking the login box, won't necessarily stop them from login.
And those who don't want to register (and login) won't just do if a login is visible. xD

Besides, we don't need n00bs to get to this forum, if they can't even figure out a way to login even with that ad blocking the login box anyway. Atleast I don't. :rofl:

That's what separates the true geeks. :rolleyes:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
the ads open up to form a bigger (read : frustating) one if someone hovers about or may be just at random, not like they keep moving about at random as some users here suggested.

and i somewhat agree with Vyom, but wont that be rude, not all people are geeks.
anyways,
just an advert which automatically disappears after a few seconds cant be a very huge problem for most of the new ones too.
i checked the website without logging in, the advert clears upon a few seconds.
so, get a better thing to stress upon.. :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ but we are talking about new users. If someone doesnt have adblock installed and visits (add filled) tdf, what impression is he going to get? With those adds, its no better than some cheap file sharing site. One or two ads at top and side are fine, but what we have here- two adds on both sides, an add on top, an add on bottom, few adds flying around randomly and some windows to take survey!

Exactly. Its not a problem for us or for even @krishnandu.sarkar who posted it. I login only once a week after the weekly browser data cleaning. Rest all the days it is logged in. And when I press "th", chrome auto-fills the URL of the User CP page only. But the issue is for new-comers. Searching for a login screen is the worst that it can get.
Anyway, even I can't reproduce the ad in that particular place. Might be the problem is rectified.

did you guys check the first screenshot of mine ? I was not logged in and the browser cache was completely cleared before logging in as everyday I login after clearing caches of all the browsers I've with CCleaner and same procedure was applied while visiting the page from mobile .. just to be sure I've even manually cleared the cache of the browsers.

jasku

In the zone
Guys, I keep getting redirected to the sitemap URL, thinkdigit.com/sitemap, and it says site under construction, its been happening since yesterday, anyone else face the issue?

Damn. Big deal out of nothing. :p

Granted, there are a lot of ads. We can't really do anything about it. But users who do 'need' to post something, will register (and login) somehow. Just an ad blocking the login box, won't necessarily stop them from login.
And those who don't want to register (and login) won't just do if a login is visible. xD

Besides, we don't need n00bs to get to this forum, if they can't even figure out a way to login even with that ad blocking the login box anyway. Atleast I don't. :rofl:

That's what separates the true geeks. :rolleyes:

That's really rude. If everyone here was a geek then the only thread to survive would be time-pass.

Flash

Lost in speed
Getting this error message, when i try to upload a new pic for avatar. Anybody experiencing the same?
Even the dimensions (192*180) and size (24.3KB) of my new image, fits the requirement for avatar.

*i.imgur.com/a2OyPqq.png

Flash

Lost in speed
Sorry. Din't notice the dimension correctly.
Now i've made it to 120x113 with size 16.4 KB, still getting the same error.

This is the image, am trying to upload..

*i.imgur.com/jG90PgZ.jpg

It happens with every picture, that i try to upload..

@Others: Try to upload a new picture to your avatar, and see whether you too get this error or not!

Vignesh B

Youngling
It happens with every picture, that i try to upload..

@Others: Try to upload a new picture to your avatar, and see whether you too get this error or not!
Getting the same error here. Tried both the url to the website and uploading from the PC.
Just for testing I had tried this - *www.avatarist.com/avatars/Funny/Albert-Einstein.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
whenever I log in using a mobile I need to select mobile theme every time which is a PITA .. is not the mobile theme should be auto applied based on the browser's user agent setting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom