TDF Upgraded - Post bugs here please

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
O am facing "400" & DB errors too much since a month. Deleting cookies solves the problem but it again comes up after some time, may be after some days. Its browser independent, Chrome renders Apache (..) error, Opera just says TDF is not reachable. Using OpenDNS.

You mean someone deleted it ???

:sad:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but will make a mess of existing posts with "press thinks if you like my post", "any thank will be appreciated" and many more.

Flash

Lost in speed
But a button like LIKE will be suitable especially for the comments.
If possible, give us a button for LIKING the comment, but not the POST.

roady

Digital Marketer
but will make a mess of existing posts with "press thinks if you like my post", "any thank will be appreciated" and many more.

Oh man, really? I'm sorry but didn't think about it. Cause been on international forums, I never had to deal with all this. I wasn't a mod, just a user and people barely used to misuse the thanks button. If they'd like something, they'd thank the user and the topic would move on.

Hmm... Indian community.. always mischievous .. well then.. we can place a strict rule to NOT use those words begging for thanks/likes. Anyone begging for that will be warned. Hey, I don't think there's any harm in trying. I mean, honestly, sometimes I feel like actually thanking a user for the information he has put up, but then it reminds me of your rules that just saying thanks is next to spam, which I agree with.

Anyway, it's up to you how you implement it. (or not). Would really like to see it. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Not about only Indians. I have seen this in enough places. Even in Overclock.net etc

That may be a reason Steam forums have completely disabled siggy

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Still waiting for a Thanks button. Will save a lot of unnecessary postages. :)

But a button like LIKE will be suitable especially for the comments.
If possible, give us a button for LIKING the comment, but not the POST.

Me too, +1 for Like button. Comes really handy. Better than commenting +1, I agree and all.

I don't think so. It's upto Mods to maintain that rules. I have never seen in TE, people asking for "Like my post"

Why not just implement it? We can check how it goes. Admins can always disable them later if peoples misuse.

Also as I said, it's upto Us (The MODS) to maintain that Rules.

roady

Digital Marketer
Yeah. Now instead of writing this entire thing right now, I'd just love to hit the Thanks button for the user above me to show that I support him (or i'd like to thank him for supporting me / or I share similar views) :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^That's right. I feel the need to Like button specially on Photography Thread, instead of commenting everyone "Awesome Pic", I'd simply like to LIKE the post and move on. Same goes for if i LIKE someone's comment.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Rep system makes people repwhores.
+1 is the best alternative to like/thanks etc.

Its the best middle ground.

roady

Digital Marketer
no repping please. Either Thanks or a simple "+1" just to indicate something without typing. Hopefully Google shouldn't sue you guys when their bots will read

x, y and z +1'd this!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom