Suggestion Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Hi,

I want to ask as to why you guys are so business oriented. I mean, your digital business and leisure section doesn't seem to attract any of the tech buffs out there. Guys in order to boost up your sales and marketing audience, you incorporate such boring and so-called '' tech beyond work" articles.

Guys, and by the way, in the past 12 months, you've not carried oout a proccessor shoot-out, instead, you carried out perhaps 3 mfds/printers shootouts. Just 1 graphic cards shootout !!!

You guys are starting to stray away from computing in particular and cover up other areas of tech. Guys, many people out there consider you a computer mag.

There's so much in the field of computers alone that you could write several articles and won't run outt of them.

-Am2 is out.What have you done to keep us informed???
-X1900 was out.What were you guys doing????
-Software reviews???? irregular and too skimpy in no.s
-Hardware reviews???? Well you guys do a commendable job by iinforming us of the new pendrives, Soccer shaped webcams, JVC handycams and other sooo 'cool' stuffs.
-Processor , motherboards, Graphic cards????? Do you know that they exist???
-DIYs-- hardly find them except in june issue( but nothing exciting or geeky).
-Less hardware insights.
-Drool maal??????/ I miss it
-Your news section doesn't seem too informative. No cool quotient.
-Stupid tech tabloid. Erotic news for perverts.
-Only praises in the letters segment. Well that not a problem but you are hiding many grievances.
-Well the list isn't complete but Its getting too long.

Why don't you include more insights on hardware (---- not mfds please.)?? and carry out more diy on any particular software.(your anniversary issue DIY weren't upto the mark)

Guys its the Digital passion part which we enjoy the most. Please please please . Take any of the digit's issue from 2002- 2003 and compare it with today's.

You get the difference??????

Well if not, wake up and open your eyes.

There are more dissatisfied geeks out there than the seemingly happy business men, housewives, grandpas and 3 yr ol kids.

Only one suggestion: Look back and try to recollect.What have you become.
How do you brand yourself as???
--A livestyle mag??
OR
--A computiing mag.

Muchos gracias.

Last edited:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
GAMES?????? digit gives a lotta games you think eh???

Try looking around you. digit is not at all generous in giving away games. Just look at the games offered in the anniversary issue. MAN i curse myself to have subscribed.

I'm sorry for that, frustration makes man's id overpower his ego u kno. sorry again.

blackpearl

The Devil
kaustav_geek said:
I want to ask as to why you guys are so business oriented. I mean, your digital business and leisure section doesn't seem to attract any of the tech buffs out there. Guys in order to boost up your sales and marketing audience, you incorporate such boring and so-called '' tech beyond work" articles.

Guys, and by the way, in the past 12 months, you've not carried oout a proccessor shoot-out, instead, you carried out perhaps 3 mfds/printers shootouts. Just 1 graphic cards shootout !!!

You guys are starting to stray away from computing in particular and cover up other areas of tech. Guys, many people out there consider you a computer mag.

There's so much in the field of computers alone that you could write several articles and won't run outt of them.

-Am2 is out.What have you done to keep us informed???
-X1900 was out.What were you guys doing????
-Software reviews???? irregular and too skimpy in no.s
-Hardware reviews???? Well you guys do a commendable job by iinforming us of the new pendrives, Soccer shaped webcams, JVC handycams and other sooo 'cool' stuffs.
-Processor , motherboards, Graphic cards????? Do you know that they exist???
-DIYs-- hardly find them except in june issue( but nothing exciting or geeky).
-Less hardware insights.
-Drool maal??????/ I miss it
-Your news section doesn't seem too informative. No cool quotient.
-Stupid tech tabloid. Erotic news for perverts.
-Only praises in the letters segment. Well that not a problem but you are hiding many grievances.
-Well the list isn't complete but Its getting too long.

I agree with you 100%!!!

Digit is turning out to be a business magazine rather than a tech mag.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Listen, Giving more S/W is not the solution.

They should rather give us quality ,useful and effective software.
There are many who play games, so decreasing GAMEs is nt a valid option.

Guys, Give us GooD games as and when they are released.

Sofware needn't be aplenty, just mak sure they are one of their kind and usefull. Bring variety guys.

cooldude666666

Broken In
hi i would like to bring to your notice that the link to digit forums -which is displayed when a digitpatron user logs-into his/her account- doesn't work i.e., even the forum's homepage does not open and the user is redirected to the site's homepage giving up some error saying the requested page was not found.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
@fatbeing

i was hopeing to get a responce to my post
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23179&page=9#177

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Rollercoaster said:
Major 2> yes i guess u can call it a wiki. but what i wanted that here in the forum so that if there are some interesting projects then they(or their progress) can be published in the MAG. according to me such things makes the mag more liverly. It is good that we get info abt all the stuff those major companies are doin' but i think people get more interested in real people and their real work, as it is closer to their own dreams.

Interesting idea, that.

Rollercoaster said:
Minor 1> comeon dood!!! i dont know abt web prog much but couldn't u put in a script or something triggereg by the "back in history" event or something.

I could, but I'd rather encourage people to be careful. And we're too lazy.

Rollercoaster said:
Minor 4>U trust me sir!!!! we do wanna watch the team work(even if it is 1 frame per sec circulating thru diff office spaces, without sound and but a heading of what is the major topic of current work there). And specially those live product reviews i talked abt. just like those videos u that came with digit. it would add a whole new level of personalization with the coustomer. if u dont believe put up a poll on the website!!! we'd love to watch u'all work.

Perhaps when we take our new site online.
(If anyone reminds me how long we've been promising a new site.........grr...)

Rollercoaster said:
hey thanks anyways. i love digit more just because of this forum. it adds life to the magzine. and based on that feeling i had given those suggestions... though i know they are not realizable overnight...

Well, stay tuned. We're going to unleash something that will add some more life to the forum, too.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
FatBeing said:
Well, stay tuned. We're going to unleash something that will add some more life to the forum, too.

Boy oh boy!! i am sure waiting for something to happed to this forum..
good i mean :-D

techno_adi

Broken In
"Digit at Finger Tips"

hi,

I would like to see the mags soft copy in the CD/DVD every month.

I am tryin to develop a s/w that would help search the file(s) for certain keywords or phrases. I feel this is necessary because, I have a coolection of around 5yrs of Digit Hard Copy and its really a task when I have to search for a topic which "I remember reading in 'one of the digit issues' !!!"

You have done a Good thing by providing cut-like pages for the T&T etc..
But, wot I would like is an automated FAST search to the required content and infact comparisions between the related articles amongst the Digit issue itself.

What say friends? Doesn't it sounds compelling!!!
What are we waiting for then!!!!

This is a good proposal to think on.
Infact I would suggest you to build the Digit Article Archive 1.0 as you have come up with Digit CD/DVD Archive.

D

dfordigit

Hi sir,

Probably I was first to demand Dual layer dvd in your anniversary issue. You also done, but only for a month.

Now, onetime Editor SACHIN KALBAG is with PCW, & they have announced each month dual layer DVD.

Digit always claiming that they are first to offer two CD's, first to offer DVD in each issue regularly, first to offer free fasttrack book with each issue.

But, yes but you have missed the bus for regularly providing Dual layer DVD with every issue.

O.K.___o.k. still your position is srtong enough,which i don't want to mention in detail.

Now. think differently, & come up with something new!

Really NEW!

DIGIT IS TRUELY INDIAN MAGAZINE! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!!!Truely!

WE ARE WITH YOU! GO AHEAD!
BEST WISHES!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

runeet

Broken In
You digit guys u should give more hardware and software related articles rather than some lame ass articles about how some guy has created a website, its a damn waste of space and paper, u should also give some decent softwares, if there r no decent game demos then simply give their videos, bcoz the lame ass demos that u guys provide out of deperation are simply outrageous.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its good that you guys have given Linux a permanent place on the media.

Suggestion:
Though there is a README file in most of the archive installations provided, I'd suggest you write a simple instruction for installation and usage as .txt files and place em along with the archives, cause sometimes the default README tends to be geeky and people fail to understand to even install. And if there is no README, I feel giving it would have been a waste of space...

jigslinx

Broken In
Please start a Linux and/or Developer section.
When giving review for software then mension it's freeware counterpart also(if
available) (so that we have as many as legal softwares :).
Can't you guyes provide another way to update Digit Archive. e.g. We all (almost) receive CD and DVD with each issue of Digit which also contains info. about softewares in written form. So can't we have a solution like if we want to update the archive, we just pop in the CD and/or DVD and the Digit Archive extract the info from the CD/DVD itself. This way we won't have to go online for archive update and people without net connection also will have updated archive.

Last edited:
N

--Neo--

Please, can the Digitians provide old Digit issue (4 mths old or later) on da website?? PCQQuest is doing this and its quite a gud idea. Also, u have Digit DVD/CD archive, can ya make a Digit Mag archive for us?

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
jigslinx said:
Please start a Linux and/or Developer section.
When giving review for software then mension it's freeware counterpart also(if
available) (so that we have as many as legal softwares :).
Can't you guyes provide another way to update Digit Archive. e.g. We all (almost) receive CD and DVD with each issue of Digit which also contains info. about softewares in written form. So can't we have a solution like if we want to update the archive, we just pop in the CD and/or DVD and the Digit Archive extract the info from the CD/DVD itself. This way we won't have to go online for archive update and people without net connection also will have updated archive.
Your suggestion about the archive is pretty neat...will definitely look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom