Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team?

Who would you choose to be the captain?

• Sourav Ganguly

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Rahul Dravid

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Any other player

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Re: Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team.

soumya said:
I disagree with you :-

1) Most of the players come into the category of ''was''.....like rahul, sehwag, sachin....i mean like rahul ''was'' most consistent, sachin ''was'' the greatest batsman, india ''was'' a good team...etc etc

4) everyone's forms have gone..... evryone has weaknesses like rahul is one of the worst odi players in the true sense....a shitty strike rate! sachin has his weakness to a good ball pitched just outside offstump........sehwag is much much weak on his leg side ( his feet doesn't move)

4=>> A tleast u agree that sachin gets out for GOOD balls unlike dada ;)

1=>> If SACHIN 'WAS' BEST batsman and DADA 'IS' BEST batsman then y i can never read any great things written abt him by an outsider ...apart frm few fellow indians??? i can give so many quotes written abt MASTER BLASTER SACHIN but i hardly find any for dada??

if u want the latest proof read this

BY ALAN DONALD
India doesn’t need to worry about Sachin Tendulkar. He showed on Sunday that he is beginning to find his groove finally. There was more than a glimpse of his true class; he came out wanting to spend time at the crease and a few of his shots were more than a veiled threat to South Africa. The message would not be lost on the hosts.

It would be harsh if his innings is held up as a failure or too slow for the wicket was doing a bit in the morning and it needed a skillful player to survive. He just bided his time with discipline. He rode through the tough period and a few of his shots, be it over extra covers against the spinner or down the ground against Jacques Kallis, bore the hallmark of the little champion. His ability to pick up the length and hit through the line is still uncanny.

Thus there would be more than just a few eyes looking at the four-day game at Potchefstroom with interest. Tendulkar would be watched closely for the master is showing signs of return to form. I am sure he would try to make the most of it, as would be a few other Indian batters, and get ready for the test challenge.

Tendulkar just about is beginning to show why he is everyone’s favourite batsman; his ability to take on the pressure match after match, year after year, and by remaining the fulcrum of Indian batting. He still bears the most responsibility and perhaps rightly so for he has that genius factor which most, including his team-mates, don’t possess.

Best I ever faced

In my several years of international cricket, Tendulkar remains the best batsman I have ever bowled to. It’s been a pleasure to bowl at the master batsman even though one hasn’t always emerged with credit from the engagements. There have been Steve and Mark Waughs; Mike Athertons and Brian Laras, the best of the very best but Tendulkar, to my mind, has been the toughest. He is in different category for unlike the Waugh and Atherton, he is also very pretty to watch.

You do sense a chance against somebody like Lara for he gives you a charge and discretion can get the better of him. The most impressive thing about Tendulkar is his temperament and how quickly he sizes up the length. His eyesight, footwork and the range of strokes all possess the hallmark of a master. No less impressive is the pressure he soaks up for being an icon to masses of humanity in India.

SOURCE=> MUMBAI MIRROR

LegendKiller

In the zone

wizrulz said:

1=>> If SACHIN 'WAS' BEST batsman and DADA 'IS' BEST batsman then y i can never read any great things written abt him by an outsider ...apart frm few fellow indians??? i can give so many quotes written abt MASTER BLASTER SACHIN but i hardly find any for dada??

SOURCE=> MUMBAI MIRROR
well i wanted to quote this article here,but i thought there's no need to proof that sachin is best ever batsman,by quoting such articles..

But it's good you did it,we also need to boast around sometimes...atleast of things which everyone knows(whether accepts it or not) is true...

And as for ganguly fans,two things happened simultaneously with dada's ouster last sept(05),
1.Sachin "Was" a good batsman,even though he was "god" till a day earlier,

2.Rahul is a "Chamcha" and can be led away anywhere by chappell like a three year old kid holding his father's hand..

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

wizrulz said:

SOURCE=> MUMBAI MIRROR

I am always a bigger fan of Sachin than DADA. yeah, I agree that Sachin ''is'' the greatest batsman, but I would also point out that DADA ''is'' the greatest Indian captain and left handed batsman. Comparing Sachin with Sourav is baseless.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

soumya said:
I am always a bigger fan of Sachin than DADA. yeah, I agree that Sachin ''is'' the greatest batsman, but I would also point out that DADA ''is'' the greatest Indian captain and left handed batsman. Comparing Sachin with Sourav is baseless.

Good to know that u have agreed that SACHIN and DADA cannot be compared.

But how can u say DADA 'IS' best captain..he is no longer captain..so it will always be 'WAS' as he will now never agian be named captian of INDIAN INTERNATIONAL TEAM ;)

LegendKiller

In the zone

soumya said:
Soumya,i can safely say that you are the most fair dada fan i have seen,who willing to understand other's view as well..

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

wizrulz said:
Good to know that u have agreed that SACHIN and DADA cannot be compared.

But how can u say DADA 'IS' best captain..he is no longer captain..so it will always be 'WAS' as he will now never agian be named captian of INDIAN INTERNATIONAL TEAM ;)

who the heck are you? Dilip Vengsarkar? i mean you are like Kiran More who had appointed Dravid the captain till 2007 worldcup, without knowing the from he would be in at that point of time!

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

soumya said:
who the heck are you? Dilip Vengsarkar? i mean you are like Kiran More who had appointed Dravid the captain till 2007 worldcup, without knowing the from he would be in at that point of time!

I am suppporter of INDIAN TEAM and SACHIN TENDULKAR....in no matter what form they go thru ...i am gona support them...as i am INDIAN ......

WC captians r always declared a year ahead to buil dteam...no team changes captains ahead of WC...except pakistan....so that was ri8 thing....and who else u think could be made captian....as SACHIN has opted out????

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

wizrulz said:
I am suppporter of INDIAN TEAM and SACHIN TENDULKAR....in no matter what form they go thru ...i am gona support them...as i am INDIAN ......

WC captians r always declared a year ahead to buil dteam...no team changes captains ahead of WC...except pakistan....so that was ri8 thing....and who else u think could be made captian....as SACHIN has opted out????

Indian team and Sachin Tendulkar!!! So according to you, Sachin doesn't belong to the Indian team!
Sachin and Dravid have a pea-sized captainship brain. Only DADA can take the responsibility!

thx randy orton ;)

Last edited:

LegendKiller

In the zone

soumya said:
Indian team and Sachin Tendulkar!!! So according to you, Sachin doesn't belong to the Indian team!
Sachin and Dravid have a pea-sized captainship brain. Only DADA can take the responsibility!

point taken:rolleyes:,accepted that ganguly was good leader and good motivator,but to praise him you cannot call others "pea-brainers"..

To praise one,you cannot slam another..i hope you understand..;)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

soumya said:

From when i am saying this..please do plan now.....we need great leaders....after Dada retires make him stand for elections....common.....he will make INDIA supper power with his great leadership quality...if hhe can raise 10 players games( and loose own batting poweress :D )....so what...he can raise 100 crore poeple ability and make india a powerfull country....

so start planning now.....retirement is not far off ;)

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

LegendKiller said:
soumya said:

point taken:rolleyes:,accepted that ganguly was good leader and good motivator,but to praise him you cannot call others "pea-brainers"..

To praise one,you cannot slam another..i hope you understand..;)

i stand by my statement ( regarding captaicy):))

LegendKiller

In the zone

Thats what you cannot give entire credit to a captain if a team wins..People like dravid/sehwag/kumble/bhajji/sachin have been instrumental in all the key victories for which dada has been credited for...
England-2001:dravid,kaif,sachin,yuvi
Against Aus(2001):Bhajji,kumble
Aus(2003):Sachin,dravid,kumble
Pak(2003):Sehwag,Sachin,Dravid
World-Cup(2003):Sachin&Sachin Only..

Ganguly just use to go and collect trophies...and he hasn't contributed in even one of those,above mentioned,great series in which india did well..

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

LegendKiller said:
Thats what you cannot give entire credit to a captain if a team wins..People like dravid/sehwag/kumble/bhajji/sachin have been instrumental in all the key victories for which dada has been credited for...
England-2001:dravid,kaif,sachin,yuvi
Against Aus(2001):Bhajji,kumble
Aus(2003):Sachin,dravid,kumble
Pak(2003):Sehwag,Sachin,Dravid
World-Cup(2003):Sachin&Sachin Only..

Ganguly just use to go and collect trophies...and he hasn't contributed in even one of those,above mentioned,great series in which india did well..

Yep but tell me who should be captain -dravid-best batsman but poor thinker.
tendu-we have seen enough of his captaincy and he himself want to be free of it.
gangu-Nice captain but is struggling to get back in the team.has low respect in the eyes of players.non-performer.
viru-struggling on bed..i mean bat.even stripped of vice captaincy.

IT IS CRISIS
i think vvs will be the standby captain in 1st test.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher

full support to Ganguly. He is the victim of cheap politics.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

Ramakrishnan said:
full support to Ganguly. He is the victim of cheap politics.

and what he did to dalmiya uncle was graceful politics.

LegendKiller

In the zone

Ganguly's Performance As Captain,In India's Win
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEST
Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50
21 1298 136 49.92 3 7

Out of the three hundreds above,
1)136-2nd Test v Zim in Ind 2001/02 at Delhi
2)128,3rd Test v Eng in Eng 2002 at Leeds
3)101,1st Test v Zim in Zim 2005/06 at Bulawayo

Wow,2 out of 3 centuries as captain have come against minnows:shock: :shock:
ODI
Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50
76 3359 144 51.67 9 19

Out of which:
1)135,v BD in BD 2000 at Dhaka
2)144,v Zim in Ind 2000/01 at Ahmedabad
3)111,v Ken in SA 2001/02 at Paarl
4)112,World Cup 25 v Nam in SA 2002/03 at Pietermaritzburg
5)107,World Cup Su v Ken in SA 2002/03 at Cape Town
6)111,World Cup SF v Ken in SA

WOW,6 out of 9 centuries as a captain have come against minnows:shock: :shock: :shock:
This clearly proves what an inspirational leader was ganguly..:D :D
And also who's pea-brainer?(ganguly or his supporters... :D :D

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

YEAH-facts afterall.gangu is just like viru in performance.btw.are you online
the whole day

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

LegendKiller said:
Ganguly's Performance As Captain,In India's Win
TEST
Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50
21 1298 136 49.92 3 7

Out of the three hundreds above,
1)136-2nd Test v Zim in Ind 2001/02 at Delhi
2)128,3rd Test v Eng in Eng 2002 at Leeds
3)101,1st Test v Zim in Zim 2005/06 at Bulawayo

Wow,2 out of 3 centuries as captain have come against minnows:shock: :shock:
ODI
Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50
76 3359 144 51.67 9 19

Out of which:
1)135,v BD in BD 2000 at Dhaka
2)144,v Zim in Ind 2000/01 at Ahmedabad
3)111,v Ken in SA 2001/02 at Paarl
4)112,World Cup 25 v Nam in SA 2002/03 at Pietermaritzburg
5)107,World Cup Su v Ken in SA 2002/03 at Cape Town
6)111,World Cup SF v Ken in SA

WOW,6 out of 9 centuries as a captain have come against minnows:shock: :shock: :shock:
This clearly proves what an inspirational leader was ganguly..:D :D
And also who's pea-brainer?(ganguly or his supporters... :D :D

i have never seen anything so dumb! i mean can't you look at his averages.....it's close to 50........you are only considering his centuries ....and you are just blind to the fact that he can get out scoring 99 against Australia and India wins that particular match..........

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

subtract his runs against minnows then see what is the new avarage

LegendKiller

In the zone

soumya said:
i have never seen anything so dumb! i mean can't you look at his averages.....it's close to 50........you are only considering his centuries ....and you are just blind to the fact that he can get out scoring 99 against Australia and India wins that particular match..........
There cannot more height of biasness when someone ask to make a player as captain who has not played a single odi in last 1yr and a test-match in 11 months....
i am atleast quoting facts and not using fancy vocab..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom