Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
okay so the PS4 will be 399USD which is 23.8K INR.

so what will be the per unit cost in india? 23.8K + 25% tax???

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
tell that to the genius who thinks this is a attack sony thread.

the ps4 will be considered as a laptop, hence whatever duties are applicable on a laptop if i am not wrong 5% vat and additionally 16.5% duty on the ps4

so basically, a 400$ usd will cost 400x60 = 24k ( 1.165) = 27.96 .

This is the cost price for sony india. adding freight charges ( 500rs / piece ) and their own profits ( 5k ) = 35k. Add vat. 5% of 35-28 = 350

therefore it should be in the range of 35k

however it is important to keep in mind that sony will be importing pieces in 1000 pcs lots. Not individual pieces. Therefore the actual cost price to sony india including all duty and customs and shipping should run to about 28k. This is including 5k profit / piece... so i expect the sale price of the ps4 to be near about 30k mark

however you also take into account us$ will go upto 65. So another 2k hence should sell 32.5kish.

This isn't a praise PS4 as the lord god thread either. Everyone has the right to post their opinions about every aspect of the PS4. The person you're talking about edited his post. If he was attacking the PS4, he wouldn't have done so.

And please stop joking about the PS4 being called a laptop by customs. In case you didn't know, the customs schedule does list "video games attached to TV" or something like that. PS4 in all likelihood will be categorized as that ;)

heidi2521

Padawan
tell that to the genius who thinks this is a attack sony thread.

the ps4 will be considered as a laptop, hence whatever duties are applicable on a laptop if i am not wrong 5% vat and additionally 16.5% duty on the ps4

Let me point out that this isn't the "Praise PS4 to high heaven thread". I feel that sonys policies are shitty so I called them out. You were the one who brought up a rival video game maker.

I guess this section is useless:

95045000 Video game consoles and machines, other than those of subheading 9504 30

*cbec.gov.in/customs/cst2012-13/chap-95.pdf

The Order is a third person action adventure with shooting mechanics. It’s very much story-based – it’s a linear story-based game. We’re trying to tell a story. It’s what we call a filmic experience.

Ugh. Cinematic 2.0. QTEs & Cutscenes galore. Congratulations on killing my interest in the only PS4 exclusive I cared about.

The Order: 1886: Ready At Dawn Divulges New Details – PlayStation.Blog

In India,PS products come from Europe,so you have to take Euro not USD
PS4 is 399 Euro which is Rs.31171.78

The 399 Eur also includes 20% EU VAT. Deduct that before making any calculations.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Watchdogs to use DS4 touchpad

“This said, the platforms have some specificities that we are leveraging. For example, we are making use of the touchpad on the DualShock 4.”

Battlefield 4 Lead Designer Explains Superiority of the DualShock 4 Over the DualShock 3 and the Xbox 360 Controller

PS4 Vs Xbox One: 'We Have Superior Graphic Fidelity' - Sony

This isn't evident in the launch titles. Maybe it will start to show once the development progresses.

Side-by-side: PS4 gamepad vs PS3 gamepad

DS4 looks bigger and much better.

Talks about Sony's upcoming 30 exclusives

CCP CEO: PS4′s 8GB GDDR5 RAM “to be Important in the Future”, “Hugely Exciting”

Launch titles aren't using more than 4gb Ram. Lots of untapped power out there.

Sony To Focus On PS4 At Gamescom

Hopefully some more exclusive announcements and new ip's.

PHEW!!!! Now that's some next-gen news ;)

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
This isn't evident in the launch titles. Maybe it will start to show once the development progresses.

The Dark Sorcerer demo was more than enough to confirm that, Xbone is yet to show something on that level.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The Dark Sorcerer demo was more than enough to confirm that, Xbone is yet to show something on that level.

Yeah that showed quite a promise. But there's quite a development left for dark sorcerer. It won't be a launch title. Expected around Q3-Q4 2014 maybe

Gollum

Collector

Battlefield 4 Lead Designer Explains Superiority of the DualShock 4 Over the DualShock 3 and the Xbox 360 Controller

Man I can't wait to get my PS4

Man I can't wait to get my PS4

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Pictures of the Contents of the PS4 Box and of the Bundled Headset Appear (Updated)

The images are legit.

*i.imgur.com/EdojaQM.jpg

*i.imgur.com/V3YjqSN.jpg

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Interview: PS4-Xbox One Versions, Weather System, Monsters And Dragons

RedEngine 3 looks highly promising for the next-gen consoles.

The Real Reasons Microsoft, Sony Chose AMD For The Xbox One And PS4

Top Bottom