Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
//MOD: This thread is for PS4 discussion only. For anything related to Xbox One, post here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consoles/174229-definitive-xbox-one-thread-dont-troll.html. For Nintendo Wii U, use this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consoles/171848-nintendo-wii-u-sequel-smash-hit-wii-no-trolling.html

*i.imgur.com/91QRv3Z.jpg?1

Finally the beast is unveiled at E3 2013.:) First impressions suggest that the PS4 looks somewhat strikingly similar in appearance with the mighty and legendary PS2 (original SKU) which was the most successful console of all time. The design is aggressive with sharp flow of lines and a two-tone boxed sandwich model.
Looks significantly smaller than PS3's original model.

The console does look a bit bulky and isn't that slim. Kudos to the designers for adding good amount of vents without making the console compromise in looks.
Now some people might dislike this design, but it surely looks distinct from the rest. No idea about the build quality, but from the looks of it, its gonna be good.
I won't gonna go into details about the specifications as they were already discussed so many times in the past. Check here for a quick rundown: PS4 Tech Specs

The PS4 uses bluetooth 2.1 +EDR as a connectivity medium with the controller and has an overall bandwidth of 3mbps. I would have liked a wifi-direct ( 250mbps), but the latter kinda has a significant impact on battery life. More details about this when the consoles are launched this fall. Integration with the all new PlayStation Eye, Move motion controllers and DS4 gives the PS4 all the means to enjoy interactive content at its best. Add to that, the remote play feature of PS VITA which allows remote play ( asymmetric gameplay) of all PS4 titles.

Coming to games themselves, Sony didn't disappoint here. With over 40 exclusives and overall 150+ games in development for PS4 and will be launched in first year itself, the PS4 looks promising from a development standpoint. At E3, apart from spine chilling exclusives like Killzone- ShadowFall, Drive club, Infamous Second Son and Knack, they displayed some other exclusive Ip's like the brilliant Final Fantasy XV , The New Order 1866, Dark Sorcerer and kingdom hearts.
Lots of new ip's are still in development. Besides this, lots of third party acclaimed titles like Watchdogs, Assassin's creed 4 black flag, Bungie's Destiny and lot others look terrific on PS4.

To witness these games , have a look at the following thanks to our forum member - theterminator :)

PlayStation®4
With a sleek, modern, and elegant look, the overall design of the PS4 system reflects the powerful yet accessible architecture of the system, which will inspire developers to unleash their imaginations and create the next generation of gaming experiences that were never before possible.

SCE World Wide Studios (SCE WWS) is currently developing more than 30 PS4 exclusive titles, 20 of them, including 12 new IPs, are planned to release within a year of the launch of the PS4 system. This demonstrates PlayStation's focus on delivering original, creative content to gamers that will define next-generation gaming experiences. SCE WWS President Shuhei Yoshida provided an update on PS4 exclusive titles, #DRIVECLUB™, Killzone™ Shadow Fall, KNACK™, which will be available at launch, and inFAMOUS Second Son™, available first quarter 2014. He also unveiled SCEA's next blockbuster title, The Order: 1886™, from acclaimed studio Ready at Dawn.

Furthering PlayStation's commitment to finding unique games for its fans by working with independent and small developers, SCEA Vice President of Developer and Publisher Relations Adam Boyes introduced a stellar lineup of titles that will be making their console debut on the PS4 system, including: Transistor by Super Giant, Don't Starve by Klei Entertainment, Mercenary Kings by Tribute Games, Octodad: Deadliest Catch by Young Horses, Secret Ponchos by SwitchBlade Monkeys, Outlast by Red Barrels, Oddworld: New N Tasty by Oddworld Inhabitants and Galak-Z by 17-bit. Boyes also unveiled blockbuster content from key publishing partners, including KINGDOM HEARTS III and FINAL FANTASY® XV from SQUARE ENIX, Ubisoft Entertainment, Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ and Watch_Dogs™, 2K Sports's NBA® 2K14, Bethesda Game Studios' The Elder Scrolls® Online, and the world exclusive unveil of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's Mad Max™. Bungie, one of the most celebrated developers in the industry, was also on stage to introduce the world gameplay premiere of Destiny™. SCEA announced a long-term exclusive partnership with Bungie and Activision that will ensure that the PS4 ecosystem evolves and grows with the incredible Destiny world.

[YOUTUBE]Hf_yxcLKBHg[/YOUTUBE]

The new order 1866 ( Ready at Dawn Studios)

[YOUTUBE]XLAiNUUEFao[/YOUTUBE]

Dark Sorcerer (Quantic Dream)

[YOUTUBE]yXhK-EalTyk[/YOUTUBE]

Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix -Multiplatform)

[YOUTUBE]npjBHFb0fZM[/YOUTUBE]

Kingdom Hearts 3 (Square Enix)

[YOUTUBE]IeGF62O_1Hs[/YOUTUBE]

Drive Club (Evolution Studios)

[YOUTUBE]hJ5Yql0YBqw[/YOUTUBE]

Killzone Shadow Fall (Guerrilla Games)

[YOUTUBE]MlNfJvFnzc8[/YOUTUBE]

Infamous Second Son (Sucker Punch Studios)

[YOUTUBE]nBO_igyh8DY[/YOUTUBE]

Destiny ( Bungie -Multiplatform)

[YOUTUBE]kPYgXvgS6Ww[/YOUTUBE]

Watchdogs ( Ubisoft -Multiplatform)

[YOUTUBE]zsdcRgY4U8E[/YOUTUBE]

Dying Light (Techland)

Apart from these, indie developers took center stage with tons of new games from brilliant minds. They are all free to publish in playstation network.

Now the show stealing comments of CEO Jack Tretton about the companies DRM policies stole a lots of hearts. The PS4 does not block used games and anyone can do anything they stand fit with their physical copies i.e rent , sell or keep it forever. :) The following video says it all, thanks to our member NvidiaGeek: :))

[YOUTUBE]kWSIFh8ICaA[/YOUTUBE]

The pricing of $399 stamped the deal, making it greatly affordable from start. :) Besides, the all new PS4 eye camera retails as an add-on for $59.
Sony's PlayStation 4 Eye is a $59 add-on, PS4 packs an upgradable 500GB HDD inside (updated) Now, PS+ also requires a subscription fee of $5 to access content.

With all these policies and ideas, its safe to say that PS4 is all set for the next-gen race and perhaps all set to rewrite history once again in sales record, and perhaps break the mighty record of the legendary PS2.

PS4 Exclusives so far:

• Blacklight: Retribution: Free to play FPS action only on PS4 and PC from Zombie Studios.
  • Daylight: First-person survival horror with randomly generated levels and a serious lack of light sources.
  • DC Universe Online: The PS3 MMO hit returns on PS4. Become a hero or a villain and team up with famous characters in Gotham and Metropolis.
  • Driveclub: Drive! In a club! Social online racing from the guys behind the awesome Motorstorm.
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: The troubled Square Enix MMO is back and ready to prove itself on PS4.
  • Infamous: Second Sun: Rock around Seattle with superpowers in the third game in the Infamous franchise.
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall: Shoot some Helghast in the face as you return to the world of Guerilla's FPS series.
  • Knack: Fun action platforming for the kids, or adults who never really grew up.
  • The Order: 1886: Adventure through an alternate history steampunk London full of things that go bump in the night.
  • Planetside 2: A free to play MMO FPS that has been a great success on PC.
  • Primal Carnage: Genesis: An episodic single player series about a world where dinosaurs have been brought back from extinction.
  • Secret Ponchos: An indie action shooter from the excellently named studio, Switchblade Monkeys.
  • Super Stardust HD sequel: We know another Super Stardust is coming, but not much more. Expect lots of shooting!
  • Warframe: Another free to play shooter, this time in a third person viewpoint. A big success on PC so far.
  • War Thunder: Multiplayer flight sim with planes from a variety of time periods. Highway to the danger to the zone!

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Re: 5 Reasons the PlayStation 4 Will Be a Must Own Console for Gamers

please quote the article.. blocked..

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

While I'm eagerly waiting for more details on the PS4 to be released, and I do plan to buy one if the pricing is right ($449 and $499 SKUs according to rumours, hoping it is a bit lower), I don't think it is a must own console (until M$ reveals its nextbox).

And while 8GB or memory is definitely progress, being GDDR5 alone is not necessarily going to make a console better. Until out-of-memory events happen, RAM speed and throughput hardly makes a performance difference. Since games are designed to work within console memory limits and not beyond them, in most cases it isn't the RAM type but the number crunching components that will make the biggest difference in performance.
I see the faster RAM mostly benefiting any realtime random streaming operations because data can be referenced faster. But it won't make an end-of-the-world difference compared to DDR3 because if the CPU and GPU can't keep up, the RAM is not that advantageous over a PC or a nextbox (rumoured to have 4GB DDR3).

Last edited by a moderator:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Top 5 reasons are a marketing scheme to get people to buy it.

Don't be sheep, get a PC.

Sarath

iDota

^Still getting a PS4 :p

Don't know about the validity of all 5 reasons but I think even if it just played games like the good ol' PSOne, people would still buy it. I'm buying it just for the games.

heidi2521

Padawan
Sony PlayStation 4 Will Be a Game Player First, Says Kaz Hirai - Ina Fried - D11 - AllThingsD

Where Microsoft has positioned the Xbox One as much as an entertainment device as game console, Sony plans to tout its PlayStation 4 as primarily a device for games.

“The most important thing we need to make sure we do at least initially is that we all agree and understand that the PS4 is a great video game console that appeals to video gamers,” Hirai said in a briefing with reporters after his onstage appearance at D: All Things Digital. “If we miss that part than I don’t think we get the initial establishment of the console.”

Hirai said that formula has worked in the past, including with the PlayStation 3.

That said, there are capabilities in the device that will make it well suited to other uses, Hirai said, without giving details.

“We take a look at this first and formest as a game console,” Hirai said. “We don’t want to end there. That’s an area we will obviously reveal and talk about in the coming months.”
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7385/8897618167_7c59211229_o.gif

Krow

Crowman
Instead of one thread for all three consoles, I'm splitting it to three. Keep it sane, rational and constructive. Trolls will be banned.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
A good move by moderators. :)

Next-Generation Game Consoles to Cost $349 - $399 – Analyst.

PS4 is expected to be $349 as per latest rumors.

Killzone: Shadow Fall on PS4 is 1 Player Offline, According to Official Website

Naughty Dog Hiring for “Next-Generation Console Title”, 3rd Person Action, Co-op, Multiplayer

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Instead of one thread for all three consoles, I'm splitting it to three. Keep it sane, rational and constructive. Trolls will be banned.

thanks, much needed moderation :)

ps4 day 1. if i am not wrong, sony is planning a worldwide launch of the ps4. That means... if it is true, all countries including india will get the ps4 on the same day as usa. ( cant wait )

While I'm eagerly waiting for more details on the PS4 to be released, and I do plan to buy one if the pricing is right ($449 and $499 SKUs according to rumours, hoping it is a bit lower), I don't think it is a must own console (until M$ reveals its nextbox).

And while 8GB or memory is definitely progress, being GDDR5 alone is not necessarily going to make a console better. Until out-of-memory events happen, RAM speed and throughput hardly makes a performance difference. Since games are designed to work within console memory limits and not beyond them, in most cases it isn't the RAM type but the number crunching components that will make the biggest difference in performance.
I see the faster RAM mostly benefiting any realtime random streaming operations because data can be referenced faster. But it won't make an end-of-the-world difference compared to DDR3 because if the CPU and GPU can't keep up, the RAM is not that advantageous over a PC or a nextbox (rumoured to have 4GB DDR3).

you dont know how the ps4 works, surely sony have taken their ideas from cell and implemented them here . Lets just wait for some official testing / results.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Sony E3 2013 Preview: PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Games, Apps And Expected Announcements

Expectations from PS4 are very high at the moment. I hope sony pull this off positively.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
you dont know how the ps4 works, surely sony have taken their ideas from cell and implemented them here . Lets just wait for some official testing / results.

I think I have a fair understanding of how the PS4 works. Given what info is currently out there, you can't definitively say that the PS4 is MUCH faster than the batsuichi (AKA end-of-the-world difference) just because the memory data rates and clockspeeds are betterr.

Remember that the batsuichi has the Direct3D pipeline, which most of the biggies are more familiar with compared to OpenGL or its derivatives' pipelines. This is a factor to be weighed in as well.

I do hope that the batsuichi is worse even from a gaming PoV.

Even now, I think that the PS4 isn't must-own yet. Some of the titles are interesting but I will wait for more specific details before making up my mind.

Krow

Crowman
I think I have a fair understanding of how the PS4 works. Given what info is currently out there, you can't definitively say that the PS4 is MUCH faster than the batsuichi (AKA end-of-the-world difference) just because the memory data rates and clockspeeds are betterr.

Remember that the batsuichi has the Direct3D pipeline, which most of the biggies are more familiar with compared to OpenGL or its derivatives' pipelines. This is a factor to be weighed in as well.

I do hope that the batsuichi is worse even from a gaming PoV.

Even now, I think that the PS4 isn't must-own yet. Some of the titles are interesting but I will wait for more specific details before making up my mind.

Will be great if you refer to products by their proper name. Not everyone is familiar with batuphichi or whatever you're calling it. You've been here for five years, surely you understand that many new users read your posts. Make it easy for everyone to understand.

Secondly, unusual as it is, I am with NoasArcAngel here. Let them release the product, at least let's wait for a gaming experience before judging the PS4.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Will be great if you refer to products by their proper name. Not everyone is familiar with batuphichi or whatever you're calling it. You've been here for five years, surely you understand that many new users read your posts. Make it easy for everyone to understand.

Secondly, unusual as it is, I am with NoasArcAngel here. Let them release the product, at least let's wait for a gaming experience before judging the PS4.

Cant agree more.. I dont understand why people are so jumpy when they have to just wait, use, feel, review and then pass on their comments. We arent running any blogs out here to play I-am-the-first-one to pull out an amazing over the box review about something that hasnt surfaced yet into the user markets.

PS:: If you are a blogger and want to blog everything that you wanna write-off (btw, there is no restriction in writting about your opinion here) about a product that is yet to be released, feel free to do it in your own blogs

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Exactly. Actually it should be forbidden to use Japanese or any foreign slang or terms in an Indian and that too technical forum.
"Batsuichi" is referred to a divorcee and sounds very lowly in a healthy discussion environment.

About the direct3d and opengl pipelines, don't know how to put it except for this link:

Is The Last Of Us the most beautiful game of this console generation?

Being a Sony exclusive, its completely Opengl. Its one of biggest release for PS3 ( releasing june 14th) and is a strong IP to continue in the PS4.

Check out this gameplay video mate. I was completely blown away : :)

[YOUTUBE]9cVBXXFoWks[/YOUTUBE]

Sony Santa Monica to announce new title at E3

Could it be a new God Of War or a brand new IP ??

PS4 and Xbox One Clock Speeds “Not a Very Good Measure of Performance” – Avalanche Studios CTO

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
The naughty dog games are awesome to what i have seen so far (played UC1 and 2. Playing UC3 now).. I bought a PS3 (a month ago) for its exclusives and I am pretty happy about that decision.. :)

There are other great games (must play) like Heavy Rain, MGS series etc..

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Ex-Assassin's Creed 3 director's co-op puzzler Tiny Brains now confirmed for PS4

Its a new IP.

Sony drop Pre-E3 coverage video – glimpses of PS4 abound

The Darkness 2 dev's F2P shooter Warframe a PS4 launch title

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Win-win situation: I keep using words like "Batsuichi", and put a legend at the bottom explaining what it means and what I'm using it for.

I'm only saying that based on what we know, the PS4 isn't a "must buy" yet. Maybe thanks to E3 that will change.

I have problem calling x1 whatever is the convention right now because it reminds me too much of Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam. And my opinion on the Batsuichi is that as of now it is a "don't buy" unless E3 can change it.

Cant agree more.. I dont understand why people are so jumpy when they have to just wait, use, feel, review and then pass on their comments. We arent running any blogs out here to play I-am-the-first-one to pull out an amazing over the box review about something that hasnt surfaced yet into the user markets.

PS:: If you are a blogger and want to blog everything that you wanna write-off (btw, there is no restriction in writting about your opinion here) about a product that is yet to be released, feel free to do it in your own blogs

I'm only stating my opinion here and nobody has been forced to agree with it :) I think I have that much freedom in this forum.

Don't rely on IGN. Look at some other reviewers like Polygon and Eurogamer. You should also check out Youtube reviewers like Angry Joe.

Now I'm not saying that The Last of Us is a bad game. I haven't played it so I can't comment on that. But I can comment on what reviewers can or can't be trusted. Check Metacritic too for a comprehensive list of reviewers.

Usually it is the smaller unpaid ones that are not biased.

*www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1fuez8/so_i_have_been_watching_my_cousin_play_the_last/

If this thread is to be believed, then Naughty Dog has misled consumers on at least one count.

Exactly. Actually it should be forbidden to use Japanese or any foreign slang or terms in an Indian and that too technical forum.

"Batsuichi" is referred to a divorcee and sounds very lowly in a healthy discussion environment.

About the direct3d and opengl pipelines, don't know how to put it except for this link:

Being a Sony exclusive, its completely Opengl. Its one of biggest release for PS3 ( releasing june 14th) and is a strong IP to continue in the PS4.

Could it be a new God Of War or a brand new IP ??

PS4 and Xbox One Clock Speeds “Not a Very Good Measure of Performance” – Avalanche Studios CTO

Batsuichi refers to the act of divorce, not the divorcee. Batsuichi is apt here because:

1. The new xbox is called Xbox one.
2. Batsu is represented by a cross in the Japanese language and so can subsitute the box's X. And ichi means "one"
3. The new xbox, based on the information available, figuratively divorces itself "once" from the gamer. No longer is it a gaming console- it's a home entertainment device that also fails to live up to it's name.

If Japanese or other foreign language words get banned here, some of the off-topic community threads will be badly affected. And surely you realize that a very large number of English words are actually loaned or derived from other languages (including but not limited to French, Latin, Greek, and even Japanese). You would not be able to use terms like de facto, de jure etc because they're not English.

Besides, many games from Japan don't have English names in their English releases (Ni No Kuni, Tekken etc). You sure you want to live with that?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
All I can say is its better to use "Xbox One" instead of trying to explain the language "English" and avoid all these troubles for you and for the reader.

And if u still thinkof using only the Japanese words, I would rather like to read everything you write in Japanese as I love the language and I am from the yo-yo-posh world of jargons.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

Could it be a new God Of War
or a brand new IP ??

Kratos : ATHEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap....
Its just a DLC for GoW:A
:cryeyesout::cryeyesout::cryeyesout::cryeyesout:

Top Bottom