Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
PS4 Vs. Xbox One: Amazon Splits PlayStation 4 Preorder Page, May Not Ship On Release Date Due To High Demand

The demand is exceedingly high. Demand might be overwhelmingly high than supply at launch.

Gollum

Collector
PS4 Vs. Xbox One: Amazon Splits PlayStation 4 Preorder Page, May Not Ship On Release Date Due To High Demand

The demand is exceedingly high. Demand might be overwhelmingly high than supply at launch.

the hype. we can only hope to go to a Sony centers

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
DayZ set to arrive on PS4, but could skip Xbox One

Kudos to Sony for giving self publishing rights to independent developers.

PS4 Games Demoed on PS4 Dev Kits Says Blow, Xbox One Games Spotted Running on PCs With Nvidia Cards

"That is kind of crazy considering consoles are supposed to be on the shelves with these games in 5-6 months.

During Microsoft’s press show I was impressed by how good the games looked given the console’s specs. But if they weren’t running on those specs then it becomes pretty questionable.

I actually don’t want XB1 to fail because we need competition to keep things healthy."

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Permanently :grin:

For game4u, you mean?

BURN XBOX BURN!!

E3 PS4 Games ran on dev hardware, not high-end PCs

Microshaft just got hanged, drawn, and quartered :rofl: :rofl:

Talk about royally screwing up, lol...

Read this:

Jonathan Blow said:
During Microsoft’s press show I was impressed by how good the games looked given the console’s specs. But if they weren’t running on those specs then it becomes pretty questionable.

Guess what, Shuhei Yoshida of Sony actually tweeted this:

*pbs.twimg.com/media/BMqTNxgCEAAbSb6.jpg:large

Full conversation.

Knack Crash reveals new PS4 details.

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
In Theory: Can next-gen fulfill the 1080p60 dream?

It sure can. :)

PS4's Number Of Developers Has Jumped A Crazy Amount

According to a Sony Corporate PDF file “Since February 2013, the number of developers joining has increased from 126 to 505.”, many of these developers being Indie devs who are loving what the PlayStation 4 platform offers in comparison to the Xbox One. This is because Sony will allow indie developers to publish their games to the Playstation 4 independently unlike the Xbox One which requires indie developers to partner with a publisher before it appears on their platform.

This thing is just getting better and better. It kind of has far less flaws than any console launch in history.

Planetside 2 'Looks Like PC On Max Settings,' Supports Vita Remote Play

Another jaw dropping PS4 exclusive.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

With the X1 E3 demo units fiasco, maybe not. And given how much easier it should be to make a PC game in this 8th generation, I do expect PC titles to be of much better quality overall compared to the competition.

Maybe the PS4 might, but lets wait and watch.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

PS4's Number Of Developers Has Jumped A Crazy Amount

This thing is just getting better and better. It kind of has far less flaws than any console launch in history.

Planetside 2 'Looks Like PC On Max Settings,' Supports Vita Remote Play

Another jaw dropping PS4 exclusive.

Ermm....
Planetside 2 was on PC.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
What’s Next: A Look at the PS4′s Upcoming Unannounced Exclusives

With E3 over, it’s easy to be sad and despondent that F5ing the internet no longer leads to game reveals. But while the biggest gaming event of the year is behind us, it doesn’t mean that we’ve seen everything there is to see.

To keep you all excited, today we’ll take a look at everything that is known about the PS4′s unannounced upcoming exclusives, covering some stuff that we talked about before on Daily Reaction, as well as new information and rumors. For announced games, head over to our mega-PS4 article.

First up is Sony Santa Monica’s new IP – we all thought it would be at E3 because it was listed by TwitchTV, but that was just their trollish way of sneaking in The Order: 1886 from Ready at Dawn without anyone noticing. After the release of God of War III, the Santa Monica team split up – one group working on GOW: Ascension, the other on a new IP, thought to be helmed by Stig Asmussen to make a new IP.

Just before E3, LittleBigPlanet 3 was spotted on a resume, with Sonic & All-Stars Racing/LittleBigPlanet 2 Cross Controller pack developers Sumo Digital being outed as the guys behind it. Media Molecule has already made the 2.5D Play.Create.Share game a truly incredible experience, which is why many guess that Sumo will try to mix things up and go 3D – a move that may seem all the more intelligent now that Microsoft have announced a 3D game creator/sharer for Xbox One, Project Spark.

As for Media Molecule themselves, they’re a small studio that is mainly focusing on Vita game Tearaway, but they have invested heavily in PS4 R&D. One project is the PS4 sculpting game… but we don’t know if that’ll become an actual game. Job listings have said that they’re creating something “even more ambitious than LittleBigPlanet”.

The other big UK studio is SCE London, who have been very quiet since the PS4′s unveiling, and likely will remain so until gamescom. They want their graphics to “set the bar for the industry” and they were hiring for an AAA character action game, but we’ll probably get more stuff from the EyePet team that makes use of the new PlayStation Camera. With Wonderbook utterly failing to ignite the charts (blame Sony’s marketing team/budget), it’s unlikely that that’ll come to PS4.

Elsewhere in Europe, Guerrilla Games announced a new IP was in development in 2010. By all usual development standards, we should should have heard about this game by now, but considering Killzone Shadow Fall is out this holiday, they’re clearly trying to focus publicity on that game instead. As The Order: 1886 was trademarked in GG’s homeland, a lot of people incorrectly assumed that was the name, but we now know otherwise.

GG and Santa Monica aren’t the only studio with two main teams – Naughty Dog split in half after Uncharted 3 shipped. Considering the critical acclaim, strong sales, upcoming movie and the fact that Naughty Dog said they divided their team up by moving the people who wanted to make something new over to TLOU, it’s pretty much guaranteed that the game is Uncharted 4. Of course, just like Killzone SF isn’t Killzone 4 and inFamous SS isn’t inFamous 3, they’ll call it something different so that next-gen newcomers don’t think that they can’t play the game without playing the past titles.

SCE San Diego Studio have been hiring for a PS4 game for a while, and everyone’s money is on more MLB.

The other day we uncovered a Zindagi job listing for online multiplayer. The second party studio’s PS4 exclusive motion game is set for this holiday, barring delays, so we should hear more soon. The only question is whether this is Sports Champions 3 or a new IP.

Another second party studio is of course Quantic Dream, who seem to be working on Singularity for PS4, and have released a beautiful working tech demo of a PS4 engine, but as Beyond is their main focus, don’t expect much about this for years.

Over on the PSN side, Super Stardust HD is set to get a ‘spiritual successor’ from Housemarque for PS4, while Giant Sparrow have announced that that they’re developing a game tentatively titled Edith Finch, after creating the awesome The Unfinished Swan for PS3.

Then there’s the titles in development we know next to nothing about – titles from Tarsier Studios (The City of Metronome perhaps?), Supermassive Games and Ovosonico (new IP), and whatever SCE Japan decide to cook up. Not only that, but Sony allowing self publishing and sending dev kits out to hundreds of developers means that there’ll be a ton of console exclusive IPs, many of which will also be on PC.

Outside of games, we also uncovered what seems to be a PSN bidding platform, and a video streaming service, titled Bid for Greatness and Gateways to Greatness respectively.

The crazy thing is, even when you add all these games to the confirmed PS4 titles like inFamous, DriveClub, Killzone and The Order, it doesn’t reach the 30 games Sony has announced are in development for PS4 by SCE Worldwide Studios – 20 of which are out this year.

Sony details PS4 PlayStation Plus changes

Auto-updates no longer behind paywall, PS4 social features free, Sony confirms. "We're trying to be as balanced and as fair as we possibly can."

Sony has detailed some of the changes due to be implemented to PlayStation Plus with the arrival of PlayStation 4, telling VideoGamer.com that both auto-updates and the "social features of PS4" will not require a PlayStation Plus subscription to access.

Catch-up TV and online movie services will continue to be free to all PS4 users, although an additional fee may be required to access back-catalogue PS3 titles once the Gaikai streaming service is introduced next year.

A PlayStation Plus account will also be required to access PS4's online multiplayer functionality – something Sony says will allow it to "invest significantly" in PlayStation Network to help lower downtimes and improve its performance.

"It is time to charge, but it is time to charge and still continue to deliver phenomenal value," SCEE UK & Ireland MD Fergal Gara told VideoGamer.com during E3.

"A PlayStation Plus subscriber for PlayStation 4 comes away with a hell of a lot. First of all, the subscription applies across all three platforms [PS4, PS3 & PS Vita], so if you have the three platforms then you have an instant game collection on all three. So that's hugely powerful in its own right. But it is true to say that the online multiplayer element for PS4, you do require the subscription in order to [make use] of that.

"If you choose not to subscribe we are still gating relatively little in many senses, so access to online catch-up TV and online movie services sit outside of the gate, for example. The social features of PS4 and PS4 games sit out of the subscription service... things like auto-updates on PS4 sit outside of PlayStation Plus, so we're trying to be as balanced and as fair as we possibly can. If you choose to pay the subscription, yes, you get one important element of modern-day gameplay, but you also get fantastic value in games, including the PlayStation Plus Edition of DriveClub."

Auto-update functionality had previously only been available to PS Plus subscribers on PS3, and though it isn't yet clear what Gara means by PS4's "social features", it's possible he could be referring to the console's broadcasting and video upload features.

The service seems relatively more open than Microsoft's Xbox LIVE service, too, which blocks users from accessing services like Netflix and 4OD unless they're an Xbox LIVE Gold subscriber.

Whether PlayStation Plus users will be required to pay an additional fee for access to PS3 title streaming through Gaikai, however, is still undecided.

"In short, we haven't decided," said Gara when asked whether the firm plans to introduce additional PlayStation Plus tiers to accommodate backwards-compatibility streaming. "The Gaikai developments are exciting. The Remote Play feature which we're particularly excited about not just benefits PS4 but PS Vita - that uses some Gaikai technology.

"But secondly, the full cloud gaming service comes a bit later – we announced that 2014 will start to see that introduced for PS3 titles in the US, and we'll start to see a gradual increase in consoles, titles, devices and countries involved as we go forward, so there is a plan there to bring the PlayStation experience to more devices out of the cloud using the Gaikai that will broaden over time.

"Will that be part of PlayStation Plus? I genuinely don't know. Will that require some other, different charging mechanism? Perhaps. We just haven't sat down to answer that question yet."

PlayStation 4 launches worldwide this Christmas.

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
What’s Next: A Look at the PS4′s Upcoming Unannounced Exclusives

Sony details PS4 PlayStation Plus changes

Can you put the important parts of the article (if not the whole article) here for people like me who cant access these url's from office??

TIA

darkv0id

Journeyman
The next-gen gaming consoles- analysed by a non-gaming website.

I wish more of our gaming websites were this rational and unemotional.

P.S. I've x-posted this on the XBox One thread as well.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Did Sony Overlook the Seriousness of DRM

What do you think guys !!!!

*i.imgur.com/Borof59.jpg

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
The Guardian said:
Although Vita has not sold astonishingly well so far, this is an interesting USP, and maybe a PS4/Vita bundle pack would highlight the possibilities of these intertwined systems.

Now this I'd like to see.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Deep Down develoment in progress, may be PS4 exclusive and may have coop/multiplayer mode

This RPG has some potential.

PS4 vs Xbox One - Pre-Order Totals to June 15th 2013

PlayStation 4 - Top 10 Pre-orders

1. Battlefield 4
2. Watch Dogs
3. Killzone: Shadow Fall
4. Madden NFL 25
5. Call of Duty: Ghosts
6. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
7. Need for Speed Rivals
8. FIFA Soccer 14
9. Knack
10. Driveclub

PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Comparison Chart

This more like a specification comparison.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Sony PlayStation 4 Release Date Gets Announced by Retailer.

It seems partners and retailers were given launch dates before an official announcement.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
Sony PlayStation 4 Release Date Gets Announced by Retailer.

It seems partners are retailers were given launch dates before an official announcement.

why can't you copy text from the link and post it here??

While Sony Computer Entertainment has not publicly announced exact release date of the PlayStation 4 game console to leave some additional flexibility for its shipments schedules, it looks like the firm has provided exact timetable to its partners. Just like its arch-rival from Microsoft Corp., Sony’s PS4 will hit the market in November this year.

Media Markt, one of the largest retailers of consumer electronics in Germany, the Netherlands and some other European countries, will start to sell Sony PlayStation 4 game console on Wednesday, November 13, 2013. The retailer has started to advertise the launch date of the console in its stores in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, according to a picture made by a member of NeoGAF forums.

Given the fact that MediaMarkt is very influential, it will start sales of the PS4 along with Sony itself and other retailers. Therefore, the PlayStation 4 will launch on November 13, 2013, across major European markets.

Since Sony tends to release its game consoles in the U.S. ahead of the roll-out in the EU, it is highly likely that the PS4 will become available in North America in late October or very early in November.

Sony PlayStation 4 is based on a semi-custom AMD Fusion system-on-chip that integrates eight AMD x86 Jaguar cores, custom AMD Radeon HD core with unified array of 18 AMD GCN-like compute units (1152 stream processors which collectively generate 1.84TFLOPS of computer power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two), various special-purpose hardware blocks as well as multi-channel GDDR5 memory controller. The PS4 will come with 8GB of unified GDDR5 memory sub-system (with 176GB/s bandwidth) for both CPU and GPU as well as large-capacity hard disk drive.

Sony PS4 will be equipped with Blu-ray disc drive capable of reading BDs at 6x and DVDs at 8x speeds, USB 3.0 connectivity in addition to a proprietary aux port, Gigabit Ethernet port, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR wireless technology as well as HDMI, optical and analog outputs. The new system will also utilize new DualShock 4 game controller with integrated touchpad as well as better motion sensing thanks to new PS4 tracking cameras (sold separately for $59).

When the PlayStation 4 will become available this year, it will be sold at a recommended retail price (RRP) of $399, CAD$399, €399, and £349.

Sony did not comment on the story.
*www.xbitlabs.com/cms/include/image.php?src=/images/news/2013-06/sony_playstation4_launch_date_media_markt.jpg&width=200&height=268&cache=1&quality=88&aspect=0&format=jpg

Top Bottom