Software to download videos off non-youtube websites

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hello!

could someone please tell me about any software that can download videos from sites other than youtube? like from ndtvgoodtimes.com, and likewise. i tried realdownloader, but for some reason, it isn't working on my PC (ie, the bar that's supposed to appear on top right-hand corner isn't appearing). any suggestions are welcome.

thanks!

TheHumanBot

Padawan
jDownloader or try keepvid.com it should be able to download videos from other sites too.
if nothing works IDM will download but IDM have problems with youtube.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Try Orbit downloader.
Best (freeware) download software I have ever used. And you can download videos from most sites through it.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
thanks a lot for your suggestions! i will try each of these and let you people know. in case of a few websites where there are protection-systems enabled (like NDTV), a screen-recording utility should do the trick! i will try and report back.

sharang.d

Youngling
Is it faster like idm? Resume option available?

It has acceleration plus resume support and the best part is that it is built right into FF.
I generally use Chrome as my browser but i open up FF just to paste download links in DownThemAll since there's no IDM in linux.

There are many other alternatives that you can try and decide. I found a whole list but I tried this one first and I didn't wanna look any further!

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Protection? It's all flash vid or HTML5. Orbit can rip virtually any video from any site. But the thing is that FailFox is updating it's versions so fast, it doesn't integrate with FF anymore. It can only integrate with InfernalExploder (IE) currently, but you know...you can have two versions of FailFox side by side.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
happy to tell you all that IDM did the job, and that too, with super-ease (esp. for one supposedly troublesome site, NDTV good times) ! *www.techenclave.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/happy.png

however, will certainly try other softwares/suggestions as well.

The problem with IDM is that sometimes it doesn't catch the video. So I installed the addon download helper in firefox. Works every time.But downloading through firefox can be a pain in ass.What I do is after starting the download with firefox(using download helper), I cancel the download and I copy the download URL by doing right click. After that I can paste that URL in any download manager to download the video.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The problem with IDM is that sometimes it doesn't catch the video. So I installed the addon download helper in firefox. Works every time.But downloading through firefox can be a pain in ass.What I do is after starting the download with firefox(using download helper), I cancel the download and I copy the download URL by doing right click. After that I can paste that URL in any download manager to download the video.
let me make your life easy on this

install flashgot addon in firefox & forget copy pasting coz that will give u option to select the download managers :-D

Top Bottom