Should stray dogs be killed or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
NO! You are mistaken!

No bhai you are mistaken. I'm not saying that this is the only cause of stray dogs, sure all of them are not sterilized yet, but the current inflow of pups is from those 'looked after' by the locals (this is true of Goa at least). I know this cause my mom is the president of People For Animals, and was one who fought the case against killing of stray dogs...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
They are multiplying like blockbuster.

Where will u put the corpses ?

let them live (atleast they know how to protect their territory from strangers).

Vaccinate them and sterilize them after certain age.

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
gx_saurav said:
Yo, just do it once a year, & you got free watch dog for your colony. All you need to do is to feed them the left over of your home, burgers etc. Thats it. It's better then a human for security.

Read few days back in newspaper that Mumbai HighCourt has ordered every single society/apartments in Mumbai to adopt one dog. This would be better if implemented.

Vyasram

The pWnster
dont u kill bacteria that kill ya, same thing here or maybe they should be dumped in some isolated nuclear facility site :D

mediator

Technomancer
^^Thats a bad thought. LIkewise, humans, are no better than viruses, who degrade the environment and kill other species for their own existence!

T

thunderbird.117

Vyasram said:
dont u kill bacteria that kill ya, same thing here or maybe they should be dumped in some isolated nuclear facility site :D

You watch lot of movies or you play lots of games :D

Aberforth

The Internationalist
I find the action taken against stray dogs quite disturbing. If they were to get rid of the dog menace, they could release them in the wild, house them with animal lovers and put them up for adoption. Unless the dog has rabies, in which case it is infectious, I see no reason for dogs to be killed. That is cruel and extreme.

T

thunderbird.117

Aberforth said:
I find the action taken against stray dogs quite disturbing. If they were to get rid of the dog menace, they could release them in the wild, house them with animal lovers and put them up for adoption. Unless the dog has rabies, in which case it is infectious, I see no reason for dogs to be killed. That is cruel and extreme.

I saw a picture of a truck where there lot of dead dog :(. I have a doubt if they killed "infection" dog. I think they killed only innocent dogs and left the other.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
thunderbird.117 said:
I saw a picture of a truck where there lot of dead dog :(. I have a doubt if they killed "infection" dog. I think they killed only innocent dogs and left the other.

We are doing to dogs what US did to Iraqis. The act sounds to me more like revenge on the dog by the humans for killing a child. Tigers kill farmers and their cattle in Sundarbans, would that incite the government to eliminate all the Royal Bengal Tigers? Unlike rats and mosquitoes dogs do not cause harm as such..they are known an men's best friend.

T

thunderbird.117

Aberforth said:
We are doing to dogs what US did to Iraqis. The act sounds to me more like revenge on the dog by the humans for killing a child. Tigers kill farmers and their cattle in Sundarbans, would that incite the government to eliminate all the Royal Bengal Tigers? Unlike rats and mosquitoes dogs do not cause harm as such..they are known an men's best friend.

You know thinking of this reminds me of steve irwin when sting ray killed him. After his death all his followers gathered and murdered the poor sting ray.

It is not just USA that is killing the iraqis it is also the terrorist who kills them why just blame US blame on terrorist too.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
thunderbird.117 said:
It is not just USA that is killing the iraqis it is also the terrorist who kills them why just blame US blame on terrorist too.

The topic will get deviated on this, there are several political reasons why the terrorists do it. We could discuss in private or another thread.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Even if killing becomes necessary, it should be merciful, quick and painless. And this should be applied to all living beings - not only humans.

hailgautam

Youngling
Question: What are these dogs doing around us?
Answer: We humans domesticated them because we wanted them to help us in hunting, later on when the civilizations developed and Humans started to cultivate and no more required the dogs then Just Dumped them. But dogs were after all man's best friend. They did not dump us and started living around the human settlements, living on what ever we throw out as garbage.

They effectively clean more than half of the garbage that we Humans produce. If dogs weren't there you can't even imagine what would the cities would be like.

The case in point in B'lore is about the contents of garbage. The dogs were eating meat thrown on the road side. Since it is meat which even makes men become devils (that is why many religions ban eating meat); you can't really blame the poor old dog.

Question: The Poulation of Human beings is not growing...it is exploding..shouldn't they be killed.
Answer: Well killing is not the answer, is it?

Last edited:

sagsall4u

Journeyman
i wish they were put in a pound or sumthing. i know that is not possible. but moving around with kids on a street with street dogs can be a horrifying experience. what if the dogs chase or start barking. the kids wud get scared right??
they are not given vaccine. and if u by any chance come home late at night ... be sure hat at least 10 dogs r gonna bark/chase you till u reach inside ur home.
i say get rid of these unwanted creatures

T

thunderbird.117

Possible said:
Well... I for one, see stray humans too.

HAHAHA. I think government should treat them like how they are treating dogs. Iam sure they will do that.

Josan

Gangsta
There r some other solution for this prob then to kill these dogs ...
i kno they can harm humman but ,we cant treat like this bcoz we ha been gifted by brain which can find other solutions ..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aberforth

The Internationalist
There a a lot of people killed due to road accidents, now lets kill all motorists. :) And eyewitnesses say that the child threw a stone at the two dogs who were fighting over a bone...how smart is that?

T

thunderbird.117

Aberforth said:
There a a lot of people killed due to road accidents, now lets kill all motorists. :) And eyewitnesses say that the child threw a stone at the two dogs who were fighting over a bone...how smart is that?

I agree the child is very smart to do that :D. So let us do the same thing when people fight with other people for various reason :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom