Votes: 51 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 97 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
@drgrudge......yea I listen to mozart between breaks, but scraps really refresh u. Belive me specially when the messeges are from girls! :D
Neways there's nothing like slow,calm and soothing instrumental music between breaks!

G

gxsaurav

one word

nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, what will happen to my free time, & my friends

orkut is good actully, i found my school friends there after long time, u can't say it's bad

& scrap book, well...there can be 2 things

1) Only u can see it

2) Only u & those friends who have logged in can see it & they can only see their own scraps

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
No. Those who don't like Orkut will do well to shun it.

QwertyManiac said:
I dont know about orkut but this place definitely went down yesterday and today :p
Roger that. And they had quite a funny caption on, if you noticed. :D

VD17

Journeyman
This is height of ridiculousness. If you dont like something SHUT THE F UP and ignore it. People wasting time on orkut do more "productive" work than people who go around discussing "Should Orkut be taken down". Who are you to take down orkut? Many people use it, let them. If you dont like it, dont use it.
And i for one dont think orkut should be taken down. Those people who waste time are making a personal choice. Orkut didnt mention in their Terms & Conditions that in order to be a member you HAVE to waste time here.
one more thing... we have had big words like "serious breach of privacy"... exactly... HOW??!!
people chose to put up the info. there... that network doesnt show or disclose anything that its not supposed to...

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
only the last part of ur comment i wud like to correct is that courts hav ruled that restricted info about users will be available for scrutiny .... all the rest crap u said is same as i hate schumi or i hate bill gates kinda stuff .....

hey mods this section is becoming more liek mouthshut.com

VD17

Journeyman
restricted info?
then that includes the stuff u put inother websites too.. like ebay.. and even webmails...
u know, the best way to counter an argument when u have absolutely nothing sensible to counter it with is to shun it as "crap" and similiar words.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Simply because people irritate sometimes by scrapping too much doesn't mean orkut should be taken down! Its a nice concept, but scrapping is over used (or misused) :p

Afterall social networking is not bad. And its a way to know about and learn about things from like minded people. Communities some time prove useful.

Should cars be banned just because some people speed and cause accidents? ;)

mediator

Technomancer
100 % Agree with @VD17 aka Vinayak and @tuxfan aka ....... !
@tuxfan...Nice example bro!

Neways those who dont like the spamming thing of ORkut like messeges from communities, then just leave them! I have like 1000 such messeges from communties unread . There's an option in orkut not to acknowldge such messeges in email. I dont think spam exists for PM thing coz I never recieved such spam then!

hikapil

Journeyman
Orkut is really good.
I found many of my lost friends at Orkut.
i loe every feature of it.

Scrapbook - Message is visible to everyone, this is its feature.
If u want that ur message should not be visible, dont use scrapbook, use sebd message option...

Don't ssay, orkut sucks.
Excess use of everything is bad, who are spending there whole day, they have to think about it.
If orkuck get closed, they will surf any other sites to see pics and other what they see on Orkut.

Orkut is basically a community site, and very very good, is you use it like this way...

Please let me know, if you people agree with me or not.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Yep...i too met sooooo many of my old friends.

But people spend lotta time scraping shero-shairi to each other n that is damn disgusting..

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
q3_abhi said:
But people spend lotta time scraping shero-shairi to each other n that is damn disgusting..

New Poll : Should people who spend lotta time scraping shero-shairi to each other be taken down?

crownabhisek

Broken In
Well, i don't know, but one of my friend is a member at orkut.com. And he tells that the site is very good. I have never been to orkut.com.

S

sariq

i like orkut becaz' - i can peep into someones privacy by reading his/her scraps :-D when i have spare time to waste - i goto orkut and read somebody's scraps :-D is there any other way to timepass :-D

my suggestions:
1. scrap books should be removed from orkut - messeges are better option which can be used in place of scraps.
2. comunity forums should be removed from orkut - where everybody discuss same topic every 3rd day, without any moderator, with 50% spams, without search options

adit_sen

In the zone
I know people who use the orkut scrapbook to 'chat' whit each othen though both of them are online at the same time in an instant messenger. But then again I've gotten in touch with soooo many of my old friends, people who i'd never thought i would ever reach again!!! So it has its advantages and disadvantages....

mediator

Technomancer
^^Huh...Nice point! Though most of em r online on instant messengers too they r mostly invisible and the ones who r visible but still communicating via scrap r even bigger phreaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom