SE W890i - Does It Beat N73 & K810i ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
hii guys.

i read lots and lots of reviews before posting this.
And I found 1 common thing.

On one side, almost all "reviews" gave a fantastic image of w910i and claimed it to be one of the best buys.
On the contrary, almost 70% of user reviews claimed that their w910i had hanging/restarting problems.

I had almost made up my mind to get this phone.
Now it seems I'll be getting a N73 ME ...

I hope I am taking the right decision.

Last edited:

dtox

The Techno Perv
hii guys.

i read lots and lots of reviews before posting this.
And I found 1 common thing.

On one side, almost all "reviews" gave a fantastic image of w910i and claimed it to be one of the best buys.
On the contrary, almost 70% of user reviews claimed that their w910i had hanging/restarting problems.

I had almost made up my mind to get this phone.
Now it seems I'll be getting a N73 ME ...

I hope I am taking the right decision.

wats wrong wit w890i? as far as hanging issues go, n73 is the king of all!! dunno if its fixed in the new firmware, and if it is, then SE shd be out wit a firmware update too that shd fix 910i hanging issues..

walkmanguru

Broken In
I had w910i lagging problems but after updating with SUES, its fine...

W910i has hotkey to view images (2 buttons above screen), I bet your N73 dont have this...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ No N73 doesn't have two buttons above the display. It has one button on the right to launch the Gallery.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I have heard N73 giving better pictures than K790i when you adjust settings like ISO etc.
In default settings K790i is good.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AFAIK both K790i and K810i have same hardware, including the camera. :)
Yeah, hardware is almost the same. But not exactly same.:D

K790i has EDGE whereas K810i has UMTS (3g) and also a better battery as SE claims...
K810i also has Photo Fix which improves upon the photo quality and also a better Camera driver. Plus, K810i also has Track ID and Video Calling. But it lacks PicBridge which K790i has.......:D

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
The camera quality is quite a debatable issue.
I've always believed that SE produces the best camera phones.
But, this review says something else : *www.tech2.com/india/topstuff/multi...dget-wars-mobile-cameras-n73-vs.-k790i/4173/0

Secondly, I like the flash themes in SE phones which is present only in W-series (I didn't know about this before).

I was preferring SE K810i only for 2 reasons.
1. Better Cam
2. Flash Themes

Now, since 1st issue is debatable and 2nd one is not present in k810i , I don't find a reason to buy K810i.

As far as w910i is concerned, the camera has really disappointed me (and many others too) .
Plus, the "shake-me" feature to change songs is totally useless.
I won't spend 15k just for the motion sensor.
And as I am not really a music buff, walkman does not make a "huge" difference to me.

Now, since I always believed in "all-in-one" kind of phones, the N73 ME gets the first preference in my mind.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
K810i or N73 ME - Which one should be bought? This is definitely a difficult decision to make.

But, I have the feeling that keeping future trends in mind, one should go for a smartphone having a Symbian OS which N73 ME has..

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
^^^^ Yups, exactly.
That's what I said in my last post.

One more thing guys,
Can you all tell me about w830i.
Though it belongs to the same price segment I've read/heard very little about it.
I can only tell that it has "fantastic" looks.
But, what about the rest of the features ???

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
One more thing guys,
Can you all tell me about w830i.
Though it belongs to the same price segment I've read/heard very little about it.
I can only tell that it has "fantastic" looks.
But, what about the rest of the features ???
W830i has a 2mp camera with Flash. Its a Walkman phone but still it lacks Walkman player. It has EDGE but it isn't 3g (lacks UMTS and Video Call). And it doesn't have A2DP....

It has a twin bro called W850i.
W850i also has a 2mp camera with flash but it also lacks Walkman player. Its 3g but it lacks EDGE and yeah it has A2DP....

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
@gourav - I think that u must go 4 N73 ME...I am also in favor of it now after reading the link that u had posted...N73 ME's shots have come out 2 b brighter than K810is...

Music wise N73 ME is definitely better than K810i already...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
i hear someone say .. se produces the best camera phones .. i think someone should go and check out " n82 " .. and its not even a camera phone as such,but a smart phone ..

as for the topic goes .. k790i and k810i has same exact camera hardware .. software may be different ..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^yea thats the k850 won the best cellphone award from engadget..both readers and editors...things have changed dude..new and better firmwares have come up for the k850 and it beats n82 any day

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
yup dude.. u are the only guy who seems to find k850i better than n82 .. even new n82 firmware is out for ur kind info ..

dont want to get in any bekar debate about which is better ..ur happy with ur se great .. i am very much satisfied with my n82 8gb ..

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey yogi7272, tell me how is ur experience with N82.. I am planning 2 buy one soon dude...Should I go 4 it without any problems...

How much did u get it 4????

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
superb phone ... one time investment .. no need for any phone for atleast 2yrs .. got it for 23.8 k in late dec .. now costs 19.5 k something .. get it .. nothing to worry about ..got 8gb sandisk micro sd recently for 2.4k with micro card reader .. working superbly ..and mind u n82 has 32 gb card capacity in theroy ..right now upto 16gb are out ..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^^yea thats the k850 won the best cellphone award from engadget..both readers and editors...things have changed dude..new and better firmwares have come up for the k850 and it beats n82 any day
Is it so difficult for you to grasp the fact that when K850i won that award it wasn't competing against N82? How many times do I have to tell this that these two phone were in difficult categories? If Shahrukh Khan was nominated for Best Actor and he won and Aamir Khan was nominated for Best Director and he didn't won, does that make Shahrukh better than Aamir?

As for K850i being better than N82, that is a major lie. N82 beats K850i black and blue in each and every aspect. There is nothing in K850i that is better than N82. Its a simple fact; You pay less, you get less.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
yup dude.. u are the only guy who seems to find k850i better than n82 .. even new n82 firmware is out for ur kind info ..

dont want to get in any bekar debate about which is better ..ur happy with ur se great .. i am very much satisfied with my n82 8gb ..

yup..me,engadget and their readers.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom