SE W890i - Does It Beat N73 & K810i ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
On second thought, I might have gone for W910i because of bigger display and motion sensor. They cost the same too. I don't really care about camera now.

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
thats wat going on my mind again and again.

it seems to be the toughest job finding the right phone for you.

btw, i am still inclined towards k810i.
its camera and looks makes up for the music part.
rest, i believe its a good phone overall.

tell me 1 thing guys,
K810i, in not a walkman phone.
but, still, how is its music quality.
i mean, i am not quite a music buff.
so, does it provide at least "average" sound quality in terms of both loudness and clarity ???

I found this para in the review of K810i by phonearena. Can anyone explain this to me :

Just like the rest of the new phones of this manufacturer (including К800), which are not smartphones (Symbian OS), К810 uses the standard software without any serious innovations. Unlike the Walkman phones, the Flash-animated themes, which change the image drastically and are much cooler than the standard one, which change only their colors and pictures and not the icons, are not maintained here.

Last edited:

dtox

The Techno Perv
thats wat going on my mind again and again.

tell me 1 thing guys,
K810i, in not a walkman phone.
but, still, how is its music quality.
i mean, i am not quite a music buff.
so, does it provide at least "average" sound quality in terms of both loudness and clarity ???

sound is as good as the walkman phones.. only the megabass present in walkman series wud be missing, else the quality is pretty much the same.. moreover, u can increase the sound quality by applying custom patches (though it wont add megabass) ..however.. k810i DOES LACK EDGE..

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
I found this para in the review of K810i by phonearena. Can anyone explain this to me :

Quote:
Just like the rest of the new phones of this manufacturer (including К800), which are not smartphones (Symbian OS), К810 uses the standard software without any serious innovations. Unlike the Walkman phones, the Flash-animated themes, which change the image drastically and are much cooler than the standard one, which change only their colors and pictures and not the icons, are not maintained here.]

Anyone to answer this ... ??

dtox

The Techno Perv
^^ Yup.. flash themes are not supported by k750,790, 800, 810i.. only walkman brands support flash themes.. if u dont kno wat flash themes are, check out this video: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtzrVT5Xbo

in the above models, u wil have standard menus and not flash ones..

walkmanguru

Broken In
w890i has tinny volume and no motion sensor...
w910i has moton sensor and good sound...

see video at *walkmanguru.com

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
yea...u can also go for the w910..the w910 is also the GSMA mobile of the year 2007...looks good too..

yea..u can go for the k810 obviously...its good phone and sound quality is at par with walkman phones...lacks megabass..but u can makeup for that with the manual equalizer...btw the w910 and w890 are on the a200 platform and has an optional wifi enabloer available for it shortly..

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
w890i has tinny volume and no motion sensor...
w910i has moton sensor and good sound...
*walkmanguru.com

w890i has 3.2 mp camera but w910i has only 2mp.
(though both don't have flash, i guess).

secondly, w890i has more ram. That means it's certainly faster.

then why is it that you guys are preferring w910i ???

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
arre its just differnt..and has the shake feature to it..u know..like shaking the phone to change tracks..u can also play motion sensored games in it...and auto rotation...a few gimmicks..else both of them are the same..and the w910 is a slider..both have the same walkman player....if u dont mind the accelerometer..go for the w890

walkmanguru

Broken In
because

- camera quailty is almost same.
- w910i is louder
- w910i has larger sexier screen.
- w880i doesnt have motion sensor(no shake control). see this video how cool motion sensor can be

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=atWxSJDB_nw

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
because

- camera quailty is almost same.
- w910i is louder
- w910i has larger sexier screen.
- w880i doesnt have motion sensor(no shake control). see this video how cool motion sensor can be

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=atWxSJDB_nw
Camera quality is same but not the resolution. W890 is 3.2mp.

@gourav
As far as I feel, go for W890 if you want a small, sleek & sexy phone.

If you really need that Shake control and a bigger screen, then go for W910.

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
look, you all are talking about the shake control but in reality it has no use.
1st unlocking the keypad, then pressing the shake control button and then shaking the phone to change the song is far more complicated then simply pressing the next/previous button.

But, yes, I do agree that the motion sensor is the best part of it.

Now, let me decide weather to go for W910i or K810i .
Actually, even I cant figure out weather I want the 3.2 mp cybershot camera or the walkman phone with motion sensor ???

dtox

The Techno Perv
look.. for me, shake control is useless.. coz it requires u to press a button and then shake the fone to change the song (atleast thats the case with w580i).. y not just press the skip song button directly?? honestly makes no sense to me.. motion sensor?.. hmm thats something interesting..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
If you're confused between all these SE phones, then just close your eyes and get a Nokia N73 ME:D. Big display, great camera, good music and Symbian OS. Perfect all-round phone.

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
If you're confused between all these SE phones, then just close your eyes and get a Nokia N73 ME:D. Big display, great camera, good music and Symbian OS. Perfect all-round phone.

You do seem a great fan of Nokia.
Even I like nokia phones but I am looking for a "feature" phone and not just a brand name.
Nokia N73 ME is no doubt a great phone. But then, it has got too common these days.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I suggested N73 ME to you because of its merits and because it has got good features and performance, and NOT because of some brand name. If I had to recommend a Nokia phone, I'd have recommended a 6500 Slide or something similar. But I avoided that since 6500 Slide is nowhere close to N73 in terms of performance. Also recommending N73 doesn't necessarily make me a Nokia fanboy. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
You do seem a great fan of Nokia.
Even I like nokia phones but I am looking for a "feature" phone and not just a brand name.
Nokia N73 ME is no doubt a great phone. But then, it has got too common these days.

You are not buying a phone because it's common??
If that's the case get some chinese model which won't be common.So you can brag about only you having it. :cool:

Mine vote also goes for N73,again not being a Nokia fanboy but it being a classic phone.

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
okey ... u guys are not nokia fanboys.

but i still prefer k810i over n73 me.
reasons :
810i looks better to me.
and has fantastic cam.

Pathik

Google Bot
N73me better than k810i
reasons:
symbian
bigger screen
better cam (debatable)
better speakers
cheaper memory expansion
edge+3g both
looks better to me

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
oh my god..this guy does not want an n73...now whos acting fanboy-ish??check ur comments before u act...i suggest since u dont want the camera part that much..w890 or the w910 will do just as good..the w910 is one of the loudest phones ever..louder than any nokia phone on market..check gsmarena's speaker test..as per looks..k810 is a thick slab that looks far from elegant..elegance is sumthing SE specializes in...an SE phone has always been a looker and will remain so...xcept for symbian i dont find the n73 to be hugely great in any respect...

i suggest..leave the k810 if u dont want a great cam and get the w910/w890...great phones and based on the latest a200 platform..or wait for the w760 which shall feature the accelerometer too..with a 3.2 mp cam..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom