SE W890i - Does It Beat N73 & K810i ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Hii friends.

I just read a review of SE W890i in techtree ( *www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Sony_Ericsson_W890i/551-88491-614.html
) .

Well, I really liked the phone and felt if it could beat the N73 ME or K810i ?
We already had a long discussion on N73 vs K810i but this phone (W890i) looks promising too.

Only negative points are lack of flash and auto focus.

Perhaps we could carry a better discussion here ...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its camera can't beat K810i and N73 due to the lack of Flash and Auto Focus. It has been a big mistake by SE but still I love it.

As far music playback and features is concerned, it pawns N73 and K810.

It has HSDPA which is lacked by both K810 and N73. It has EDGE which is lacked by K810.

I'm going to get it in May.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
In my opinion it doesn't beat K810i and N73 ME..K810i has xenon flash whereas W890i lacks flash...So, K810i's camera is definitely better than W890i's camera...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ If we look at its Musical quality and other features like HSDPA, it does beat K810 and N73 ME.

And its form factor is great. I think SE left out Flash to prevent it to be thick....

Anyways, when I get this, I'll definitely post a Review......

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Well I am referring to the "overall" phone and just camera or music alone.

All I can say is that, it has a great form factor.
I am still amazed at its slimness.

Moreover, I am planning to get a phone (probably K810i) on this 28th.
So, would W890i be a better buy ??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moreover, I am planning to get a phone (probably K810i) on this 28th.
So, would W890i be a better buy ??
If you can compromise the great camera quality of K810 for the great music quality of W890, then W890 is a better buy.

As I had mentioned earlier, W890 has HSDPA (kind of future investment) and EDGE which is important if you're going to use it for fast Internet browsing. Do you need EDGE?

W890 is not having a good camera, but atleast its okay for me.

If you need EDGE and music, then W890 is for you.

But I think modding the drivers of K810 for better music playback will be a nice idea as then you'll be having both a decent music quality and great camera. Moreover, K810 has Track ID which is mainly found in Walkman phones, but still it has.

Better go for K810 and mod its sound drivers. Modding does void warranty but if you switch back to the original drivers, then you regain the warranty.

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
well, i want a "all-in-one" kind of a phone.
and as I am not quite a music buff. I had decided to go for K810i as it was the best option in my budget.

Also, I am not going to mod my phone. Making the warranty void does not make any sense to me.

Now, I have never used mobile internet before but I plan to use it next month onwards.
I'll be using gprs for accessing internet.
So, will W890i give a better speed than K810i ?

I can compromise on the camera part, provided that I do get something better that K810i.
Certainly, W890i has better looks (At least it seems so).
And W890i also has fantastic music (as it's a walkman phone).

But wat about the rest of the features ?

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I have decided 2 go for N82..It is expensive at the present moment..I will wait for 3-4 months and then get it..Prices may fall a little by that time...

N82 is a complete phone...The "all in one" kind of a phone as u want...It is also future proof for another 3-4 years(Xenon flash, auto focus, 5 MP, Wifi, GPS, 3G, Edge)...U invest 2day and then enjoy it 4 3-4 years and then sell it and get a phone again according 2 the latest technology prevalent at that time...

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
N82 is no doubt one of the best mobile phones in the market.
But, it is way more than my budget.

I am looking for a phone around 13k and can extend upto 15k if I really like the cell. But not more than that.

Secondly, I usually keep changing my cell and won't use it for more than 1 or 2 years.

Thats y N82 is out of the question.

Now I want to know which is a better buy - K810i or W890i ???

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
nopes..go for the w890..let me list a few facts which shall help u decide

connectivity-w890 has hspda,edge,gprs and 3g..future proof connectivity..k810 has only 3g and gprs

camera-k810 is obviously better but the w890 can take some great shots at good lighting conditions...very good for that matter.check out esato for pics taken by the w890

music-no phone comes twice as close..walkman 3 player with sense me,auto playlists,timeline sort etc etc..makes it one of the best in the market..sound quality..its a walkman

form factor-10 mm thick...hmm...

looks-comes in three colors-silver,mocha and black..metallic cover.has a great sturdy feel to it

waht more do u want??..it only lacks in the cam department..i as a matter of fact..even tho i have the k850 i hardly use the cam...most peaple dont for that matter...

great phone..and at 14k..its a steal..

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
sure, your post is enough tempting to get a w890i .

Let me get sum more support from the forum before i change my mind from k810i to w890i ...

dtox

The Techno Perv
good good.. i m planning to buy w890 this saturday.. was gonna start another thread for it!! can ne1 tell me indian price?? or more specifically in pune?? n where to get it??

and gourav.. buy w890.. i hav done enuf research myself to kno hw good it really is!! but then again its a matter of personal preference.. but +1 from me for w890

Pathik

Google Bot
If u dont need symbian support then go for the w890 right away. Btw rarely does se come up with a fone wit both edge and 3g. :D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I personally find the phone to be quite good. It has nice, balanced feature set and manages to contain it within a slim body. I cant really compare it with N73 since they are aimed at different customers but I do find it to be a better buy compared to K810. I'd have still gone for N73 because I prefer to have a smartphone. But if that had not been the case, I'd have chosen W890i.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
check out the reviews for the phone..really rock..esp the one by phonearena...brilliant feature phone...if ur not into symbian..get this one..eyes closed..btw i prefer the color mocha...different and sexy..

the indian price is 14k..check out any store..

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
i don't need a symbian phone.
I am only looking for a good SE phone.
My primary choices are: K810i, W910i and W890i .

Anyways, most of you preferred W890i over K810i but none actually gave a justification for his/her choice ... Quite unfair !!!

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
i wrote u a whole column...its has everything except symbian...great battery life..awesum music..metallic finish..it pawns every phone on market

dtox

The Techno Perv
i don't need a symbian phone.
I am only looking for a good SE phone.
My primary choices are: K810i, W910i and W890i .

Anyways, most of you preferred W890i over K810i but none actually gave a justification for his/her choice ... Quite unfair !!!

read the entire thread again...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom