*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

lm2k

Journeyman
GOD is ultimate

whatever we mortals do and see is His will and there is nothing beyond it .
those who don't accept this ,u will surely get a experience in u r life that will prove God is there watching every one.
This whole universe sings His glory we humans are the one who are closed among the walls of our reasoning and arrogance just like blind-deaf and dumb.

a month back one of my friend gave me this book worth reading.

jsm17

Broken In
both
the first step to answer this question would be to define god and science
i wonder if anyone has a clear definition of both

@the ones who believe in science and not god
so u know eveything?

@the ones who believe in god
how can u be so sure

:grin:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
putaparthi sai baba is hospitalized

hope he recovers...its not important he is god or not...but he has done lot of good things to humanity

amitash

Intel OCer
Each and every truth that science has discovered, and will ever discover, is already mentioned in Vedas

So we can safely assume that the vedas are 100% correct and will never ever come into question? Is'nt that kinda blind? I think nothing in the world is completely confirmed like that.. I don't really know what things are in the vedas but Ithink its safe to say that anything, be it religious "truths" or scientific "facts" can always come into question and be proved, re-proved or disproved.. I think it is not right to make such a huge assumption like the one quoted.

Also guys, your comments on this: " I am an atheist because I dont need a God to heal my mental pains and fear of the unknown"

mediator

Technomancer
amitash said:
So we can safely assume that the vedas are 100% correct and will never ever come into question? Is'nt that kinda blind?
Agreed. Everything stands to be questioned and hence the rigvedic hymn of creation and detachment, a major principle promoted by Vedas which leads to questioning of ones own beliefs.

Faun said:
agree, how can you guys believe in interpretations over centuries ?
Thats like denying the interpretations without even reading them based on an assumption that old is rotten. Indians knew about the roundedness of earth and motion of the planet long before west came out with the flat earth theory which was imposed on the whole world and preached in our NCERT that "everybody thought earth was flat". Thats a gross insult to the Indians and ignoring of Indian knowledge!

doomgiver

Warframe
Also guys, your comments on this: " I am an atheist because I dont need a God to heal my mental pains and fear of the unknown"
this is why the whole concept of religion was created by trolls so they could troll while they troll, and make money out of it. religion is the oldest, richest and most unproductive job in the history of mankind. i dont need a god to tell myself that im safe. i dont need a god to survive. i dont need a god to help me eat, see, talk or sh!t.

^^Then God is a troll.
this is like the redeemer, one hit, over 9000 kills

both
science+god=scienod
seriously, WHAT?!?!
science is based on HARD facts and theories taht can be tested out.
god is nothing but a figment of the imagination implanted into our brains since we are born.

if god was similar to science, "miracles" would be reproducible.
and miracles affect only the few.

what about the others? where do they go?
while 1 guy gets his sight back, waht about the tens of thousands of other blind?

doomgiver

Warframe
your post count is not going anywhere with that random gibberish.
show me something that has zero volume and infinite mass, and i will show you a spork made of cake

Neuron

Electronic.
If it's the density part then I was talking about the concept 'Singularity' or if it's the spoon part,then you should see the movie 'The Matrix'.

doomgiver

Warframe
neither of them have anything to do with the current discussion.
singularity is a concept which is highly theoretical in nature. you cannot put it in any other terms. even the best physicists have trouble interpreting and analysing it.

there is no spoon, as there is no matrix.

i donot understand why you posted in this discussion. i see no link between the matrix and singularity and science and god

Neuron

Electronic.
What I meant is that if an illogical concept like 'zero volume - infinite density' is theoretically true(I'm not trying to state that the theory is wrong),then you don't have much reason to reject an idea saying that its illogical.(The concept of Maya taken as an example).Also by illogical,I mean beyond logic.

Top Bottom