*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

mediator

Technomancer
@Ico : Yeah, feels like home! I hope you are fine. :)
@Rahim : Good to see you too buddy :) . Differences of the past aside, please don't miscomprehend me on my differences between abrahamic and non-abrahamic. You may correct me anywhere you like :)

Good to see some of the old members still there :)

pauldmps

Banned
So the thread is bumped up yet again.

I didn't fully get the post above Ico's but I'll assume that he's on science's side.

I think I should share some of my "divine" knowledge.

Being a science student myself, I believe in God only during the exams!

Now this is not a funny statement. You'll have to realize that sometimes people need mental support. The belief that there is someone who is looking over you in the toughest times of your life. This creates hope which helps in coping up with the situation. Thus God is only a mental belief & its role ends here. Period.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
So the thread is bumped up yet again.

I didn't fully get the post above Ico's but I'll assume that he's on science's side.

I think I should share some of my "divine" knowledge.

Being a science student myself, I believe in God only during the exams!

Now this is not a funny statement. You'll have to realize that sometimes people need mental support. The belief that there is someone who is looking over you in the toughest times of your life. This creates hope which helps in coping up with the situation. Thus God is only a mental belief & its role ends here. Period.

Answer for all these theories and debates. A simple explanation which deserves a :clap2:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Mediator, u put life to this dead thead again. U R GOD! :-D

The link doesn't state, that they created "life", but artificial life.
So life and artificial life is different?

I don't know what is called life. Like the clisched question I'm also searching (not what is the meaning of life) but how life is created and WHAT is life, what does it mean staying alive? what does it mean staying dead?

The experiment I quoted sure explained how a self replicating cell can be created. The y got the whole 100% structure of a genome and now able to reconstruct (design) it in computer too. Someday the experimet would go beyond bacteria to animals even human too.

I'm not going to cross question you about abrahamic god and non-abrahamic god. Few topics u discussed there seemed to be irrelevent to me.

Why do you do things you do? Do you think things you are saying are never said before, do you think things you are doing are never done or tried before? What drives us to do something and not to do?

Simply I won't accept "God's will" or "God wanted me to do so" kind of answer.

Science would say (or I think it should be like this) some actions are our reflex action, some are driven by our hormones, some are what we have learned till date seeing others.

Then what do "I" do here? Nothing but replicating, spreading like virus... however intelligent we are, however big or small philosophical questions we ask or answer; if you sum it up we execute some very basic steps in our life (survive and spread) and die.

Who cares if there is God or not.

I think the above post had become totally out-of-topic of this thread.

utkarsh009

In the zone
God is a belief which prevents you from going wrong. it increases your "vivek" and strengthen you from inside. so one must believe on god. the cruel rituals are totally made by humans and have no relation with god. so believe in god but not cruel rituals.

mediator

Technomancer
@Rhitwick : Modern science doesn't give you much answer related to life. It is stuck into material boundaries and thats why the ideas from Indian scriptures are revolutionising the west today, as in India science went hand in hand with spirituality. Some say life is basic energy and some that it is mode of conciousness which becomes life when it mixes with maya/prakriti which is always changing or dynamic. Thus even though energy or consciousness are infinite, they become finite when they merge with maya which is an aspect of prakriti.

What is the guarantee you were the same person before?
A second before mentally, you had different thoughts lesser knowledge/awareness etc. Chemically you exchange millions of molecules per second with the nature i.e breathe(exhale), fart, excrete, perspire etc and breathe(inhale), eat, drink, eat etc. Physically, you are not the same Rhitwick who existed some 5 years ago. Your weight, height, breadth, face and even complexion might have changed! Well this what we call as Maya, a concept! It doesn't mean that world doesn't exist.

Yes life and artificial life is different and robotocs is an entirely different thing. So how can you create energy, how can you create consciousness? In terms of physics, energy can neither be destroyed nor created. Even during procreation, you are "sacrificing" your sperm which consists of basic consciousness or "life" into a female. This nature itself is said to be conscious by many which explains why a lifeless old seed which is nothing but a chemical composition can germinate under favourable conditions and show signs of "life".

The universe doesn't have just a material angle which is questioned by the rigvedic hymn of creation.

rhitwick said:
Why do you do things you do? Do you think things you are saying are never said before, do you think things you are doing are never done or tried before? What drives us to do something and not to do?
When you ask "why", then it becomes philosophy. You cannot understand these things if you are just stuck to material science. Modern science cannot find the depth of universe as it would become a recursive question for boundaries and the 'source'. By source I don't mean a white bearded god playing dice with our lives!

rhitwick said:
Simply I won't accept "God's will" or "God wanted me to do so" kind of answer.

Science would say (or I think it should be like this) some actions are our reflex action, some are driven by our hormones, some are what we have learned till date seeing others.
I am not asking you to accept abrahamic faiths (like God's will) which force their "belief" on you. Since you asked questions about "why life", you can ask similar questions at macroscopic and microscopic levels too as to why reflexes work, why harmones work like that? Can you verify the m-theory, string theory? can you verify the universe itself? Thus material science has its limitations as the tools we use are only an extension of our senses.

Some philosphers equate this universe with the human mind. In deep sleep state (dreamless), there is nothing. Its total emptiness. You cannot measure its depth, the start but only experience it. But when you get a conscious thought, that thought multiplies and you can create a whole dream. You may be a part of that dream or may be not. Sometimes, when the dream gets out of control you manifest "will" to control the dream or perhaps wakeup which destroys that dream.

Similarly, in Indian context we have the concept of bhrahman (not the "modern white bearded diety") who is a personification of supreme consciousness who is said to have sprung from Vishnu's navel i.e the unconscious aspect of the universe, dreaming of many other bhramans. Its only a concept. Can we go back and read the string theory, m-theory and the parallel universes? :)

You may ponder over it or you may not! Like Gita (18.63), Vedas also do not force anything on you. Further, "detachment" is a part of Indian scriptures to gain complete knowledge.

rhitwick said:
The experiment I quoted sure explained how a self replicating cell can be created. The y got the whole 100% structure of a genome and now able to reconstruct (design) it in computer too.
Yes the experiment shows about self replication. But you haven't understood the experiment. It doesn't say it creates life, but a designed/chemically made genome transplanted into the recipient cell and cell is the smallest unit of life! It is analogous to properties being transplanted into a 'working life'.

rhitwick said:
Someday the experimet would go beyond bacteria to animals even human too.
May be or may be not! When you start "believing" in science, it becomes analogous to "theism" and when that attachment to knowledge comes into picture, a person starts losing his objectivity. You need to read the articles I linked before, decondition yourself from the western world views to understand the Indian concepts better. Some terms like dharma, astik, deva etc have been grossly misunderstood and even negate the meaning of the established english terminology when translated into english.

A child born in this world only sees the nature. He sees the sun, he can feel its heat, smell the water. He doesn't know what god is. This is something that west has conditioned on us and even Indians have a distorted view now. IMO, it would be wise if you stop wasting your time on theism, western god who is a personal god who dictated a set of DOs and DONTs, hate and fear etc. Indians never knew what god is, for them the nature (Sun, moon, water, air, fire, earth, plants, trees, rivers etc) was divine as it constituted their living "surya-dev" was a personification of surya. And hence, "deva" is just a concept which is a part of ultimate reality.

The westerners distorted it as polytheism and forced their monotheistic personal god (which is subjective) on others! Thus any term related to *theism i.e polytheism, atheism, theism, monotheism etc is western and much inferior conceptually.

Anyways, you are right this discussion is out of track or may be I'm out of track as I don't have any interest in western or abrahamic beliefs or its rivalry with modern material science. The common thing between both is that both are "limited" and they limit the infinite human mind which has the ability to comprehend much much more. :(

I didn't see the date, so sorry for bumping this thread :D ....lets bury it again

utkarsh said:
God is a belief which prevents you from going wrong. it increases your "vivek"
Beliefs don't increase your "vivek". Had it been the case, Indians would be free from superstitions and blind beliefs today. Following are some of the resulting statements because of some of the beliefs :

* Science will solve all our problems one day
* Science will find it tomorrow if not today
* Tuesday is the day for HanumanJi/Sai baba etc. I wonder if Hanuman knew what tuesday was or which day universe started.
* We should sit in a particular direction of Kabba. Well we have a direction too in this directionless universe!
* Slaughter of Goat on bakri-id to appease Allah. Well story started with Allah's command to Mohammed to slaughter his son and when he opened eyes their was a sheep. Here even belief is not believed properly because as per belief muslims should be slaughtering their sons to see if sheep comes.
* A black cat crossing your path is bad luck
* Flat earth that came from bible and the west.

Surely it is only described as a mode of lower consciousness and not "vivek".

utkarsh009

In the zone
@mediator: first of all i am a hindu so i dont know much about beliefs in other religion but for 3rd point: association of gods with days is just a way to include healthy habits at least one in a week. now please dont drag me in a debate as i dont like arguing on such topics. science and god are totally different things. what does science want to say about non-existance of god? god is not a creature!!!!!!. it is a form of belief.

mediator

Technomancer
@Utkarsh :

If you are a hindu, then you must understand that the ultimate reality is formless, unmanifested, unborn, impersonal (shruti). If you associate gods with days, then it is only subjective. Who taught you these things? Is it your parents? From your post, I can tell that you have neither read the upanishads nor have any knowledge on the Veda. You may be born in a hindu family, but the essence of science and spirituality is absent in your understanding.

Belief is a central tenet of a religion. Hence, what you do is subjective. It certainly is not a part of the Hinduism. Holistic healthy eating habits can be developed by knowledge and by controlling your mind. Why set beliefs for such simple things and why follow the ones which are not yours anyways?

utkarsh said:
what does science want to say about non-existance of god? god is not a creature!!!!!!. it is a form of belief.
On one hand you say you are a hindu and on other your belief is borrowed from abrahamic religions. According to Hinduism (shruti), Indra, surya, agni etc are not beliefs but manifestations of the ultimate reality for different roles and bhraman the underlying concept which encompasses the field of consciousness and everything. Its not a belief! Why don't you read the upanishads alone? :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
mediator;1357405 What is the guarantee you were the same person before? A second before mentally said:
Well science explained it as cell division. So, philosophically and scientifically a human body does not stay the same it was in the beginning.

Some informative links:
Cell division - WormBook - NCBI Bookshelf

And, how do we still remember things if our cells are replaced constantly,
Telomere - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes life and artificial life is different and robotocs is an entirely different thing. So how can you create energy, how can you create consciousness? In terms of physics, energy can neither be destroyed nor created. Even during procreation, you are "sacrificing" your sperm which consists of basic consciousness or "life" into a female. This nature itself is said to be conscious by many which explains why a lifeless old seed which is nothing but a chemical composition can germinate under favourable conditions and show signs of "life".
and
Yes the experiment shows about self replication. But you haven't understood the experiment. It doesn't say it creates life, but a designed/chemically made genome transplanted into the recipient cell and cell is the smallest unit of life! It is analogous to properties being transplanted into a 'working life'.

The moment I saw u highlighted "recipient cell" I knew what you would come to next.
YES, they used recipient cell, in ur terms a pre-existing cell which was "alive". Well, can you say if a cell is dead or alive by any means? A cell is just a cell. a non-living object. (Even leagally speaking, abortions is allowed till the embrio is less than 4 months old as its scientifially proved that till 4months the embrio does not gain consciousness, hence abortion is not killing till its 4months.) Well I've gone way off-topic. I just wanted to tell you that you can not claim a cell as alive. What you can claim and I would accept that they have not created the reciepient cell too in lab artificially. Agreed.

What they did is they designed the genome artificillay from all abiotic elements. Placed it in the recipient cell.

The synthetic cell is called Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0 and is the proof of principle that genomes can be designed in the computer, chemically made in the laboratory and transplanted into a recipient cell to produce a new self-replicating cell controlled only by the synthetic genome.
LINK

In philosophical terms, they have put soul to an empty body. Soul (genome) is what controls the body (cell).

Thus material science has its limitations as the tools we use are only an extension of our senses.

I was arguing with one of friend (a very very very much believer in God). He also came up with this "beyond sense" thing. He was so sure and so convinced that the ultimate object (God) can not be experienced by our limited senses, I asked how could he say so? Has he experienced beyond sense? Can he describe it? (well I'm auguing with him since last 9 years, he never buzzed from his point of view and neither me :-D Now-a-days he says he has started doubting things.)
Why does it always have to be like this, if you can't explain something related to God, you say this can't be explained by our limited vision, knowledge and sense? How do u say so? What is the base of your comment? "I say if there is, it has an explanation". And the explanation has to be done with the means and help by the tools we use or senses we have.

Some philosphers equate this universe with the human mind. In deep sleep state (dreamless), there is nothing. Its total emptiness. You cannot measure its depth, the start but only experience it. But when you get a conscious thought, that thought multiplies and you can create a whole dream. You may be a part of that dream or may be not. Sometimes, when the dream gets out of control you manifest "will" to control the dream or perhaps wakeup which destroys that dream.

Similarly, in Indian context we have the concept of bhrahman (not the "modern white bearded diety") who is a personification of supreme consciousness who is said to have sprung from Vishnu's navel i.e the unconscious aspect of the universe, dreaming of many other bhramans. Its only a concept. Can we go back and read the string theory, m-theory and the parallel universes? :)

Total Inception!!! Did not get any head or tail of it.
b/w found all these theories related to dreams.
Why Do We Dream - Theories of Why We Dream
The expectation fulfilment theory of dreaming

May be or may be not! When you start "believing" in science, it becomes analogous to "theism" and when that attachment to knowledge comes into picture, a person starts losing his objectivity.
Hmmm, this is something serious. I started with an open mind. I made it clear to myself that I would accept things only if they come with strong background info and logic. My motto became "I'm right till I'm proven wrong". I don't know if I anymore possess the open mind, I sometimes wonder am I turning into a science "believer" which is dangerous too.

I don't know what or how would I react if someday its proved (with logic and reasons) that GOD do exist? Would I able keep my cool, accept with open mind or be stubborn to buzz from my old beliefs.

What would you do if its proved that GOD does not exist? Everything is and can be explained, can be put into a pattern and made a formula to replicate. Accept or retaliate?

from the western world views to understand the Indian concepts better.
Seriously, the debate was never western beliefs vs. indian beliefs. Neither I ever told my opinions are influenced by wetern beliefs. If my providing links having western origin made you do such conclusion, then I would like to say that I did not find a suitable link explaining properly things originating from India.

To me it was always GOD(one or 34 crore) vs. Science. I hate the concept of one God as much as I hate the concept 34crore gods we have in India.

A child born in this world only sees the nature. He sees the sun, he can feel its heat, smell the water. He doesn't know what god is. This is something that west has conditioned on us and even Indians have a distorted view now.

I did not get it! What is the distorted view here?!!!

IMO, it would be wise if you stop wasting your time on theism, western god who is a personal god who dictated a set of DOs and DONTs, hate and fear etc. Indians never knew what god is, for them the nature (Sun, moon, water, air, fire, earth, plants, trees, rivers etc) was divine as it constituted their living "surya-dev" was a personification of surya.

Agreed. Even I believe this is how God has started earlier. But soon, some highly imaginative person started telling stories containg the different Gods and later those became scriptures or base of God system.

Sun, moon, water, wind, fire were unexplained to men (not only in India but everywhere men inahbitated). They wondered about the unmatched and unexplained power of these objects. Not only did Indians imagined these as some highly powered beings look at Greece, Mayan, Inka etc. They all do pose or contain Gods related or symboling such objects.
The general curiosity and fear of unknown made men to develop such stories which as time passed by became the foundation stone of such bullshits.

And hence, "deva" is just a concept which is a part of ultimate reality.
Disagreed.

The westerners distorted it as polytheism and forced their monotheistic personal god (which is subjective) on others! Thus any term related to *theism i.e polytheism, atheism, theism, monotheism etc is western and much inferior conceptually.
Very weak logic. Do you really think you wrote those on your own. I consider you providing very strong logics and reasons. But those are....

I didn't see the date, so sorry for bumping this thread :D ....lets bury it again

Oh, come on!!! My idle brain gets some excercise in it. (Like I re-read about miosis and cytokinesis, telomera today :D )

Someday I would write what I think on why we do things we do.

mediator

Technomancer
@rhitwick :

I don't know where you are picking the fundamental definitions on something simple as cell from, but cell is the basic functional unit of life. As a follower of modern science, you should have known that. Would genome work on a dead living object? :)

rhitwick said:
I was arguing with one of friend (a very very very much believer in God). He also came up with this "beyond sense" thing. He was so sure and so convinced that the ultimate object (God) can not be experienced by our limited senses, I asked how could he say so? Has he experienced beyond sense? Can he describe it? (well I'm auguing with him since last 9 years, he never buzzed from his point of view and neither me Now-a-days he says he has started doubting things.)
Why does it always have to be like this, if you can't explain something related to God, you say this can't be explained by our limited vision, knowledge and sense? How do u say so? What is the base of your comment? "I say if there is, it has an explanation". And the explanation has to be done with the means and help by the tools we use or senses we have.
Your argument shows that it remains fictitous. How can you ask to describe something that is beyond senses? Thus even your question is logically flawed or casually drawn! You can't even prove your own physical existence as scientifically and philosophically "it changes" every second like I stated before. You see material objects and everything around you, but how can you prove their existence? The ultimate reality encompasses everything i.e consciousness, universe, material objects which are to be known through senses. Material Science doesn't explain thoughts, intelligence etc as we have debated before. It doesn't understands universe or the cause of life. Do you have any explanation for it? How can you say you have known something if you haven't understood it completely? Thus the ultimate reality encompasses mental, spiritual as well as physical paramters.

What tools do you have to verify the boundaries of universe or its depth, to measure consciousness, thoughts or intelligence etc? Thus science is important, but we cannot know ultimate reality via material science alone. Similarly, Vedas are just a tool to raise your consciousness or give you a clue on ultimate reality. In extreme case, how can you know ultimate reality if you can't even comprehend universe?

But there is a difference in what you argued with friend and what I stated here. The difference was explained in my earlier replies. The difference is that what you and your friend discussed again has an abrahamic mix in it. In abrahamics, everything is god's whereas in ancient Indian thinking everything is indeed a part of ultimate reality. You simply cannot know what will happen to you after you are dead, can you? Do you have "faith" in science that it will? Was this momentary existence of yours like a wave in the ocean whose material aspect will merge in nature when it will die? :)

rhitwick said:
Hmmm, this is something serious. I started with an open mind. I made it clear to myself that I would accept things only if they come with strong background info and logic. My motto became "I'm right till I'm proven wrong". I don't know if I anymore possess the open mind, I sometimes wonder am I turning into a science "believer" which is dangerous too.

I don't know what or how would I react if someday its proved (with logic and reasons) that GOD do exist? Would I able keep my cool, accept with open mind or be stubborn to buzz from my old beliefs.

What would you do if its proved that GOD does not exist? Everything is and can be explained, can be put into a pattern and made a formula to replicate. Accept or retaliate?
Again you are talking abrahamic! BTW, I'm not trying to prove or force anything on anyone. :)

What is the formula for life, the universe etc? I think you have never comprehended or pondered yourself on universe. Randomness, prime numbers, thoughts etc do not have a formula. Based on your approach would you deny their existence? A classic approach or again a clue to explain one of the aspects of universe is given in the famous purusha sukta, the article which I gave in my first post recently.

rhitwick said:
Seriously, the debate was never western beliefs vs. indian beliefs. Neither I ever told my opinions are influenced by wetern beliefs. If my providing links having western origin made you do such conclusion, then I would like to say that I did not find a suitable link explaining properly things originating from India.

To me it was always GOD(one or 34 crore) vs. Science. I hate the concept of one God as much as I hate the concept 34crore gods we have in India.
I was only trying to present how indian concepts get distorted when you view them from a western conditioned mindset and hence how Sanskrit ets reduced when you map it to English. I don't know if you know sanskrit, but from debate its probably no. The notion of 33/34 crore god (from anti-hindu sites) is again an abrahamic conditioned comprehension of the Indian concepts and so is one god. I guess you haven't understood my previous replies. The devas are not isolated from the ultimate reality, but part of it! :)

BTW, there is verse for 33 devas and not 33 crore gods. I keep listening to 33 crore rumor, but the critics can't establish what all 33 crore gods are there.

Your mind is just way too conditioned due
- Attachment to modern material science
- Conditioning due to abrahamic faiths, because of which you are trying to use "same logic" on Indian scriptures. I have already given a few fundamental differences between abrahamic and non-abrahamics.

rhitwick said:
I did not get it! What is the distorted view here?!!!
1. You are trying to question the existence of something which you yourself are a part of. Questioning is good, but when done through the goggles of judgemental denial, then is bad.
2. You are treating ultimate reality like a western god which his own set of miracles, playing dice with us and isolated from nature.
3. You are ignoring the non-material comprehensions. Going by modern material science is only a limited knowledge. You need to have a philosophical bent to detach and question also.

rhitwick said:
Very weak logic. Do you really think you wrote those on your own. I consider you providing very strong logics and reasons. But those are....
Yes :)

When you'll have a clear understanding and differentiation of western originated ideas and Indian ones, english and sanskrit, you'll conclude the same thing.
The simple question you need to ask is where did the English term "god" originated and in what context and usage? And, where did the term deva originated and in what context and usage? Same goes for religion and dharma, theist and astik, inaction and akarma etc

rhitwick said:
Agreed. Even I believe this is how God has started earlier. But soon, some highly imaginative person started telling stories containg the different Gods and later those became scriptures or base of God system.

Sun, moon, water, wind, fire were unexplained to men (not only in India but everywhere men inahbitated). They wondered about the unmatched and unexplained power of these objects. Not only did Indians imagined these as some highly powered beings look at Greece, Mayan, Inka etc. They all do pose or contain Gods related or symboling such objects.
The general curiosity and fear of unknown made men to develop such stories which as time passed by became the foundation stone of such bullshits.
Many of the stories in Indian context are metaphorical riddles and hence called cryptic in their language. The Vedas are presented as a cryptic poetry. But again in you above reply you are putting abrahamic and non-abrahamic on the same platter, a clear distortion due to abrahamic conditioning.

Anyways, like I stated I'm not trying to prove anything. I had the same questions that you do now and the same arguments some 7 years back. But to me it seems you are stuck may be due to attachment to both material science and abrahamic conditioning.

A video to watch : perhaps entertainment for you ;)
YouTube - Philip Goldberg on American Veda: How Indian Spirituality Changed the West

Its similar on the lines of schroedinger and ken wilber...

Anyways, I realize that you haven't understood anything I stated in my first post recently. So lets bury it ......

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
@rhitwick :
Anyways, I realize that you haven't understood anything I stated in my first post recently. So lets bury it ......

This is the problem buddy... these guys just don't want to understand anything, they are just stuck to the theory of Abrahmic god, and delving into Indian Scripture and their eternity is beyond the limit of their senses :). no offense intended.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Each and every truth that science has discovered, and will ever discover, is already mentioned in Vedas, or already discovered by our seer-scientists, the Rishis. From the creation of the universe, to the end of it. Its another thing if they are misinterpreted by the western thinkers and philosopher in their own context, which was infinitely limited compared to the thinkers and philosophers of "Sanatan Dharma". And what most people know and think of Indian Culture and Vedas, is based on those totally false interpretations.
If you really want to know what is contained in Vedas and Upnishadas, their true meaning, and to what extent they've been misinterpreted, please read the book-
"Before the beginning and after the End - Beyond the universe of physics"
By Rishi Kumar Mishra.

The difference is, that modern science proves and states everything on the basic of "material" discoveries and inventions, but the "Truth" that science and religion both want to discover is beyond the material... that is "Supreme Consciousness", which is the source of everything that we know of.

@furious gamer
good to see u too :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Eventhough we literally have proof for almost everything happened in the universe, some guys like you (No offense meant :D ) will never got that.And try to introduce a new un-known, unable to feel things into picture. And stating that that will be the reason for everything happened till today. Be it a marriage or funeral, everything is that mystery man's decision from your POV. This is what you are going to say for your life time and teach your kids.

Even the rishis did some scientifical things but it is named as Vedas, and now we do the same and called as research. Simple ;)

mediator

Technomancer
rishabh said:
This is the problem buddy... these guys just don't want to understand anything, they are just stuck to the theory of Abrahmic god, and delving into Indian Scripture and their eternity is beyond the limit of their senses
A lot of people are stuck and have put on abrahamic and material science goggles which is limiting their scope of understanding. When attachment to those goggles comes into picture, it becomes dangerous.

A lot of Indians are indeed conditioned. It is not their fault. Years of colonization and brainwashing by abrahamics by hook and crook has distorted the thinking of the Indians. NCERT preaches us that in ancient era people thought that earth was flat, thus ignoring the essence of the Veda. It teaches how noble mughals were, thus ignoring their atrocities. Further, the hoaxes like aryan Invasion and dravidian race is still taught in the south. Missionaries like Max Muller, Griffith, Bloomsfield etc have distorted the Veda in their comprehensions. Today we have likes of Wendy doniger and minions like DevDutta Pattanaik who need the testimony of whites to approve of the Indian knowledge suffering from the disease that "if he is white then he is right". People use the english meaning of the established sanskrit terms, like stated before, leading to intellectual pollution. One can read the minute speech by Macaulay alone.

*gyanpedia.in/tft/Resources/books/readings/25.pdf
vvv03.com

Children will grow up under such illusion and are bound to not understand the Indian concepts and continue living in the distortion created by the westerners. Today, the Indian treasure is being exploited by the west, whereas the Indians are ignoring it and blindly following the west.

IMO, we shouldn't use the term religion, god, theism, inaction etc when speaking of Indian scriptures at all. We should use only the sanskrit ones.

I have linked a few articles, but if anyone really wants to understand the Veda, then "Secret of the Vedas by Sri Aurobindo" is the recommended one.

A link that might interest a few, may be or may be not....
Generating power out of thin air? This man from Karnataka is confident - Bangalore - DNA

furious_gamer said:
Even the rishis did some scientifical things but it is named as Vedas, and now we do the same and called as research
Not that simple. You have to understand why Vedas are called as "revealed". It doesn't mean that any god as in abrahamic sense came and dictated it to the humans. For that to understand, you need to know the relation between consciousness and spirituality first. :)

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
@all science believers

why don't you just read some important upnishadas, or books mentioned, and come back. Alomost everything you have ever known about Indian Philosophy, every single fact, is wrong. If you think God in "Sanatan Dharma" is which we pray daily in temples, then you seriously have to revamp your beliefs.

"Vedas" contain the secret of everything in this universe, and they are based on logic, not on Mythology, as most of you think of them. and if you don't believe, I would suggest you either to read their real interpretations, or just don't be foolish and conclude that they are useless.

Excerpts from "Before The Beginning And After The End - Beyond The Universe of Physics:-

The answers to several questions which are baffling scientists and philosophers today are contained within the treasure house of Vedas, as well as the solutions to several daunting problems threatening human society. Access to these answers would open up the possibility of a quantum leap into a world of new truths and new experiences, and a study of the knowledge contained in these texts should also help in understanding the founding principles of one of the most ancient civilizations in human history. Together these could indicate to us the road to the establishment of an enduring harmony and happiness on our planet.

The ancient texts, endowed with profound thoughts and penetrating expositions, have suffered grave and sustained distortions throughout history. The misunderstanding of the meaning of the single word "Veda" has severely hampered access to the rich knowledge contained in the texts,

The body of knowledge - consisting of four principal and six auxiliary texts known collectively as Veda Shastra - explores the fundamental mysteries of our universe. Using rigorous methods of examination and evaluation, the seer-scientists of the Vedas provide us with answers to such questions as: How did the cosmos originate and what is its future? Of what is it made? Who is the 'I', the individual self? What is its place in the universe?

These answers satisfy the deeply felt need of human beings to understand the nature and purpose of life on earth. They explain what maintains the existence of the cosmos and what will happen after it ceases to exist. They unravel the relationship between causes and their effects and between human actions and the fruits of these actions. They explain how energy is the foundation of matter and how matter is ultimately transformed into energy. They identify the nature and roots of ignorance and give us the means to remove them. They explain the principles, processes and factors of creation - of all that comes into being, in both microcosm and macrocosm. They analyse what comprises the human being and how its different (and in which respects no different) from other species.

No need to say anything, because I know you will still argue without actually analyzing and knowing anything... ;-)

Top Bottom