*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Then who else can?
because I believe in God and spirituality, I can say that it can answer all the questions. They might seem quite illogical to you, but that doesn't mean that they really are.
At least I don't have any doubt regarding any single element in this universe, unlike science.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@Rishabh_sharma1990
Its evident that you even know that it is illogical. Yes, ofcourse its illogical. Can you explain any one of the scientific fact , consulting with your GOD? Or else can GOD explain this to us? No, i didn't say don't believe GOD. I'm just saying don't believe GOD blindly for all facts, when there is a scientific fact behind there.

@rhitwick
:D :D

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@Rishabh_sharma1990 : read carefully, i dint say science asnwers all....i sed it proves or rather justifies watever it answers to u.

science has proved many things with time n its still on.... about god, agree theres still no answers to stuffs like - source of life, origiin of galaxy etc. so people interpret as created by god.....when n how??? who saw it? explain that???? no another answer.... "GOD KNOWS" ... ok ask him....

Enjoy~!

Neuron

Electronic.
The 'God Vs Science' concept is quite illogical.The question should be whether god exists or not.If anything exists it got to be scientific,right?

Last edited:

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
There can only be one answer, but we can choose either god or science.
I choose God because then I can enjoy the beautiful spiritual experience of meditation and yoga. At least I can have complete faith in something.
And as the proverb says- "If you have faith in something, don't try to analyze it".
You say its all mental illusion, because you've never experienced that state of mind. God gives me the energy, the strength, the motivation.

The science which you are talking about is materialistic science.
I believe in spiritual science. Do you have any idea how the Rishi-Munis of past were able to attain unbelievable powers? That's spiritual science. They had the complete knowledge. They had the real and complete sense of life.
Materialistic science in my opinion is a hollow thing, and it will always be incomplete and unanswered.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
completely agreed wit rhitwick....

even today we have pandits or others....making frauds of innocent ppl looting there hard earned money.... some even got into some scandals.... they r doing all this in the name of god, i hate the sight where i see pandits making use of people's spiritual believes fooling them to end n still earn everyday....y doesnt god come n look into this matter.... i never blv in all stories told being told around.... thats wat b practical.... ur living in a science dominated world where scientists r working hard to to explain ur querries and technologies for us....

its shame people speak against science even here when they r using some technology day n night even to post a thread here..... n abt the yoga thing... its also a scientifically explained fact for the reason to wat u observe....

Enjoy~!

rahulkay

Broken In
Re: ***science Or God?***

I'd love to see you back up this statement. Science has sufficient answers to the mysteries of the universe (including all in it) to disprove the need to a mystical, super natural god. Science also can explain why people believe in a mystical super being called god. Metaphysics isn't my concern and I don't believe in super natural phenomena, nature is varied enough to have explanations for every observed phenomena, nothing is 'super' for it.

So, where did you meet Mr. Science. Pretty impressive guy isn't he?

Can you refer me to his office? An e-mail contact will do. Will he answer?

Are you afraid of 'god' or 'Mr. Science' has promised you $$ a billion or more?

'Metaphysics isn't your concern' & you don't believe in super natural phenomena, good

same here-

"people here aren't much concerned about your 'belief'. What matters is 'truth'?"

do you believe in it?

Don't you get it, what prejudice means? or you are one of those who just repeat the same
thing like-

-I don't believe
-It doesn't concern me
-Just look at me
-You know nothing
-just believe in me

You got to give some insight to what you say, buddy. You must learn to listen to other people, rather than yourself. I will just suggest you to review what your are answering to.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
completely agreed wit rhitwick....

even today we have pandits or others....making frauds of innocent ppl looting there hard earned money.... some even got into some scandals.... they r doing all this in the name of god, i hate the sight where i see pandits making use of people's spiritual believes fooling them to end n still earn everyday....y doesnt god come n look into this matter.... i never blv in all stories told being told around.... thats wat b practical.... ur living in a science dominated world where scientists r working hard to to explain ur querries and technologies for us....

its shame people speak against science even here when they r using some technology day n night even to post a thread here..... n abt the yoga thing... its also a scientifically explained fact for the reason to wat u observe....

Enjoy~!

First of all there are no real pundits in this world today. Most of them are frauds with some exceptions. But applying this to the past is a shame. Those people were divine and you can never evaluate them in today's perspective.
The Hindu scriptures describe each and every aspect of life. They are divine, and no human can ever write such stuff without divine intervention.

Now the yoga. Its never scientifically explained, and it will never be. For an instance, what about the Buddhist monks who are able to adjust their body temperatures to unbelievable extents. Science still remains silent about that.
Now you will say that is also scientific. So tell me how it is.

@rhitwick I don't have any logic and I would not like to give one if I had, because I have faith in that.

rahulkay

Broken In
Okay, I didn't see the date. It was replied to an age old post, sorry.

btw, that was not like 'rant'. it was appropriate answer to the post.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@rishab
faith can be dangerous. Not necessarily to u but to the others.

Past is obscure. You cannot say what these rishi munis were upto. May be they were no different from scientists. And the flow of info from them to the current generation is altered beyond proportions. Thanks to the ravages of external barbarians and their air of superior civilization that lead to massive destruction of audits and records.

Further show a litmus paper to a fellow who doesnt know abt science. Dip it in ur sweat and show him the changing color. Most probably it will be a miracle for him. And then try to make him understand what happened actually. In the end, end up with the miracle as the only plausible way to convince him. It works for avg masses. So is the idea that there is some fellow over the clouds watching u like a stalker and whipping u if u do something which he considers as inappropriate?

Choice is urs. Be content with simple divine explanation(for avg joe) without any reasoning or first find the reason and then be content like a true explorer.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
First of all there are no real pundits in this world today. Most of them are frauds with some exceptions. But applying this to the past is a shame. Those people were divine and you can never evaluate them in today's perspective.
The Hindu scriptures describe each and every aspect of life. They are divine, and no human can ever write such stuff without divine intervention.

Now the yoga. Its never scientifically explained, and it will never be. For an instance, what about the Buddhist monks who are able to adjust their body temperatures to unbelievable extents. Science still remains silent about that.
Now you will say that is also scientific. So tell me how it is.

@rhitwick I don't have any logic and I would not like to give one if I had, because I have faith in that.

yoga is taught all over..... the basic concept is relaxation of muscles, nerves through controlled inhalation n exhalation of breath....not every concept is explained but u have tons of books to read n follow.... ya they work if u follow them properly.....

about ancient story....thats the diff it makes....i speak wat i see, they speak wat they heard from others.... or they were there at that age..... they have only one answer to everything "faith" but cant explain anything furthur....

people talk about divine and its importance but most of them only use it commercially.... some indians believe chopping off goats necks to a mandir is worship where they say god only created them, tomorrow they will chop off some humans to find blessings, some temples look more like technology centers rather than a temple with sounds, videos, shops and technology... n people from all over country come to visit them...

a small temple with just a statue is often seen locked but a temple like esckon, kempfort filled wit features like theatres, sound effects, etc etc blah blah is crowded with people from all over even from abroad.... so they dont worship statue of god but god with technology...

people say god is everywhere n watching u if u do wrong, but pray like hell before exams or results or something like that....so they feel God runs away wen they realise ur in need... humans are killed in 100's worshiping places like tirupathi, gulmarg isnt god watchin that or that is also believed to be a blessing?.....

some cut animals some cut flowers plants etc for pujas and hawans, so they believe god created them for that only....

they say god is one, but classify them and most of them select a few for regular worship...wont elaborate on this...ppl themselves insult what they believe, i find myself giving more respect to wat they believe...by not playing wit it but just keeping it in mind and heart

it is not believe or faith, it is a fear created by man to questions which were not being able to 2b answerd..... talking about monks and all, fine if science says no, how do u answer in terms of god...... or those monks are god, then gimmi their contact i need some help....
they are indeed great people who have worked n practiced a lot doing these medications and are now capable of doing certain things which not every human can do but can be taught....so its not a magic

for eg a little boy from japan had to learn kungfu, all he was taught was hitting a bucked of water almost non stop for two years....he ended up breaking walls n woods wit his hands which is next to impossible for a young child....so its practice...dont believe witout thinking on any one....ya for sure do respect them for their hardwork and achievement...

Enjoy~!

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
yoga is taught all over..... the basic concept is relaxation of muscles, nerves through controlled inhalation n exhalation of breath....not every concept is explained but u have tons of books to read n follow.... ya they work if u follow them properly.....
I am talking about the mental, not physical yoga.
And Its not only about inhalation and exhalation, thats a deep sleep people are currently in about yoga.
Yoga is much more vast than just relaxation or exercise. Its about experiencing the supreme power by deep meditation or saadhna.

about ancient story....thats the diff it makes....i speak wat i see, they speak wat they heard from others.... or they were there at that age..... they have only one answer to everything "faith" but cant explain anything furthur....
what about the divine hindu scriptures? Can u prove them to be false?
Are you smarter that the people who actually wrote it? They are the proof.

people talk about divine and its importance but most of them only use it commercially.... some indians believe chopping off goats necks to a mandir is worship where they say god only created them, tomorrow they will chop off some humans to find blessings, some temples look more like technology centers rather than a temple with sounds, videos, shops and technology... n people from all over country come to visit them...

a small temple with just a statue is often seen locked but a temple like esckon, kempfort filled wit features like theatres, sound effects, etc etc blah blah is crowded with people from all over even from abroad.... so they dont worship statue of god but god with technology...
People means who? I call these people arseholes who dont know what God actually is. Visiting a temple doesn't mean that the person believes in God. And now a days the young generation use temples to have personal meetings btw.

some cut animals some cut flowers plants etc for pujas and hawans, so they believe god created them for that only....
I never associate these people with god. They are the biggest evil to humanity and spirituality.

they are indeed great people who have worked n practiced a lot doing these medications and are now capable of doing certain things which not every human can do but can be taught....so its not a magic

for eg a little boy from japan had to learn kungfu, all he was taught was hitting a bucked of water almost non stop for two years....he ended up breaking walls n woods wit his hands which is next to impossible for a young child....so its practice...dont believe witout thinking on any one....ya for sure do respect them for their hardwork and achievement...

Enjoy~!
first of all.....meditation...not medication.
If it can be taught, anyone can learn it. No man, this is divine thing. And its not possible without saadhna, the real commitment to God.
ask any of those buddhist monks how they achieve it, then you will know what God is.

Enjoy~!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
A question to Rishabh, define GOD, and if u r thinking of replying this question with a question "Define science", well, I would request u to not to do that...

What I ask of u is ur definition of GOD...

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
divine are the proof???? elaborate.... coz that is somthing exactly i was talkin about...all just reply "faith"

about the ones who cut animals n all, they believe that they worship that way....they mite call u the same but all are doing this to worship in their own way....everyone just concludes each other wrong...then who is wrong... all?

abt yoga, google it... the raising of body temp u were talkin about us being taught to learners, n its said to be harmful to kidneys if not done correctly....there is indeed a medical science associated to it....u just need to master it n ya i sed it takes hard work but not impossible....n can be appreciated.... n ya yoga is both physical n mental....u cant do a mental yoga while cutting a wood can u....

@rhitwick: no 1 can ask define science to confuse any1....science is clearly defined 2 everyone....isnt it....

ps: sory abt medication/meditation....was a typo....

Enjoy~!

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
about the ones who cut animals n all, they believe that they worship that way....they mite call u the same but all are doing this to worship in their own way....everyone just concludes each other wrong...then who is wrong... all?
Enjoy~!

Its never called worshiping. Like I said, these people just want to spread misconceptions and wrong beliefs. God is beyond any religious belief.

@rhitwick I see god as an energy, a supreme power that drives us all. God is not about any religion, He's about the whole existence. He is the ultimate of everything, He is in every single element. I never find God outside, because he is in me, always. While meditating I feel him, I feel the energy coming from him.

I agree with those who criticize the various practices done with the name of God. Those fraud sadhus, they must be thrown out of India.

When talking about energy, let me tell you that I follow the Hindu principle that we are also an energy, which is called soul. We are not this physical body, we are an energy who drives this body. We never die, our body dies, and we proceed to next form of life, which according to Hinduism, can be any form. The concept is called rebirth and I think science will never ever able to answer how it works.
You cant say rebirth is also belief, because there has been millions of incidents of rebirth.

Top Bottom