*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

sygeek

Technomancer
science vanished miracle?? Lol.
Science created the chance to find more miracles.
U think 'black hole' could totally be explained by scienbf?
U think 'human mind' could be explained by science?
U think 'start of the universe' , 'time' could be cleared by science?
Hell , science couldn't even discovered the smallest particle of matter.
Those 'star system' in each galaxy and those galaxies in a universe are maintaining their route , don't u see miracle?
Hell, even ur body is a miracle.
Science is expanding and making own corrections. But never would reach any absolute highest point,where it will be flawless and u can explain everything clearly with science.
Rather science is giving birth to new confusions.

And u answer my question that iasked first.:)
Yes, black hole is easily explained with science. Despite being very complex, scientists have really discovered a lot about black holes. Not a miracle.

Start of the universe can be explained theoretically in a logical manner by science although it isn't as perfect as it'll be in the coming few years. Science is very rigid when it comes to results. Not a miracle.

Your body is a result of millions of years of evolution and natural selection. Chances of your existence in this gigantic universe are really very high. Not a miracle.

The route maintenance is a result of numerous processes like conservation of angular momentum, space-time fabric and gravity.

Yes, science, actually, humans will reach an omega point. Not a miracle.

Get over your ignorance, it won't help you.

Last edited:

Alok

Adventurer
science vanished miracle?? Lol.
Science created the chance to find more miracles.
U think 'black hole' could totally be explained by scienbf?
U think 'start of the universe' , 'time' could be cleared by science?
Hell , science couldn't even discovered the smallest particle of matter.
Those 'star system' in each galaxy and those galaxies in a universe are maintaining their route , don't u see miracle?
Hell, even ur body is a miracle.
Science is expanding and making own corrections. But never would reach any absolute highest point,where it will be flawless and u can explain everything clearly with science.
Rather science is giving birth to new confusions.

why not ? Only and only science can give you answers. As Sygeek explained all of your q. can easily be explained.

Science is nothing but
it is creation of your own thoughts , imagination, and curious mind; which observer things , understand them and takes decisions. Thus Science moves on. This is not external thing but it is in the human.And only science is thing that makes you different from other species.

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
I used to think like this.Then i read some advanced theories in physics.My perception of the universe was wrong.You see existence of life really isn't a miracle.Why?To know that you should understand the theory of multiple/parallel universes.And ultimately science has enough understanding of the universe so that it can make one anew.

Furthermore i was once a believer and i don't see any difference between my past life and the current in terms of peace,success,failure or whatever.And trust me i got back my lost ring without praying to god.
hey, mate, i thought we lost you back there.
good to have an intelligent fellow on our side

science vanished miracle?? Lol. no, science showed that what were called miracles were just the applications of the human mind in creative ways. like, a laser or a bulb would be a "miracle" to a cave-man
Science created the chance to find more miracles. i have NO idea what you mean
U think 'black hole' could totally be explained by scienbf? go talk to stephen hawkings, he is your god who answers such questions. and science discovered black holes, if it was not for science, then one day, a poor sod would have disappeared down one, and it'd have been called a effing "miracle"
U think 'start of the universe' , 'time' could be cleared by science? stephen hawking
Hell , science couldn't even discovered the smallest particle of matter. each "smallest particle" we discover has a smaler particle inside it. and what is the smallest particle according to your "god"???
Those 'star system' in each galaxy and those galaxies in a universe are maintaining their route , don't u see miracle? what route? a circle is a route? ever heard of "force"???
Hell, even ur body is a miracle. and this stupidity is a miracle too
Science is expanding and making own corrections. But never would reach any absolute highest point,where it will be flawless and u can explain everything clearly with science. yes it can. it is believed there is a set of equations governing everyhign in this universe. they are called TOE(theory of everyhting) or GUT(grand unified theory)
Rather science is giving birth to new confusions. no it is not, its just clearing confusions caused by religion and mankind's *****ing. solutions like nukes exist solely for this purpose. and is it not good to clear confusions?? and if new confusions are being discovered, is it not better that we found them?? or would you rather that we lie in ignorance and just exist for the heck of existing?

answers in blue italics

Simple. Science is always changing. If x is today's truth then tomorrow will be y. a wheel is always moving. so its not good. lets all replace round tyres with square ones, then it wont move, so its "perfect"
So science is reltative and not reliable. you want to say religion is absolute and reliable?
And secularism?? Hell no...
Would u believe ,if i tell that i found a i7 proccessor or even simply a 'electric wire' in the mars?i mean without any manufacturer? In nature?? Would u believe or send me to a mental hospital?
Then why u guys satisfy urself thinking that this whole logic-dependent universe , these miracle human body were the result of spontaneous natural act?lolwut?

Tarun

In the zone
[YOUTUBE]*www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPCS94UzR-s[/YOUTUBE]
i find this one of the most inspiring videos i have heard

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
if Krishna was black, why do we say 'hare krishna'?

Before you stupidly assault me for making fun of him, read up what pun means.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
lol Lord Krishna can be red, green, blue, glorious glowing golden, fair, dark.... any colour he chooses
hmm there were some ideas where god is not so incompatible with science, heard of the demiurge? he/she is like the architect of the universe who crafts all things using real colossal tools

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
So who is joining the Flat Earth Society ?
Flat Earth Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sygeek

Technomancer
So who is joining the Flat Earth Society ?
Flat Earth Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Whole World Deceived... Except the Very Elect" (Dec. 1977)
"Australia Not Down Under" (May 1978)
"Sun Is a Light 32 Miles Across" (Dec. 1978)
"The Earth Has No Motion" (Jun. 1979)
"Nikita Krushchev Father of NASA" (Mar. 1980)
"Galileo Was a Liar" (Dec. 1980)
"Science Insults Your Intelligence" (Sep. 1980)
"World IS Flat, and That's That" (Sep. 1980)
"The Earth Is Not a Ball; Gravity Does Not Exist" (Mar. 1981)

*i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

Tarun

In the zone
if Krishna was black, why do we say 'hare krishna'?

Before you stupidly assault me for making fun of him, read up what pun means.

"Hare" can be interpreted as either the vocative of Hari, another name of Vishnu meaning "he who removes illusion", or as the vocative of Harā, a name of Rādhā, Krishna's eternal consort . According to A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Harā refers to "the energy of God" while Krishna and Rama refer to God himself, meaning "He who is All-Attractive" and "He who is the Source of All Pleasure"

Isn't Krishna all blue...? Photos say.

Krishna is not blue or black He is Bluish-black just like a new formed rain cloud :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Such a big thread consisting of 52 pages for this simple thing? :lol:
If you are using PS/laptop/internet, the answer is quite simple, without which you can't reach here.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
"Hare" can be interpreted as either the vocative of Hari, another name of Vishnu meaning "he who removes illusion", or as the vocative of Harā, a name of Rādhā, Krishna's eternal consort . According to A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Harā refers to "the energy of God" while Krishna and Rama refer to God himself, meaning "He who is All-Attractive" and "He who is the Source of All Pleasure"

Did you read my spoiler? I know what Hare means :)

mohiuddin

Journeyman
hey, mate, i thought we lost you back there.
good to have an intelligent fellow on our side

answers in blue italics

doesn't science suggest a 'god''s existence ??
black hole clearly explained? AFAIK , our science couldn't explore inside the black hole cause, even lights cannot escape out of it.AFAIK.
lol... u think science would reach an omega point? even if it reach that point,the cause would be the 'limit of our intelligence' thet we can't go beyond that level. ok, its 'future' thing, so lets the future to tell about that.
what science would u believe to be so reliable? that science ,that told once, earth is static? then, comes sun is static....one universe theory? then, multiple universe theory? isn't these ''universe theory'' are of prediction on the basis of quantum mechanics??
again, explain human mind... please don't tell that bullshit that it the product of discharge from a complex neuron web..
andyea yea i know big bang theory...that explained time, universe expansion. but what about 'before_big_bang' ?? if u say there was nothing, than explain 'nothing' by science.
hehe... smaller prticle...smaller particle...then again smaller particle.. what is the end then? no end? then explain that "NO END" thing.
u wanna say our body is not a miracle?
then, i wanna ask have u heard a word called 'IDIOPATHIC' in medical science? no? google it.
science is creating and solving confusions. both..........

ohoh..and about 'human-is-a-product-of-nature-eovution'..please don't tell me u (who said) believe what darwin discovered.

**peace**

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Richard Dawkins is amongst the most provocative thinkers of our times. The Oxford University geneticist has waged a blazing intellectual war on religion, calling for the rule of science and rationality. At the recent Jaipur Literature Festival, Dawkins spoke with Vineet Gill about why he prefers science over faith, whether he is an 'atheist fundamentalist', - and issues such as immortality:

What are your views on moderate religion today? You've earlier called this 'a seedbed for extremists'?

I have said thata¦I fear it's true that if children are taught, however moderately, that faith is a virtue, that you don't need evidence to believe something, then that paves the way for a minority to be extremists. Everybody has been indoctrinated with this view that if it's their faith, you can't argue with them. I think that is pernicious. If children are taught they don't need to defend their beliefs with evidence, that paves the way for extremisma¦the biggest damage religion does is indoctrinating and brainwashing children.

You believe passionately instead in science - but what happens when science gets it wrong?

Science doesn't actually claim to know all the truth. It works hard by getting closer and closer to the truth, but of course science learns by its mistakes and advances by disproving hypotheses and getting things wrong. One of the virtues of science is that it is prepared to change its mind when the evidence warrants it. Public sharing is an important part of science. No scientist will ever say - 'Oh, it's true for me, it may not be true for you.'

Science gets space for research and development - why can't we look at religion too as a living laboratory with people developing their thoughts, rather than just dismissing it?

It would be very nice to study religion in anthropological and psychological ways. By the way, i do think children need to be educated about religion. They just shouldn't be told you belong only to this or that religion. They should be told, there is this religion and that religion. And when you grow up, you may - or may not - choose to join any of those.

I liked this interview.
Read the complete one here

jayantr7

In the zone
Re: ***science Or God?***

Lemme ask one question...Who is all behind this science ???? :?: :?:

Then who's behind God? You? :lol: C'mmon! If God can be created outta nowhere, then why can't the universe be.

When the elementary particles(eg. electron, proton) were discovered, God lovers said it's a piece of s*it and fake. Now when it has been proved, they say God made it. And the fate will be the same for to be proved particles like Higgs Boson.

(No offence meant against Theists)

Top Bottom