Say Hello to TATA INDICOM's FUP [Fair Usage Policy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman
this is going to be followed by all private players.....hope BSNL doesnt do it. These private players want to save on money they pay for bandwidth by implementing policies like this, other international ISPs provide speeds and limits which are practical but with Indian ISPs its the opposite.....

we really need to approach TRAI , DOT as a group and make this a big big issue or else things will get worse......

Indyan

Here Since 2003
This really sucks. How can u suspend an user for using excessive bandwidth on an UL plan? I am not lawyer but isnt this deceptive business practice? I wonder what the outcome would be if someone filed a case at the consumer court.

Btw, I realise you guys are infuriated but keep the conversion civil and don't use profanities.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
LISTEN friends !! no need to fight over the issue those giants will hike fare in more terms in a year or so or limit the bandwidth .. what we should do then ?? well revolt against them dont advice any of your friend to buy their products even if one of them is not buying imagine they are loosing customers !

there are idiots out there who dont understand GB MB OR say what internet is , this scheme is ripping the basic consumer right of ours ..

say you got unlimited huh ?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
TATA ki ********************

On second thought, I won't be going over 808gigs a month any way. So its OK for now.

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
It's time for you people to actually buy something.. How funny people are protesting since this limits their capacity of stealing.. Definitely the policy is fair enough.

at 512Kbps you can download 165.89 GB/month max and the limit is 80GB. Man, how much do you guys want?

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Keep a track on the news, I am sure even MTNL will come up with this sh1t sooner or later. Assclowns!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It's time for you people to actually buy something.. How funny people are protesting since this limits their capacity of stealing.. Definitely the policy is fair enough.

at 512Kbps you can download 165.89 GB/month max and the limit is 80GB. Man, how much do you guys want?
Why not name it limited instead of unlimited ? Everyone will be happy then :!:

amol48

Searching...

it;s not about how much WE want. But if we let them today do this, tomorrow they will limit it to (who knows 10GB) WTF this is man! I-WILL-DOWNLOAD-AS-MUCH-AS-I-WANT! Who are they to decide that!

If they can;t afford then either don give such plan or hike it;s price. WTF do they mean by 'will get suspended'! The only thing that they want is CHEAT their customer as many of them don understand the technical meaning of 'bandwidth'.

Fair usage policy is fair ONLY for companies and NOT customers.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Err... I paid for an unlimited connection. The ISP charged me for an unlimited connection. Once that is done, why am I being limited in the amount of data that I can download? Why should I suffer for the inadequacies of my ISP? Why was I not informed about the possibilities of implementing such a scheme when I was promised an 'unlimited' connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom