Say Hello to TATA INDICOM's FUP [Fair Usage Policy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
It's time for you people to actually buy something.. How funny people are protesting since this limits their capacity of stealing.. Definitely the policy is fair enough.

at 512Kbps you can download 165.89 GB/month max and the limit is 80GB. Man, how much do you guys want?

^^ wonder why people write posts like this ... maybe a case of desperately seeking attention disorder ....

we are funny people coz we dont buy anything ,,, once we people start buying we become like you .... dont assume that everyone is here for d/l warez & illegals on the net .... plz . nd even if they r doing that its no reason for the isps to make stupid policies like this !!!!!!!

harry10

Gadgets freak
Was thinking of switching to Tata due to airtel's crap FUP and now this!
Guys any idea if BSNL Evdo is a good solution and is it available in delhi, cant find any link?

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Believe it or not, lot of ISPs abroad also do this. The only thing is, they don't make this public. So, in case you download 100GB in half a month and your plan provides you 8Mbps, you are quietly downgraded to around 6Mbps. All this is done, "to keep privacy in check". I heard this from one of my friend.
What??

How much will be the speed on Airtel Mobile Office(U?L plan) after a user crosses the allocated limit? 10kbps??

Instead of relying on online petitions, users should complaint to TRAI. It doesn't hesitate in taking actions in case a service provider is crossing the limits.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
What??

How much will be the speed on Airtel Mobile Office(U?L plan) after a user crosses the allocated limit? 10kbps??

Instead of relying on online petitions, users should complaint to TRAI. It doesn't hesitate in taking actions in case a service provider is crossing the limits.

Oops! My bad. Sorry, it's PIRACY, not privacy. Edited the original post.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Someone having copy of guidelines issued by TRAI for better Internet/ broadband service issued on Mar 2?

There site is screwed up and I am unable to download it from *www.trai.gov.in/PressReleases_content.asp .
*www.trai.gov.in/`WriteReadData/trai/upload/misc/102/Guidelines2mar09.pdf` is not a valid link

EDITED
4. In order to ensure sufficient bandwidth for provisioning of good
quality of service to their subscribers, all service providers (ISPs,
UASLs, CMSPs, BSOs) providing Internet/broadband services are
advised to use contention ratios better than listed below for different
services:-

Sr. No. Services Max. Contention for Home users Ratio Max. Contention Ratio for business users
1 Dialup 1:70 -----
2 Broadband 1:50 1:30
3 High Bandwidth 1:1 to 1:4 (to be defined by Service providers in Services customer package)
4 Leased Line ---- 1:1 to 1:4

Contention Ratio is defined as the number of users competing for the same bandwidth.It can also be defined as the number of subscribers sharing the same bandwidth
capacity.

*www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/trai/upload/misc/102/Guidelines2mar09.pdf

I think that's the reason service providers are using such practices. They are not interested in upgrading their infrastructure but are ready to stop users from using the service that they have paid for. So in near future, to suppress consumers' anger, ISPs might stop providing plans tagged UNLIMITED USE as such practices are not acceptable for these.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
WTF ??

i think the IT minister should step sown...

man this is crazy...

they wont provide or say upgrade to higher speed but they are taking steps to downgrade the usuage...

this is bull ****,,,

and what can we people do ???

i think its time to start protest...

fill the forums... youtube , blogs... if possible write to hindu editor... , all major newspaper....

lets fight...

amol48

Searching...
During the times of recession they want to run away with the cost of infrastructure upgradation but that doesn't give them right to do this!

I wonder if Reliance would ever do this? They have a fibre optic network! Also I think BSNL will stay away from this.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Screw them here: *pcworld.in/india/features/5865617/Broadband/Broadband_Survey_2009

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
WTF ??

i think the IT minister should step sown...

man this is crazy...

they wont provide or say upgrade to higher speed but they are taking steps to downgrade the usuage...

this is bull ****,,,

and what can we people do ???

i think its time to start protest...

fill the forums... youtube , blogs... if possible write to hindu editor... , all major newspaper....

lets fight...
Whats the point if we do all the things you mentioned. Did anything happen to "Airtel fair sh1t policy"? We made petitions, created forums/community/groups, wrote letters to TRAI and Airtel chairman. What happened in the end? Nothing na. Same is going to happen now also, all we can do is accept the sh1ty policy and live with it, cause this country is hopeless in this case. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom