Satyamev Jayate - Will Aamir bring the change ?

Tech&ME

Banned
Satyamev Jayate is the first show ever in the history of Indian Television to be aired simultaneously on a private channel network STAR and a national broadcaster Doordarshan. The show is also dubbed in several languages including three Indian southern languages viz., Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam, along with Marathi and Bengali. Apart from Star Plus, the show will also have simulcast on STAR World, STAR Utsav, STAR Pravah, STAR Jalsha, Asianet and STAR Vijay within the STAR Network and other channels including DD National and Eanadu TV. The Kannada version of the show was supposed to be aired in Karnataka but it was banned because the Karnataka state doesn't allow television programms which are dubbed from other languages.[5] On the broadcast of the show, Aamir Khan commented, "This show is being launched on a large scale. I had to make complete use of this medium. This is a baby step in that direction."[6]

The show is scheduled to telecast on Sundays at 11 A.M. While the producers were high on showcasing it in the prime time,[2] Khan wanted to telecast it on Sunday mornings since the slot is commonly considered as "family TV viewing" in Indian Television, after popular TV shows Mahabharata and Ramayana were aired on Sunday mornings and were highly successful.[6] He was reported saying, "I wanted to telecast my show on Sunday morning. I want each family to watch the show and connect with it. We have watched 'Ramayana' and 'Mahabarata' and it used to come on Sunday morning. The shows created a different atmosphere."[7] He further added that, "I don't understand TRPs and GRPs. I have no idea how to calculate it! I don't care about it. It is important to reach out to the Indian audiences. If viewers want to see, they will see or else it is up to them."

[source]

Please discussion about the show, its importance and viability. Will we see the next BIG change ??

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I smell marketing gimmick, nothing more. BTW, what it the change that Amir is claiming to bring?
Posted via Mobile Device

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yes, the logo added a whole new meaning to satyamev jayate
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Satyamev_Jayate_Show_Logo.jpg

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have lost all faith in Indian television productions. All full of marketing commodities. Nothing, I repeat, nothing about serious issues, the bottomline is always money. I don't see this show running beyond a few episodes or the first season, whichever comes first.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
I smell marketing gimmick, nothing more. BTW, what it the change that Amir is claiming to bring?
Posted via Mobile Device

- They are collecting DONATION from mobile service providers @ 1/=

- They are asking for voluntary Donation, to be deposited at any AXIS Bank branch.

- Donations collected goes to Ambani Foundation [ NGO ]

I don't think it is a marketing gimmick, b'coz

1. This is a private production.

2. Companies involved such as Ambani's does not need any such marketing...

2. Companies like Airtel, etc are already in the top, no such marketing required.

4. Aamir does not need marketing, in fact, he never uses the media too much.

Yes, the logo added a whole new meaning to satyamev jayate
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Satyamev_Jayate_Show_Logo.jpg

sponsors are required to air the program.

Sarath

iDota
Just saw the show, Mom pulled me into it, nice show.

Was happy to see this thread but the discussion is again on the "Messenger" than the "message" so I had to do what I itch for always, create a thread :) Here > *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/156613-satyamev-jayate-issues-discussion-thread.html#post1645308

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Re: "Satyamev Jayate" Issues Discussion thread

Corruption and nepotism.

d3p

PowerHouse

Stero-type & Narrow Minded Thoughts...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

IMHO the show is doing a good job of bringing these issues to the light, but there is nothing new, Doordarshan has been doing that for a long time. Also, I don't think there will be much impact considering how Indians are (Don't want to start an off topic debate on Indians, so lets not go into it).

Female foeticide is a topic not alien to us and almost everyone is aware of it. However, how can you uproot something that's been rooted by a centuries old culture? You need to ensure that people are educated enough to understand the undoing of such actions. An uneducated person does not care what the show is about, they will probably just want to see Amir Khan. As serious as the issue is, I don't think this show will do anything much in this regard.

PS: Beware, the Khans are very good at marketing.

PPS: Sorry, but I could not speak without bringing the show into context.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned

IMHO the show is doing a good job of bringing these issues to the light, but there is nothing new, Doordarshan has been doing that for a long time. Also, I don't think there will be much impact considering how Indians are (Don't want to start an off topic debate on Indians, so lets not go into it).

Female foeticide is a topic not alien to us and almost everyone is aware of it. However, how can you uproot something that's been rooted by a centuries old culture? You need to ensure that people are educated enough to understand the undoing of such actions. An uneducated person does not care what the show is about, they will probably just want to see Amir Khan. As serious as the issue is, I don't think this show will do anything much in this regard.

True, program will not make any difference.

The aim and objectives of the program is to be a " EYE OPENER " only.

Aamir is not an Activist, he as a normal citizen can do his bit of the shared responsibility but cannot get fully involved it eradicating the EVIL from the society.

I am against Female foeticide, but as a normal citizen what can I do ?? probably nothing........... :|

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

True, program will not make any difference.

The aim and objectives of the program is to be a " EYE OPENER " only.

Aamir is not an Activist, he as a normal citizen can do his bit of the shared responsibility but cannot get fully involved it eradicating the EVIL from the society.

I am against Female foeticide, but as a normal citizen what can I do ?? probably nothing........... :|

An eye opener is not enough to bring a change. Drastic steps need to be taken to bring about a change of such a magnitude. You'd have to, perhaps, grab those parents and force them to watch videos of abortions about 8 hours a day over a couple of weeks, only then, perhaps, there would be change.

Or..we could educate the next generation well enough to ensure that they don't follow in the previous generations footsteps and bring about their own undoing.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
The show was aired?
I waited still 11.45 they were only showing ads for 45 mins .
Missed the show

KDroid

Cyborg Agent

Or..we could educate the next generation well enough to ensure that they don't follow in the previous generations footsteps and bring about their own undoing.

Perhaps, you did not watch the show! It's the educated ones that are more involved in foeticide. Education alone will not solve the problem. Public awareness is required. That can be achieved through this show.

What problem do you have if Aamir is earning through the show? He's not doing some Dus Ka Dam or Big Boss like show.

And, Stop being so cynical. The show is not only raising issues. It is also taking steps to eradicate them. It's also encouraging people to take simple actions which can create big changes.

An eye opener is not enough to bring a change. Drastic steps need to be taken to bring about a change of such a magnitude. You'd have to, perhaps, grab those parents and force them to watch videos of abortions about 8 hours a day over a couple of weeks, only then, perhaps, there would be change.

Don't suggest impractical ideas which cannot be implemented.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Typical Kubrick treatment!

IBNLive tweeted that Amir is meeting with Rajasthan CM today. No more updates till now.

reddead

LoSt!
These kinds of shows and so called events have been "opening eyes" for a long time.....

Pepole are paying attention only because of amir khan..

People will watch it, think about it till they are watching the show. After its over they will switch channels and forget about it...

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
These kinds of shows and so called events have been "opening eyes" for a long time.....

Pepole are paying attention only because of amir khan..

People will watch it, think about it till they are watching the show. After its over they will switch channels and forget about it...
+1.80% people do it for namesake.To just say "Ha Hum ne woh show dekha tah[Yea i did see that show]".
Half the people don't care about these stuff.
These Kind of people see those useless shows[I mean those really bad and abusive kinds] and they talk about it all day long.

I hope the show helps.

This show will just awake the people.And some people will do something.And help them :).
Offtopic:
I heard because of some serial in star plus.People allowed the girls/wifes to continue their studies

Top Bottom