Satyamev Jayate - Will Aamir bring the change ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
great so entertainment channels are expected to do news channel's job, now that news channels are full of entertainment shows

Can't agree more!

Whenever I see shows like Comedy Circus on news channel, I wish to destroy the TV. :/

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
I agree that this show is not going to bring about any drastic change but it atleast makes viewer think for few moments and if even in those few moments it can change even few thousand minds that is enough for me. All the episodes have touched and scarred me in some way. The way that B***DY female doctor was talking about female foeticide- "Kahin gaad dena". I was in loss of words. it made me realise that although education is imperative in eradication of these problems but its not the cure. The cure is in the mindset. Which will take time to change so i am not expecting any drastic change but still its a step forward. If you don't try, you will never succeed.

I don't mind if its helping aamir's image, atleast he is building his image by doing something good. I don't mind if he is earning crores out of this program atleast he is earning for the right reasons. Like someone tweeted aamir could have earned double the amount by doing 1 stageshow or endorsing a product but he rather went this way which may actually help in bringing these serious issues to light.

Yes people were always aware of female foeticide but were they aware that it was happening the most among the 'fairly' educated middle class. I always had the perception that it was more prominent among the uneducated people who do not have basic necessary things to live their life properly so that caught me by surprise. There are several other examples but that will make this already lengthy post even more lengthier.

Anyway cynicism is easy, it makes you feel helpless thus more relaxed because then we just assume that we can't do anything. Atleast aamir is doing something good, whether it yields desired results is yet to be seen.

Anorion i completely agree with you, news channel these days are filled with complete BS. some reporters whose tapes are doing the rounds on youtube for so long(like political portfolio lobbying) are still hosting the prime time shows so what more can i say.

P.S. I agree that "Satyamev Jayate" belongs to the national emblem and national emblem alone.

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
brilliant episode, yet again, today! in somewhat despair, since a long time, i had formed an opinion that india is perhaps not meant for material progress, but watching about 'real' people doing real work (and good work, that is) in various fields, has rekindled my hopes.

and people talking about aamir earning so & so amount of money through this show - if there are some of you left chattering about this even now, please, just shut up! atleast, we could consider his earning (as well as whatever little effort we could put from our side, in our own way, to make things better) as a token of gratitude from our side to him for coming up with such an endeavour.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
first of all the national emblem is sacrosanct have you heard of a tv show called "This Green and Pleasant Land" or an anime series called "All the world under one roof"? , no? well there is a reason for that... so this entire show is extremely offensive, should be taken off the air, the channel should be warned for airing the show
then, the show itself, could have been a lot less of the chest beating and hai hai, and a lot more of the experts detailing the issue, do you really want this to be a landmark show on Indian Television? just go outside and ask the people you normally encounter their problems, they will tell you pretty much the same thing, what's the point of seeing it on television? there is something bizarre and artificial about a perfectly framed and well lit shot of a family sitting and crying with a photo of their dead family member on the wall behind them

still, the show seems to have improved a bit since the first episode, at least people are pretending to cry instead of suppressing their laughter

nothing against the actor, it's the creative calls the show has made which is totally in the wrong spirit, in any case, it's nice to see actors becoming irl superheroes through television, wanna see if this like becomes a trend or something

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
reinforcement.

talking of aamir alone, his chocolate-face make-up, & expressions of disgust and tears, are just too much :lol:
but all these things, or other 'show-requirements', etc, are not & should not be the focus i feel.

as is the tagline, it works!

Last edited:
Top Bottom