Satyamev Jayate - Will Aamir bring the change ?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Cynics will be Cynics, no matter what. And this forum's full of 'em. I bet if Aamir joins someone for some sort of protest/dharna/fast, someone will pop up and say that he's doing that for his personal interest/gain... FFS, Get a Life!

^^ +1

suresh123

Right off the assembly line
I am a big fan of this show.I think that change is not in hands of Aamir alone.It is in our hands.He is trying to aware us that is more important.At least someone has try to do something for our national problems.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Aamir is just a medium.

anyway, the last episode too was very good (ie, hit hard ;)), on 'drinking'. watching that it felt somewhat correct about the age-limit on drinking here, considering how many of us are hell-bent on bumping off pedestrians under the spell of the overflowing pegs :(

a_medico

Chillum Baba
He is doing good job at highlighting various issues which needs to be addressed. But he needs to consider stopping over-dramatization of his tears. Its as if he will cry even if the person he is interviewing has constipation.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
He is doing good job at highlighting various issues which needs to be addressed. But he needs to consider stopping over-dramatization of his tears. Its as if he will cry even if the person he is interviewing has constipation.

can't agree more! esp. i was 'moved' by this 'instant' emotive-outburst of his in the last episode. why not keep it simple when your motives are simple and good? gives more reason for people to point fingers at the show again.
also, the enactment of his '3 idiots' character (jumping in between interviewee's speech; acting surprised & giggling like a child) is very much evident. its as if he's deliberately trying to garner positive public-opinion and add to his image or take leverage from his recent movie-image. i understand that being a TV show, some amount of enactment and dramatisation might be necessary, but going overboard might lead to some awry-looking/feeling moments that would seem off-mark from the aim of the show or divert the viewers' attention unnecessarily. as it is, we have had overdose of it on indian TV channels already. the show and its content is highly-realistic, and it would be still more hard-hitting (as the show's team wants it to be), if its also kept as realistic (and hence retain its 'uniqueness' factor too) as possible.

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Aamir is just a medium.

anyway, the last episode too was very good (ie, hit hard ;)), on 'drinking'. watching that it felt somewhat correct about the age-limit on drinking here, considering how many of us are hell-bent on bumping off pedestrians under the spell of the overflowing pegs :(

Umm.I din't see the show but
In india under 18's drink.While in the Western countries its 21

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Like age limit is of any concern to these teens. And considering how lol the 20-something guys are in this country, it's no better than teenagers being on the ale.

But why not just get strict rule's like other countries?Here under 18's bunk school and go to the bar

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
its he bar/pub owner who will get into trouble for serving drinks to young people.. its their responsibility to verify their age. Its just one police/excise raid away from getting their license canceled..

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Is it not even the colleges/schools responsibility to check on hotels where the students hang out and EVEN SMOKE?
Just a walk out of my college and i can see students smoking in uniform.in a hotel

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Is it not even the colleges/schools responsibility to check on hotels where the students hang out and EVEN SMOKE?
Just a walk out of my college and i can see students smoking in uniform.in a hotel

actually there are two ways of looking into this..
1. Checking hostels.. yes its their responsibility.. but when there is regular checks students start criticizing the school/college of not giving privacy to them.
2. the college staff cannot control a student when he is outside the campus. In my college, students and staff used to smoke at the same cafe outside the college.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
actually there are two ways of looking into this..
1. Checking hostels.. yes its their responsibility.. but when there is regular checks students start criticizing the school/college of not giving privacy to them.
2. the college staff cannot control a student when he is outside the campus. In my college, students and staff used to smoke at the same cafe outside the college.

But don't colleges have a rule of not selling tobaco from about 100 yards?
btw how much is 100 yards?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
But don't colleges have a rule of not selling tobaco from about 100 yards?
btw how much is 100 yards?

that was before the rule came into the effect :p , but its not about having rules.. but about enforcing it..

100 yards = 91.44 meters

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
the college staff cannot control a student when he is outside the campus. In my college, students and staff used to smoke at the same cafe outside the college.

In my Nazi-esque college, when the hostel manager saw a student smoking out of the college premises in some roadside dhaba, he kicked him out for like 6 months or so.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
great so entertainment channels are expected to do news channel's job, now that news channels are full of entertainment shows

Top Bottom