RUMOR: Doom 4 Images Surface?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Her's a leaked image that shows most probably the upcoming highly anticipated id software title "DOOM 4". Check it guys:

Source

iD Software responds to the leaked Doom 4 screenshots

Says they are true.:grin:

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
It doesn't look what was expected after John Carmack's interview. But it does looks very good for sure.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Actually these leaked images are from an early build. The final version will look much better for sure.

gameranand

Living to Play
Actually Carmack said tht Doom would look double the rage so you can see that expectations would be very high.

D

Deleted member 26636

Check this link- Doom 4 – Over 170 Assets Leaked By Game’s Ex-Artist; Four Music Tracks Revealed | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming

Sujeet

Undead!!!
rage blew my head apart..seems i have to go looking for blown pieces to get blown again by doom4 id always do it the big way...quake / wolfestein/ doom/ rage...!!!!

gameranand

Living to Play
Most probably but I can't confirm it. Carmack said in interview that doom 4 would use double the pixel res than rage and also would look twice eye candy. So you can get the idea what I am talking about.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^ofcourse but its a longtime for idtech5 now..if gameranands statement twice the visual candies of rage is correct then they must be implementing radical changes to idtech5 ..or maybe id soft is trying to give hint about idtech6

Piyush

Lanaya
rumors rumors everywhere
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/120808-gaming-news-channel-32.html#post1596316

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ofcourse but its a longtime for idtech5 now..if gameranands statement twice the visual candies of rage is correct then they must be implementing radical changes to idtech5 ..or maybe id soft is trying to give hint about idtech6

Look at valve engine. So many years and still going. :)

Sujeet

Undead!!!
valve was never into the league of making games with ground breaking visuals unlike crytek or id or epic.

their gameplay matters much more than visuals. all of their games are awesome.i like portal most.

btw..its time for a source to get update too!!!

D

Deleted member 26636

valve was never into the league of making games with ground breaking visuals unlike crytek or id or epic.

their gameplay matters much more than visuals. all of their games are awesome.i like portal most.

i agree.....btw, valve is planning on a source update...read it on polycount forum.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
too much GORE but the lighting effects are good. this means "stay away from the dark" :)
Actually Carmack said tht Doom would look double the rage so you can see that expectations would be very high.

from wikipedia:
On August 1, 2008, John Carmack, the co-founder and technical director of id Software said that Doom 4 will look three times better than Rage does

I think they will be using new and updated engine for this game.

optimized much like Cryengine 2 for Crysis & Warhead. Most likely bug fixes and optimized for providing better effects at same system specs.

idtech6???

maybe idtech 5.1 or 5.2 though at the user/media level they'll address it as idtech5 only.

Look at valve engine. So many years and still going. :)

Source engine is updated frequently. Look at the games Valve developed at Wikipedia. Each game have an updated engine but is referred to just as source engine.

Half Life games are unbeatable at release time. Though at this moment Crysis2 or Rage blows away any HL game.

Absolutely correct. Their engine is so well optimized that you never feel like playing cause you never have to force something. Portal 2 behaves exactly the way one wants to.

Wikipedia still lists the 2011 engine. maybe with the release of DOTA 2 or maybe CS Global we'll have the 2012-2013 version of the engine. BTW they are not going for top spot but to offer the best in every dept. with cloth simulation, Half Life 2 EP3 (i hope they use cloth simulation) will be the rock :grin:

i agree.....btw, valve is planning on a source update...read it on polycount forum.

great. will be interesting to see what new tech they add to their engine.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Here is the link to images:
All Games Beta: Rumor: Doom 4 cancelled, leaked screenshots released

D

Deleted member 26636

Danny trejo is in doom 4 :D

*www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/villa2.jpg

SOURCE

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom