RUMOR: Doom 4 Images Surface?

gameranand

Living to Play
Mars, dude. You got it mixed up with Dead Space:wink:

I'd rather see another mysterious planet this time, like the ones in Prometheus trailer.

Yeah right MARS. Actually I played it a long time ago so got confused with dead space. :D

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
It was the setting on Mars and the atmosphere there that made it scary for me. The feeling of loneliness strayed on Mars was not gleaming of hope either.

Earth is so common, I saw it in Crysis 2, Rage and every other shooter.

Yup doom 3 had that scary ambience all the time. A foreign planet, scarcity of oxygen (some levels), less ammo all added up to amplify the fear level.

Till this day, doom 3 is considered to be one of the top 10 most scary games of all time.

I really hope doom 4 retains that fear factor and not become just another typical shooter.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It was the setting on Mars and the atmosphere there that made it scary for me. The feeling of loneliness strayed on Mars was not gleaming of hope either.

Earth is so common, I saw it in Crysis 2, Rage and every other shooter.

Have you seen earth crawling with demons and other horrible things from hell?

I'd sure love to see it.
Posted via Mobile Device

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
earth or planet - it does not really matter if the devs can make it good - it should be more scary than the previous one ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
Other planet is good. I mean we always play games which takes place on earth so a change would be nice.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think BulletStorm was based on planet Stygia but that was not a scary game like Doom 3 at all ;-)

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^and gears of war was on planet sera.
imma big gears fan and cant help myself referring to it whenever possible.:cool:

doomgiver

Warframe
did someone say my name?

sadly, i've not played any of the doom series, due to bad luck and bad timing.

i hope this time i'll get to play it :)

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Exactly. Horror means dark environment.

But that doesn't mean it has to be in some other planet. It can be dark here on earth as well. Ever heard of the "Fatal frame series" ? Its not an fps though.

Although doom 4 might take place on earth, i think there will be portals allowing inter dimensional travel. Most probably HELL....:twisted:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
But that doesn't mean it has to be in some other planet. It can be dark here on earth as well. Ever heard of the "Fatal frame series" ? Its not an fps though.

Although doom 4 might take place on earth, i think there will be portals allowing inter dimensional travel. Most probably HELL....:twisted:

Yes, effects like fog, netherworld transformation in Silent Hill and weather changes in Alan Wake surely did bode of evil presence.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you see the clear skies then it's not scary anymore.

Exactly. Horror means dark environment.

nicely said guys - so Dark Sector, Silent Hill and Resident Evil 4 ( though not all the time it was in dark ), Undying, can be considered as scary games but none of them are like doom 3 - two good scary FSP game in dark environment is Nosferatu - The wrath of malachi and CB's Jericho - just play'em for once ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
nicely said guys - so Dark Sector, Silent Hill and Resident Evil 4 ( though not all the time it was in dark ), Undying, can be considered as scary games but none of them are like doom 3 - two good scary FSP game in dark environment is Nosferatu - The wrath of malachi and CB's Jericho - just play'em for once ;-)

Oh oh you got me cornered. I have nothing to say. You win. Actually didn't thought about these games while writing that post. I thought about DS, FEAR, DOOM, AITD, AW etc. :D:p

Top Bottom