Quiet and Cool Graphic Card Under 7k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
lol iam talking about a branded non desi PSU.
500watt will provide more headroom for ocing in comparison to 450.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Corsair VX450W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Please go through :)

It can deliver up to 572W at 48 Deg.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ OLD VX450s have better build quality - if it's an old unit then it may handle that much load but it always safe to keep the PSU usage within it's mentioned specs.

A PII 955BE when Oced to 4 Ghz @ using 1.475v/1.5v can consume around ~400W with the cpu load only ( prime 95 ) and modern games can utilize a multi core fairly well though not like prime 95 but you also have to consider the gpu power consumption too ;-)

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Review - Page 13 - Overclocking, Power consumption & Conclusion

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Yep I got the Old one and thanks for the post. I will keep that info in mind while OC.

Alright Finally got down to 2 Options.

1. ZOTAC GTX 560 Ti Ra.one Edition
2. Saphire HD 6950

Both Available at exact same Price.

Questions:
a. Will my Power Supply is Enough for these beats if I don't OC anything!
b. Which one to choose :$
c. I read somewhere that it require two 6 Pin Power connectors for these cards. Don't Know if my VX450 Have them or not.

Buying on Sunday.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. ZOTAC GTX 560 Ti Ra.one Edition
2. Saphire HD 6950

560Ti is more power hungry (by 30-50W). also don't expect 6950 get unlocked to HD6970. anyway why go for HD6950 now when you may find HD7850 for lesser price but is marginally slower (you won't notice a drop of 1FPS ;) )

Questions:
a. Will my Power Supply is Enough for these beats if I don't OC anything!
b. Which one to choose :$
c. I read somewhere that it require two 6 Pin Power connectors for these cards. Don't Know if my VX450 Have them or not.

Buying on Sunday.

a. if you don't overclock, it should be enough.
b. better wait for HD7850 to appear.
c. VX450 have only a single 6pin PEG power connector. you'll have to use Molex to 6pin power connectors. usually these converters are shipped with the GPU.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for fast reply man.

I am not Buying New ones. No way I can afford these ones. Getting less used ones for 10K each. HD7850 New one cost significantly more than this.

And Why you said don't expect for unlocking....I am not going to unlock anyway as this card as it is a Overkill for my puny 1400x900 for anything under the sun including METRO & Crysis

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
in that case go for 6950. you should be able to overclock the GPU without giving your PSU a hard time.

And Why you said don't expect for unlocking

old 6950 used to unlock to a full HD6970. but new ones can't be or maybe the unlock rate is negligible.

I am not going to unlock anyway as this card as it is a Overkill for my puny 1400x900 for anything under the sun including METRO & Crysis

6850 is more than enough though with 6950/560Ti, you don't have to worry about upgrade, compromising with visuals to have the games running for some years to come :razz:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think he is pointing to the thread title ;-)

@ Sam - I think newer Sapphire HD6950 1GB gpus with dual fan cooler can be unlocked as well but it's not always guranteed though ;-)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149767-sapphire-hd-6950-1gb-unlocked-hd-6970-1gb.html

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Hey Guys,

Settled for a ZOTAC 560 Ti. The guy didnt had Invoice for HD6950 so was risky as no invoice = no warranty.
Performance wise both are pretty neck to neck and I dont have to worry about this card fitting in my Cabby :D
Will be Buying this Monday and got a assasin's creed game with it - 10.7k Shipped.
Card is 2 months Old.

Good enough deal I suppose.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hey Guys,

Settled for a ZOTAC 560 Ti. The guy didnt had Invoice for HD6950 so was risky as no invoice = no warranty.
Performance wise both are pretty neck to neck and I dont have to worry about this card fitting in my Cabby :D
Will be Buying this Monday and got a assasin's creed game with it - 10.7k Shipped.
Card is 2 months Old.

Good enough deal I suppose.

10.7k for a shipped 560Ti with a free game is always a nice dead.

@ Sam - I think newer Sapphire HD6950 1GB gpus with dual fan cooler can be unlocked as well but it's not always guranteed though ;-)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149767-sapphire-hd-6950-1gb-unlocked-hd-6970-1gb.html

but i read about AMD removing the unusable part. but sad that HD7850 doesn't have any dual bios.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Slight Problem...

If you see my Motherboard :
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-880GM-USB3 AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

The GFX Card Currently Dual Slot GTS250 Overlaps the Top3 Sata Ports. The New ZOTAC 560Ti is also with Dual Slot Cooler hence it will follow suit.

The balance 2 Ports are occupied by 1 TB HDD and a DVD RW.

Now I can't add any internal Drives. Is there any solution? External HDD is also an option but its last one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ use SATA 90 degree angled cable - usually comes with mobo box pack ;-)

@ Sam - on newegg page of Sapphire HD6950 1GB DiRT 3 edition read the feedbacks :

Jkx - 1/18/2012 ( epople also bought this on 6th and 8th jan has the same experience )

No more unlockable shaders. I contacted Sapphire and they said

"The latest version does not offer this anymore.

- Tech"

I'm so sad that I got left behind and I got the one without the option to switch

but on 2/4/2012 8:26:07 PM some said :

Pros: -fast
-keeps really cool
-bios switch still there, unlocked 6970 shaders

I though most probably Sapphire is once again HD6950 ( dirt 3 ed. ( gpus with bios switch but like I said before it's not guaranteed and if anyone interested in buying an old HD6950 they can always ask the seller if the card has the bios switch or not ;-)

koolent

Youngling
Is there any BIOS switch installed in HD 6770... Can it be overclocked with or without usig the switch..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom