Purchasing an Android cellphone

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello Friends, as the thread name implies, I intend on buying an Android cellphone.
:smile:

My personal options include
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Galaxy S2 (S II) White - SAMSUNG UK - OVERVIEW

HTC Sensation XL
HTC Sensationâ„¢ XL with Beats Audioâ„¢ Product Overview - HTC Smartphones

HTC Sensation XE
HTC Sensationâ„¢ XE with Beats Audioâ„¢ Product Overview - HTC Smartphones

The first decision I need to take is to decide which of the above HTC Sensation smartphones do I choose and compare against the Samsung Galaxy S II.

I will apologise in advance before I pose a naive question.:oops:
Does the HTC Sensation XL run on a dual core processor? The link above does not mention this information as it does for the HTC Sensation XE.
:-?

Awaiting your suggestions and opinions.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hi insaneYLN! Its good to see how polite and formal you are and Im sure mods would hate me for saying this but there is no need to be SO formal! :)
To answer your question,
The Sensation XL surprisingly has a single core Processor. Even though it is 1.5 GHz proccy I wouldn't recommend it.
Both the Sensation XE and S2 are amazing phones... so at the end of the day it depends upon these factors:

Design : The Sensation XE is much more good looking than the S2 although the S2 is lighter and slimmer (XE- 11.3mm vs S2 - 8.4mm) and (XE 151 gm vs S2 116gm)

SoC (System on chip): On paper the XE's Processor is better than the S2's (1.5 GHz Qualcomm Scorpion, Dual Core VS 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A9, Dual Core... Respectively )
Although I do not know which GPU is better the XE's Adreno 220 or the S2's Mali-400 MP... That you'll have to wait for someone else to answer or look up on the internet. Sorry :(

aroraanant

Explorer
I personally would suggest you to go for Sensation XE.Its a beast...really a very good phone

or you can also check out Samsung Note.lil big but not that big that it can't fit in your pockets.

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Friends,
First, I apologise for the late response. I was bound by some family obligations. :oops:

Second, I thank you for your suggestions and advise. :smile:

I am inclined towards the HTC Sensation XE but the Samsung Galaxy Note is enticing as well! :?

I am in England and the HTC UK website lists Amazon UK as a retailer. The Sensation XE is about £100 cheaper on Amazon UK compared to other retailers such as Carphone Warehouse. :shock:

My only concern is, if I do purchase the phone on Amazon UK, will I be entitled to the official/standard warranty offered by HTC on the said cellphone? :chinscratch:
I intend on calling the HTC UK customer helpline tomorrow and clarify my queries.

I will post back my findings!

S

siddhipatel

I would suggest you to go with either HTC XE and compare it with Samsung Galaxy S2. I just love both phones. But now it is up to you and you have to make choice between the two. Let me tell you one thing that both are nice phone having great list of features.

rajeevk

Journeyman
I would suggest you to go with either HTC XE and compare it with Samsung Galaxy S2. I just love both phones. But now it is up to you and you have to make choice between the two. Let me tell you one thing that both are nice phone having great list of features.

Ya both are good. Here is a comparison between the two. Check on your own and decide. I will suggest Galaxy S2. :)

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
I called the HTC UK customer helpline and an agent informed me that I am free to buy the phone from a retailer of my personal choice. The agent also guaranteed that I can avail the HTC standard warranty which is 24 months (2 years) for the handset and 12 months (1 year) for the accessories.
:grin:

rajeevk, thank you for the comparison link. I did peruse through it. My major concern is the RAM in the HTC Sensation XE, which is of 768MB capacity as opposed to the 1GB of the Samsung Galaxy S II.
Will it be a drawback in the long run?

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
My major concern is the RAM in the HTC Sensation XE, which is of 768MB capacity as opposed to the 1GB of the Samsung Galaxy S II.
Will it be a drawback in the long run?

Thank you for your suggestion TheLetterD, my Friend. :smile:
I must admit that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus or the Samsung Galaxy Note is beyond my budget. :oops:
The price tags they sport in the UK are exorbitant!

Hence, I have to decide between the HTC Sensation XE and the Samsung Galaxy S II.
My point of confusion is in the quote.
:oops:

Neo

go for the HTC one cuz looks also matter. (I guess u will like to impress the hot girl next to you ;) ).
you wont feel much difference in the performance.

Sarath

iDota
SGS2 also having sold so many units will have better support both by Samsung and by the XDA mods in case you feel like experimenting

aroraanant

Explorer
Haven't you seen guys complaining that they have experienced yellow screen issue or tint issue etc and there are so many other issues that have been posted by the users of S2

ajaymailed

In the zone
i am using S2 since a month, had no issues with the screen, infact its AMOLED display is probably the best if you ask me.

Sensation XE has two strong features- Sense UI & Beats Audio.

Galaxy S2 has 2 MP Frontal Camera Vs Sensation XEs VGA,
16 GB of internal memory Vs Sensation XE 4 GB
4.3 inch AMOLED Display 217 PPI Vs 4.3 Inch SLCD 256 PPI.

S2 has bit more RAM while Sensation has 300 Mhz more clock speed. I dunno if it makes much difference when it comes to daily usage.

if you prefer excellent audio then you must probably check out beats audio in reviews. Sense UI is as amazing as ever but when you weigh it against AMOLED Display, it probably becomes to harder choose between the two.

aroraanant

Explorer
If I would be at OP's place I would have picked XE anyday without any confusion or much thinking

The only phone from Samsung I like is the Note but thats me so now let the OP decide

aroraanant

Explorer
No I haven't checked it as the device very rarely available at local showrooms and if it is available also then don't open the packing n all.
But I am eagerly waiting to get hands on this handsome devie

red dragon

Master troll
Nothing is special about Beats audio.
It is just an eq,the earphones/headphones coming with it are definitely better than the stock iem that comes with gs2 though.

Top Bottom