Purchasing an Android cellphone

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
screen & resolution. also Note is last gen mobile cum tablet.

Thank you once again Sam. :smile:
Am I right to presume that you infer the screen and resolution of the Sony Xperia S are superior than that of the Samsung Galaxy Note? :unsure:
Or is it the other way around? Pardon my confused nature. :ashamed:

I have another query. Are the Android apps backward compatible? I ask such a naive question is because yesterday a cousin of mine purchased the Motorola Xoom tablet running Android 3.0 Honeycomb, and some of the apps he downloaded are not functioning. :?

Hence, after I purchase the cellphone of my choice and upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, will the "older" preceding apps continue to function without any glitches? :-?

Thank you all for having immense patience with my naivety.
:smile:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thank you once again Sam. :smile:

you are welcomed :)

Am I right to presume that you infer the screen and resolution of the Sony Xperia S are superior than that of the Samsung Galaxy Note? :unsure:
Or is it the other way around? Pardon my confused nature. :ashamed:

yes. Note is quite big. it is pocketable but still considering most mobiles have a 4.5" screen, 5.3" is a bit too big.

secondly, bigger screen but resolution is almost same. whereas Xperia S having a smaller screen should offer better view. but then again Note has Super Amoled whereas Xperia S have a normal LED screen. these comparisons will never end. i'll still suggest grab Xperia S or One X. these are new gen mobiles.

I have another query. Are the Android apps backward compatible? I ask such a naive question is because yesterday a cousin of mine purchased the Motorola Xoom tablet running Android 3.0 Honeycomb, and some of the apps he downloaded are not functioning. :?

most are. and i am sure he downloaded apps from outside source cause Google Play will always download the correct app. This may be caused cause of one more thing: installing a mobile app in tablet. core is same but cause tablet have different aspect ratio and resolution.

Hence, after I purchase the cellphone of my choice and upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, will the "older" preceding apps continue to function without any glitches? :-?

YES, only if you download from Play. else i can't say. also if you buy an app/game from Play, it'll support your mobile. else it won't appear in play.

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello Friends, an uncle from London gifted me the Samsung Galaxy Note (ceramic white colour) on Saturday. :hyper:

It was an unexpected surprise which I am still asserting myself with! :blush:

I was terribly ill since Thursday and hence could not report here. Once I have recuperated from my illness I will start a personal thread of discussion for my device.

This thread can be locked by the Superiors. Thank you all once again for your continuous advise and suggestions.
:smile:

Top Bottom