ps3 or a cpu for 35000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any difference between HD ready LCD TV's and HDTV's?
I have a Sony Bravia 26" LCD S-Series 1366X768 resolution and when I set my Xbox 360 to HD mode,it shows only zig-zag lines nothing else:(
Although I'll be getting a HDTV with PS 3 or you can say it the other way:D,I need some help over this issue.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
@Sunny
HDTV ready or HD ready TV have native res. of 1360x768 which is 720P while Full HD TV have the res. of 1920x1080 which is Full HD, 1080P. I to have a Samsung LCD TV which supports max res. of 1360x768. Will go for Full HD one either this Diwali or next year.

@Allwyndlima
Can't I stretch this config to December this year coz then I'll be buying Dell XPS M1730.
Moreover during this period of 5-6 months I'll be playing mainly on PS3 but few games on PC like right now I'm playing Assassin's Creed and have Mass Effect in Download :D
If I upgrade then all I want to know if there's a better card available that will run on my machine without having to invest in a PSU. My current one is Frontech 350W PSU which came bundled with the cabinet.
Bottomline is that I want a card that,for 5K, that would allow me play upcoming games on medium settings till December, without having to upgrade my PSU.
Reason for not upgrading the PSU is that it has been working successfully without a glitch for past 2 years almost 24x7 as my system is a download machine also(Unlimited Connection) so I'm bit reluctant and skeptic about it since I'll be shifting my PC gaming task on the laptop after December.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^... HE meant something else...

@sunny
1.u changed the cable switch
2.The cables are properly connected..
3.Try using the system settings

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Allwyndlima
Can't I stretch this config to December this year coz then I'll be buying Dell XPS M1730.
Moreover during this period of 5-6 months I'll be playing mainly on PS3 but few games on PC like right now I'm playing Assassin's Creed and have Mass Effect in Download :D
If I upgrade then all I want to know if there's a better card available that will run on my machine without having to invest in a PSU. My current one is Frontech 350W PSU which came bundled with the cabinet.
Bottomline is that I want a card that,for 5K, that would allow me play upcoming games on medium settings till December, without having to upgrade my PSU.
Reason for not upgrading the PSU is that it has been working successfully without a glitch for past 2 years almost 24x7 as my system is a download machine also(Unlimited Connection) so I'm bit reluctant and skeptic about it since I'll be shifting my PC gaming task on the laptop after December.
The balls in your court pal.You can stretch the rig till whatever time you like.But the bottom line is a laptop is a big no-no when it comes to gaming.No matter how high end it is you won't feel the same while playing on a laptop & desktop.My suggestion is get the 8800GT which will deliver stunning results till this year end for resolutions upto 1680x1050 with eye candy in most games except Crysis with regards to FSAA.My main motto behind recommending this upgrade was because if you are using your HDTV as a monitor then this card would deliver stunning results & can pull it off for a long time now.No matter which 5k card you buy it won't last you for even one month with decent resolutions.I assume that you will be buying limited PS 3 games.So say for a period of 5-6 months you can easily get over with all of them.Whereas PC still has awesome titles to look forward too with the main highlight being Far Cry 2.I would strongly suggest this upgrade as it would really be more beneficial in a long run.Running for a 5k card won't make any sense as your current card would still suffice.The best you can go in that budget would be an 8600GT which is on it's way out with the advent of 9600GSO.

As far as your PSU is concerned, you will have to ditch it sooner or later.That's the fact.If you are going to get any good GPU upgrade done on it then a good PSU is a must.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
@Sunny
You are using XBOX360 right?
Use the Component cables, the 5 pin one, Red Green Blue,Red,White one to connect the console to the LCD TV or buy a seperate HDMI cable from any XBOX retail outlet.
@Allwyndlima
So if Gaming is a big No-No on Laptop then I think I should even change the model I'm going for. How about M1530? Also since it becomes imperative for me to upgrade then tell me should I wait a month or 2 for new $h1t to come in and prices to drop. Remember my budget stays at 20K and in this tell me the better option Proccy+Mobo or PSU+GPU or if possible then both? See my config in earlier post. Can I sell my current Proccy and Mobo and GPU? If I can then will the Buy Back be only option or can I get some good dough for it openly? Bought my rig in Feb.2007 and every screw of it has been billed and is under warranty.:)

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
dear friends,

I had palced an order in planetM store that I wnat GTA 40gb ps3 bundle. He said thahat it will cost 27.5k. Today evening i have purchased heavenly sword, Assassins creed. I will most probably receive my console tomrw. So one problem is gone. And now what should i upgrade in my computer for 10k.

I am posting my pc config, pls suggest me.

INTEL PENTIUM 4 - 2.66Ghz,
517mb ram,
INTEL D 101ggc mother board,
ATI Readon Xpress 200 onboard graphic card.
a 400watt psu.

please suggest me.

P

paranj

10k? Out of luck! U need more. See if u can save and get this items

Abit IP35-e - 5.2k
Intel C2D E8200 - 6k
2GB RAM - 2k
XFX 9600GT 512MB - 9.3k
250GB Seagate HDD - 3k

u wont be able to any upgrade in 10k. dont buy only gfx card, it will bottleneck!

ya a Cooler Master eXtreme 500W - 4k

Get more games i say!

Last edited by a moderator:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
dear friends,

I had palced an order in planetM store that I wnat GTA 40gb ps3 bundle. He said thahat it will cost 27.5k. Today evening i have purchased heavenly sword, Assassins creed. I will most probably receive my console tomrw. So one problem is gone. And now what should i upgrade in my computer for 10k.

517mb ram,
a 400watt psu.

please suggest me.

1.get PAlit 9600GT (hope ur mobo has PCI E slot) and a Cooler Master 460W PSU.should cost ~10k.if possible add more ram.
2.if u cant extend ur budget- get palit 9600GSO , CM 460W psu and rest for the ram.wont suffer any performance loss since this card performs good and when overclocked comes close to 9600GT

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Allwyndlima
So if Gaming is a big No-No on Laptop then I think I should even change the model I'm going for. How about M1530? Also since it becomes imperative for me to upgrade then tell me should I wait a month or 2 for new $h1t to come in and prices to drop. Remember my budget stays at 20K and in this tell me the better option Proccy+Mobo or PSU+GPU or if possible then both? See my config in earlier post. Can I sell my current Proccy and Mobo and GPU? If I can then will the Buy Back be only option or can I get some good dough for it openly? Bought my rig in Feb.2007 and every screw of it has been billed and is under warranty.:)
If you can sell it then nothing like it.It would add some additional cash to get an overhaul done.But within 20k all I can think of is GPU+PSU as your current rig can easily suffice for it.This would be the safest bet mind you.Also just out of curiosity, Have you gamed on a laptop before? If yes then are you comfortable on it? Because the thought of buying a high end laptop would make no sense unless you are a very mobile person & can't live without gaming even for a second.Apart from that I'd say the desktop is the best solution.But then again it's your money & your call.;)

dear friends,

517mb ram,
a 400watt psu.

please suggest me.
That's a bit too low on the cash for the upgrade.It's very difficult to rope in all the goodies with the amount of cash you have left.By the looks of it, everything needs to be restructured from scratch.See if you can rake in some more moolah, else it would be very difficult with the existing config.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
If you can sell it then nothing like it.It would add some additional cash to get an overhaul done.But within 20k all I can think of is GPU+PSU as your current rig can easily suffice for it.This would be the safest bet mind you.Also just out of curiosity, Have you gamed on a laptop before? If yes then are you comfortable on it? Because the thought of buying a high end laptop would make no sense unless you are a very mobile person & can't live without gaming even for a second.Apart from that I'd say the desktop is the best solution.But then again it's your money & your call.;)
No I haven't played games on Laptop and Gaming is not such a big addiction for me although music is. You are right too, I mean now I'm accustomed to play on a 26 inch screen and gearing it down for a 17 inch screen would be just awful.
So what PSU+GPU options do I have? Tell me in following categories:

1. 10K
  2. 15K
  3. 20K
(Damn You Cost Cutting):mad:
Anyways what's the scope of 8800GT? Is it about to be replaced soon or what? By soon I mean in 2-3 months. Also which company to go for if 8800GT it is?:confused:

Subhadip

Right off the assembly line
The ATI 4850 is coming which will be 40-50% faster than the 8800 GT and only a few dollars extra (at least in the USA). Basically <$200. I think its worthwhile waiting for that. In any case, it will push the price of the 8800 GT further down as well, although not sure when the impact will be felt in India..

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
*www.gamespot.com/features/6192258/...clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;8
*www.gamespot.com/features/6176090/index.html
Check 'em out if you wanna plonk in a SSD in place of HDD in ur PS3 ;)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
  1. 10K
  2. 15K
  3. 20K
(Damn You Cost Cutting):mad:
Anyways what's the scope of 8800GT? Is it about to be replaced soon or what? By soon I mean in 2-3 months. Also which company to go for if 8800GT it is?:confused:
Well if music is a priority then why not get a GPU+PSU upgrade & then with the rest get a Ipod nano or something like that.8800GT will last you for quite a long time now.If you wait there is always something new around the horizon to take out the existing ones.:D

My final verdict is MSI 8800GT OC edition (with Zalman cooler) + Corsair VX450.The rest 5k you can use it as you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom