ps3 or a cpu for 35000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Hello,

just 10 minuts before, my father gave me an offer. He said that he will give 35,000 to purchase a ps3 and some games. Or he will buy me a cpu, motherboard, graphics card, smps. For the same amount. My computer upgrade is purely for gaming. What should i do now. If i should opt for upgrading my pc then suggest me some good graphic card, cpu and mother borad for 35000.

thnax in advance.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
PS3...but no piracy for a long time...

PC if u want gen purpose machine.....but believe u cannot buy a pc with that budget for competing with ps3...

PS3 is the way to go...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
For processor you can go in for a E8400 @9k & Graphic card should be no less than an MSI 8800GT OC edition which should be around 11.9k.Get a Coolermaster Extreme 600W PSU which should be around 3.2k.Wait for the motherboard suggestions from the rest.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Go for a PS3 , that way you wont have to beg ur dad a couple of months later for another upgrade to play the sequel to Crysis or whatever.

Although, you will still have to shell out money for games.

P

paranj

Abit IP35e - 5k
E8400 - 9k
XFX 8800GT 512MB - 12k
Cooler Master eXtreme Power 600W - 4.5k

For the rest 4.5k get another HDD and a BroadBand connection (If u have Dial-Up or another slow speed that is) and u can get the games JUST LIKE IT. FOR FREE. (PM me if u are exciting)

This is THE WAY TO GO I SAY. Cause if u dont have a 32" LCD TV at ur home than PS3 will look blurry and the games are costly too.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Like Paranj said, if you don''t have and HDTV go for a PC but it can't compete with PS3 in anyway. IF you have an HDTV go blindly for PS3, you won't be disappointed. Ganes cost may initially make the running cost of the console high but we all know price drops are always around the bend.:)

jigu

Broken In
go with ps3. if u buy or upgrade pc then u have to say bye bye to that system after 3 yr for gaming purpose. this is negative point for pc gamer.

amitash

Intel OCer
a 35k PC just cant match the ps3...if u have a HDTV at home ten go for the ps3 but games are quite costly...if ur a frequent upgrader like me ten go for a PC

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
This is a no brainer. No PC you build today will last you for more than 2 years for gamin. You can even spend a lakh, it still can't last as long as a PS3 ( or an XBOX360). I think every one will agree with me there. A PS3 will last at least for 5-6 years, even more. By that time your family may even buy an HDTV as it will get cheaper. Additionally modding chips or something may also come out for PS3.
Additionally you can also go for XBOX. I think it's games are cheaper.

ajaybc

Youngling
Re: World of Warcraft_74

But if you are trying to log onto your account while leveling your character, please do inform our customer service representatives using Live Chat or email( storeingameonlinegameservice@gmail.com ) at any time, we will arrange for you in 5 minutes after receiving your request.2Moons Gold2Moons Dil2Moons Gold2Moons Gold2Moons Dil

y is this guys spamming.He has posted all throughout the forum for no reason with some rubbish

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
get a PS3 .it will last much longer than a PC u get today.
get a PS3 GTA bundle and one or two more games to keep u hooked for long

ajaybc

Youngling
This is a no brainer. No PC you build today will last you for more than 2 years for gamin. You can even spend a lakh, it still can't last as long as a PS3 ( or an XBOX360). I think every one will agree with me there. A PS3 will last at least for 5-6 years, even more. By that time your family may even buy an HDTV as it will get cheaper. Additionally modding chips or something may also come out for PS3.
Additionally you can also go for XBOX. I think it's games are cheaper.

The GPU of PS3 is already outdated as of now.It's biggest USP is it's raw processing power with 9 cores.
But from the games that have been released till now we know that it haven't offered anything special.Most games in it were actually made for X360 and then ported to PS3.From what I have read on net it is difficult to program for PS3 because of the unsymmetric architecture.Dont ask me the details bcoz I admit I dont know.

And Iam damn sure that PS3 wont last for another 5-6 years.
I can bet for anything on that.It is going to be a burden like PS2 did for the game developers no matter how powerful it is in 3-4 years.
The biggest example was GTA:San Andreas.Any one who had played it know that it looks like $hit.The developers had done it purposefully even though the PCs of that time cud do more than that because they accepted money from sony to create the game for the PS2 which was already outdated and it shud be able to handle the game properly.

GTA IV for PS3 costs around Rs.3000.In my opinion no Indian except Tata,Birla and Ambani would find that price reasonable for just a game.
Also most homes in India dont have HDTVs to enjoy PS3 games which costs more than a fortune and which is a total waste as of now considering that there is no HD transmission available in India.

So in my humble opinion you should buy a PC like me.I bought this PC (spec. in signature) for around 33000 2-3 months ago.I know it is not a killer gaming machine with SLIed cards and all but it can run any PC game available now at high settings without lags or hiccups.But I think it is far better than buying a PS3 because it serves my general purposes like music,movies,projects,internet etc. and also is capable for gaming.

I know within a year games of then will start to frame and all.But I have no worries because Iam free to upgrade to whatever config I want.May cost 5000-8000Rs. more.But it is far better than shelling out ur hard earned cash just for games.

P

paranj

PS3 ...lol.... :D

ajaybc PROVES MY POINT .

PC PC PC PC PC PC

Last edited by a moderator:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
The GPU of PS3 is already outdated as of now.It's biggest USP is it's raw processing power with 9 cores.
But from the games that have been released till now we know that it haven't offered anything special.Most games in it were actually made for X360 and then ported to PS3.From what I have read on net it is difficult to program for PS3 because of the unsymmetric architecture.Dont ask me the details bcoz I admit I dont know.

And Iam damn sure that PS3 wont last for another 5-6 years.
I can bet for anything on that.It is going to be a burden like PS2 did for the game developers no matter how powerful it is in 3-4 years.
The biggest example was GTA:San Andreas.Any one who had played it know that it looks like $hit.The developers had done it purposefully even though the PCs of that time cud do more than that because they accepted money from sony to create the game for the PS2 which was already outdated and it shud be able to handle the game properly.

GTA IV for PS3 costs around Rs.3000.In my opinion no Indian except Tata,Birla and Ambani would find that price reasonable for just a game.
Also most homes in India dont have HDTVs to enjoy PS3 games which costs more than a fortune and which is a total waste as of now considering that there is no HD transmission available in India.

So in my humble opinion you should buy a PC like me.I bought this PC (spec. in signature) for around 33000 2-3 months ago.I know it is not a killer gaming machine with SLIed cards and all but it can run any PC game available now at high settings without lags or hiccups.But I think it is far better than buying a PS3 because it serves my general purposes like music,movies,projects,internet etc. and also is capable for gaming.

I know within a year games of then will start to frame and all.But I have no worries because Iam free to upgrade to whatever config I want.May cost 5000-8000Rs. more.But it is far better than shelling out ur hard earned cash just for games.

^^^... you need to get your facts straight..

waht u said is all absurd....

1. Gpu of Ps3 is outdated already.....please quote or say why???

2. Ports...ya u could have said that and save your skin about 7 months ago....now its getting old.... heard about MGS4???....the Best example...rest google....

3. Ps3 wont last 3-5 years... for your kind info a generation of game console's life is 5 years...... after that only tech support be given to users and devos...so besides the point...

Ps3 will offer the exact performance the date they started the gen until it breaks down in ur hand...no one-time-GPU-investment can simply do that for 3 or 5 years..can they.....

4. They are not holding u in point blank range for buying HDTV...u could use ur SDTV, LCD monitor or even ordinary CRT monitor.... ans still have the bang.....

HD transmission not available in india...agreed..but context is ps3...it can transmit HD signals....

I dont own one.but i have ps3..360...and LCD mon...enough....

5. I am not a Ambani,tata or birla....still i buy some title...5 to be exact.... its called orginal s/w.... and i am s/w devoloper so...

(ps....no other way dude.... ;)..hehhhhee)

6. I own that freaking card.... its coughing on high end games on medium settings sometimes....least said about High end--- do u know what high end actually looks????

its lots a AA's in laymen terms..... ;)

7. Well PS3 is a gaming console alone not a general purpose CPU....people that want to buy it wants to play games not to do "General Stuff"...ask the owners here....

Still on a side note....PS3 can be loaded with linux....company support and Xp with some mods....even without that...it can do all the things u just said....

8. Within a year it will start to frame.... ok... if it does that....Please PM me....i am sending u my ps3 then for free...

I say this coz i am damn sure......i have been into consoles for 7 years..so knows exactly when will they fade out....

9. "But it is far better than shelling out ur hard earned cash just for games."

This could be debated and proved pointless on various levels...but as i said before..no ones holding ya in gun point.... u are free to do with ur money....

PS3 is the way to go here if u r a game lover.... for avg and casual gamers.... PC FTW....

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
+1 with Madjeri
Look at PS2, it was launched in 1999 and is still selling in Indian market and to call its successor PS3 to be "dead" in just 5 years is just plane, "Moronic".
Its processor, a 128-bit monster is still elusive to the masses, only Dedicated Graphics Designers have their filthy paws on such hardware.
The PlayStation 3 has 256 MB of XDR main memory and 256 MB of GDDR3 video memory for the RSX. Which implies that if the Graphics ops shift onto the Cell then it will perform even better than ur standard GPU. Tell me have seen any GPU with even 64MB of XDR RAM. So PS3 is the ultimate thing if you want pure gaming nirvana, if you can't afford to constantly upgrade ur PC like a high maintenance Malibu bimbo. :D

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
after hearing this i wanna know one thing,

who's price is going to be fall in the near future, say 1-3 months. And if it is what would be the price fall ? please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom